2004 Crown Victoria

I've thought about it, but the only kit for the car makes the ride too harsh.

And it'd only be in the front, as I've got air-ride in the back.

One of the few instances where having a cheaper model would actually benefit.

I'll focus on getting bigger sway-bars on the yacht, that'll sure up its footing.

So Ezbok, give me the specifics on your exhaust from the header out. On of my finalists in my car hunt is a Crown Vic and I'd like to have it pretty much sound like yours but with different exhaust tips (possibly real Marauder tips). Like you I'm also going to use some Mustang wheels, in fact I love the ones you are already using. If I nab a silver Vic I'd probably use the polished Bullitt's over the gunmetal--otherwise a black one will use the gunmetal. On the interior I'm strongly considering using Town Car front seats too for added comfort. :D

And for the life of me I cannot find what year the LX Sport first had the console. I think it's '03 but I'm not too sure I remember. I know they stopped it in '07. Something that is pissing me off though is how almost impossible it is to even FIND an LX Sport. I find Marauders occasionally but never any LX Sports.

Might have some issues with a response.

Last Activity September 14th, 2009 10:30 PM

Might have some issues with a response.

Maybe, maybe not. He might be around just not posting. :)

And anyway I've learned that some Mercury Grand Marquis models (LS Premium) had center consoles too. :) My hope is not lost for a Panther car with a console.

He's been banned, so he'll have trouble posting even if he wants to reply.

Beign banned does cut down on the activity front

And you know the fact that he ragequit so even if he wasn't banned I doubt he would be back anyway.

Last edited:
He's been banned, so he'll have trouble posting even if he wants to reply.

Now that sucks, and I didn't even see that banned title. I'll have to guess using his YouTube videos. Oh well.

Panthers can take Taurus (1st gen and some second gen) and FWD Lincoln Continental consoles.

244269171.jpg

The floor shifter from said Taurus, Continental, or a Grand Marquis LSE/CV LX Sport/Marauder will also work.
hpim0172.jpg

sta72121b.jpg

picture-066.jpg

You can also use the consoles out of certain Explorers.
consol.jpg

Apply for membership over at crownvic.net and you will find answers to anything Crown Vic related. Be forewarned that the admins are really slow and can take a couple of weeks to approve you.

More info here:
http://p71interceptor.com/shoconsole/
http://www.supermotors.net/registry/20838/70710

Last edited:
I've applied for membership at crownvic.net already, awaiting approval. Good to know that you can add a variety of consoles. It just so happens that the models of Panther cars I want have factory consoles. Hell, the Grand Marquis has a tach too! I hope to be able to get some new Marauder parts from my Ford dealer at 10% over cost.

Er, no, the Grand Marquis doesn't have a tach. The only Panther that mounted a factory tach was the Marauder.

You might want to check again. I literally saw a dozen on auto trader that did have tachs. :)

2006-Mercury-Grand-Marquis-Dashboard.jpg

*edit* Oh and some P71's had tachs after 05 I believe.

Last edited:
Hm.

Edit: Yeah, my information predated the 05/06 interior restyle and the all-new frame. Prior to that, no, the only one with a tach is the Marauder.

Last edited:
I love the looks of the updated IP, even if it has been BlaRoned.

Yea, I hate the steeringwheel too. :yuck:

I found ezbok on the CrownVic.net site. Just in case anyone cares. :)