2004 Crown Victoria

Nice Crown Vic :thumbup:

A bullbar would look awesome on that, sooo menacing.

It makes me wish I had a Police Interceptor. Too bad it's not really much of a "city" car since I do most of my driving in the city. Say a 3 year old Interceptor on eBay the other day for $5000. They are such a tempting buy...

It makes me wish I had a Police Interceptor. Too bad it's not really much of a "city" car since I do most of my driving in the city.

Bullshit. With one of those you could make more efficient routes. Why go around a park/house/office building when you can go through it. And who is going to stop you, you are in a police car. And thanks to the body-on-frame design it will be easy to fix once you have cleared the derbies/people off of it.

It makes me wish I had a Police Interceptor. Too bad it's not really much of a "city" car since I do most of my driving in the city. Say a 3 year old Interceptor on eBay the other day for $5000. They are such a tempting buy...

Actually if you visit some local auctions you can get a good running 2000-2003 model with 120k-135k miles for under $4,000 USD. Locally they sell for under $3,000. And having owned one let me tell you that it is most brilliant as a street car. It was a perfect daily driver and it was NEVER boring to drive.

Bullshit. With one of those you could make more efficient routes. Why go around a park/house/office building when you can go through it. And who is going to stop you, you are in a police car. And thanks to the body-on-frame design it will be easy to fix once you have cleared the derbies/people off of it.

You speak the truth sir. :mrgreen:

If it was a ex-CVPI (That's Crown Victoria Police Interceptor to those not in 'the know') I'd have a pusbar on it. But I get enough people thinking I'm a cop with HIDs, bullitt wheels, foglights, jolly roger decal and aggressive exhaust note without it. And I'm not hacking up my bumper just to 'look like a cop', I've grown out of my 'whacker' phase a long time ago.

(i.e. Whacker= person who buys a ex-squad car and then proceeds to cop-ify it either to what it was like in service or beyond. Usually end up arrested for police impersonation and give the rest of the online panther community a bad name. We generally don't like Whackers...)

5 days of working on the dashboard and I'm still not done, I'll have my guy at the Ford dealer take a look at it. Once the issue I have is fixed expect some more videos of the car in action. :)

Then I'd need a bullbar! A childmurderingbutundenyablycool bullbar! To avoid being arrested, I'd just keep the pit bar and maybe a spot light. Are those accessories illegal or can they be kept on. I've seen many Police Interceptors on ads with the pit bars. Correction on the $5000 car though, as I saw it on a local ad and not eBay. Unfortunately, insurance and the cost of fuel will probably keep me away from buying one (at least for now). They are such a tempting buy. What kind of mileage do you get on one of these bad boys?

Last edited:
Then I'd need a bullbar! A childmurderingbutundenyablycool bullbar!

Yes, yes you will.

As for MPG I would guess around 15-16 city.

Edit: http://www.fueleconomy.gov says 16MPG, for a regular version so I was about right. The PIs are a bit heavier due to the reinforced body work.

Then I'd need a bullbar! A childmurderingbutundenyablycool bullbar! To avoid being arrested, I'd just keep the pit bar and maybe a spot light. Are those accessories illegal or can they be kept on. I've seen many Police Interceptors on ads with the pit bars. Correction on the $5000 car though, as I saw it on a local ad and not eBay. Unfortunately, insurance and the cost of fuel will probably keep me away from buying one (at least for now). They are such a tempting buy. What kind of mileage do you get on one of these bad boys?

The only things that are illegal to have are any red or blue lights followed by more than 2 antennas (at least in Texas). Push bumpers (bull bars as you call it) and spot lights are legal. Undercover flashing strobes aren't unless you have them for "offroad" use. Flashing headlght bulbs however aren't, you just can't use them on the street.

Yes, yes you will.

As for MPG I would guess around 15-16 city.

Edit: http://www.fueleconomy.gov says 16MPG, for a regular version so I was about right. The PIs are a bit heavier due to the reinforced body work.

If I got 15mpg in my P71 it was a good day. Expect more like 12mpg, or worse if you have a heavy right foot. :lol:

Gauge cluster swap is complete...

[YOUTUBE]Tlr8Md9_hz4[/YOUTUBE]

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

wow that is pretty sharp man. i love the Marauders. your project is just really nice. not to many guys with crown vics and headers like that :thumbup: heres a pic of my cluster in my z28. its pretty plain but its got a good feel i think.

Img_5373a.jpg

*cough* Those are much better than mine.

Wow that looks a lot better than the original gauges. Fantastic sounding engine too :grin: How much power does the engine produce? (not RWHP)?

Wow that looks a lot better than the original gauges. Fantastic sounding engine too :grin: How much power does the engine produce? (not RWHP)?

Hp at the crank, fairly close to 260-70 by now I'd say. It was dyno'ed over a year ago before I had the exhaust fully done, and it put 220 down at the rear wheels. Torque was 287 too.

Still needs a tune, it's been running a bit lean since I had the exhaust done...

And yes, z28's can peg that speedo :D

oh yes they can. mines stock so idk how well itll manage that on a nice highway sprint but with any work to them they manage it without breaking much of a sweat.

but i do like the matrix green guage cluster. it has a nice ambiance about it.

*cough* Those are much better than mine.

just make your own. plenty of people do it for the 3rd gens and for any car for that matter. get some auto meter pro-comp gauges and put them to a black face plate and itll look sick Everything youll need

From that video, it sounds a lot like the E39 M5 at low speeds. What other modifications do you plan to put on it?

From that video, it sounds a lot like the E39 M5 at low speeds. What other modifications do you plan to put on it?

Some mild street/strip cams would be nice, have the bottom end forged since a blower is in the cars near future.

Bigger swaybars front and rear, Eibach springs to lower the car a inch and give me some more handling ability. Crossdrilled and slotted rotors w calipers to help me stop too.

And a blower from these guys...

http://www.torktech.com/index.asp

Other than that it's mostly apperance stuff, better foglights, twin nostril hood scoop, upgrade to 18" Black Bullitt wheels.

I noticed in the video that there was an unusual red blinking light. Is that a bug or is it supposed to do that? Perhaps if I ever get a Crown Vic, I might just do a gauge swap too :grin:

I noticed in the video that there was an unusual red blinking light. Is that a bug or is it supposed to do that? Perhaps if I ever get a Crown Vic, I might just do a gauge swap too :grin:

It was probably from his video camera.