Someone Else's Problem: 2004 Ford Mustang Convertible 'murica

93Flareside

Sosig
DONOR
Car(s)
See Signature
Well, I didn't got for a Wrangler like I said I would. There's more of a popularity tax than Mustangs it turns out. I know some will say "but what about the top?" There was a massive downpour the day prior and, I looked all over the next day for stains or wet carpet and there was none. Dry as a bone!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

It has the Mach 460 system which, isn't aftermarket happy as far as replacing stuff, it's all or nothing but, no speakers are blown and it sounds fine. It does have AUX and SAT buttons so, I could defiantly find one of those adapters online that uses those inputs on car stereos.

I'm quite surprised how easy it is to drive, there's not shakes or shimmys at high or lower speeds, everything works as it should. There is a Pinion seal that's leaking slightly, my plan is to have that fixed by the end of the week, the fogged up headlight housings will also be replaced, I ordered them and they should be in by Friday or Monday. It's all smiles here!

Thanks!

It's no Lancer, but I suppose it'll do. :p

Looks pretty damn good man. Congrats!

Welcome to the Mustang GT club!

Fun fact - my friend had a GT convertible just like that (except black) with some bolt-ons. It did fantastic burnouts with the traction control on. It was so bad that he decided that riding a sportbike would be safer in the winter. But my god, the sound was epic!

Fun fact - my friend had a GT convertible just like that (except black) with some bolt-ons. It did fantastic burnouts with the traction control on. It was so bad that he decided that riding a sportbike would be safer in the winter. But my god, the sound was epic!

Ford has interesting traction control systems. My Mustang can do a burning start and spin its tires through 1st gear with TC and AdvanceTrac on and its bone stock.

Ford has interesting traction control systems. My Mustang can do a burning start and spin its tires through 1st gear with TC and AdvanceTrac on and its bone stock.

WTF :lol:

What is the point, then?

Ah, yes, I believe I spun the tires and got a little sideways going into second in your car :lol:

You can get a GT, possibly with a stick, for around $3k in these SoCal parts. I'm tempted :think:

You know, I never thought I'd like a convertible but, it's pretty awesome not having a roof.

- - - Updated - - -

WTF :lol:

What is the point, then?

I've spun the tires(a little) with the T/C on, no light showed on the dash either and it has one for loss of traction. :)

I don't know how you guys get got a Ford to do anything with the TC on. I always had turn mine off to do anything.
The traction control on Mustangs is different. It only kicks in when it senses lateral movement. So you can still do a straight-line burnout, but no powerslides unless you turn the TCS off.

My car also has a Sport Mode that delays when the TCS activates.

The traction control on Mustangs is different. It only kicks in when it senses lateral movement. So you can still do a straight-line burnout, but no powerslides unless you turn the TCS off.

Don't forget I had an '04 GT. It wouldn't let me do a burnout at all without disabling it.

Don't forget I had an '04 GT. It wouldn't let me do a burnout at all without disabling it.

Okay, it looks like only the 2005 and up S197 Mustangs have the TCS that only engages when the car gets sideways.

It's possible that LeVeL's friend's and 04MustangGT's cars may have a problem with the TCS - or somebody used a tuner that disabled it.

My car doesn't have sport mode :(
Only TC on/TC off/AdvanceTrac off.