2004 Crown Victoria

Yes, the blinking light is off the Canon S5IS I'm using. Didn't know how bright it was till I did the video, kept thinking 'man, someones going to think there's a problem in the car with this thing blinking' :D

Here's another video, just finished it today.

[YOUTUBE]co7CXe7d3G0[/YOUTUBE]

Also noticed that when the car gets a good flogging the speedo needle seems to get sticky (you can see it during my fairly terrible 0-60 runs)... might have to pull the cluster apart again and hit it with some WD-40 or something...

Also noticed that when the car gets a good flogging the speedo needle seems to get sticky (you can see it during my fairly terrible 0-60 runs)... might have to pull the cluster apart again and hit it with some WD-40 or something...

Vid's unavailable, mate. But I'd like to see it when it's ready.

My dads $60k Cadillac has a case of flobbery needle, but I just attributed that to the fact that it's a terrible car built out of peanut butter jars.

Yeah I see it, Youtube is acting weird on me... I'll get that fixed...

nice try with the 0-60's. despite the lack of grip it seemed pretty damn fast. im in yonkers and have to deal with the same dreariness outisde and the slick roads. with your speedo try a light sewing oil. wd will lube it but not for long. gl

Nice car man. I really dig the whole police look. I had thought about getting a crown vic but after driving a pickup for years, I'm kind of tired of big and heavy, and I don't imagine that thing goes around corners too well!

Couple of questions...

Do you have a limited slip on it? It looked like in the parking lot you were trying to get it to slide out and was having trouble.

You should lose the ford logo on the grill, I think it would look a lot meaner with it totally blacked out.

But too much black is not a good thing imo, so I don't think you should go with the black rims. I like the gun metal look on it now.

Tint those windows!

And do you ever have problems with people slowing down in front of you? ;)

Nice work though, keep it up! :coplight:

I actually wasn't trying to get it to step out in that vid. And if I didn't have a limited slip, the car wouldn't have snapped to the right when I nailed it on my first 0-60 attempt.

Ford Grille is stayin put, Can't have a Ford without it IMO (unless it's a mustang)

I like dark wheels, the new wheels on the 2008 Bullitt look cool, it'll still have the look I'm going for without it being over the top.

Windows will get tinted, come spring...

It goes around corners well... :)

Is it a limited slip differential or a limited slip axle ratio. Are those two any different?

No. A limited slip differential = limited slip rear end. You don't want a gearset that slips, even only a limited amount.

Today was my appointment with the performance shop.

Big Daddy Performance in Lakewood NJ. :nod:

Found out what was giving me the lean condition (one 02 sensor wasn't warming up fast enough, causing the computer to keep fattening the mixture till it did get warm...easy fix), got a Xcal II and strapped the car to the rollers...

The end result?

Dynograph.jpg

That's right bitches, 257rwhp and 301 ft-lbs of torque :D

As we took the car off the dyno, another of his customers came in, 03 Mustang GT (rear diff cover was mangled from previous run in with a tree). Had intake, cams, gears, UD pullies usual stuff. Dwayne pulled up his dyno file and although he had me in HP (269) I had him in torque (288) It made me feel happy...

And now, the Video...

[YOUTUBE]gregZQvgy3A[/YOUTUBE]

And pics...
IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0338-1.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0344-1.jpg

That is all :D

My god it looks great! What does the SCT badge at the boot lid stand for?

I love the noise from a Ford 4.6L modular V8. :D Oh, and FYI the 2005-2008 Mustang GT dyno's ~262bhp and ~285.lb.ft of torque--so use that as a baseline for your numbers to see where you stand compared to the "modern" Mustang GT. :) Which looks like you are pretty well right where they are minus a few bhp and plus a few torque.

Oh, and I'd love some high res shots of the car around some scenic area when/if you get the time.

SCT is the tuning software company that provides the tools that the performance shops use to tune cars.

I actually have to pull that badge off and replace it with a newer/more modern one (It has flames!)

Beauty shots will come soon, possibly this weekend, but it might be a while...

Also need to sand and paint my exhaust tips as they're mostly rust now (just the tips not the rest of the exhaust), and do the taillights...

Spray the tails smoke, and while you're at it the headlights too. :D

Spray the tails smoke, and while you're at it the headlights too. :D

Headlights are already smoked, corners too.

This is what I'm gonna do to the taillights...

P1010681.jpg

ubbthreads.php

47d94e8d-vi.jpg

Planning on doing the same to the reverse lights too.

Leave the taillights alone.

Last edited: