2004 Gumball

:lol: Probably.

So what's the point of racing when you don't win anything when you come in first?

Umm... fun? :lol: I woulda thought you'd get this kinda stuff you being into cars and all. ;)

Just the experience of doing it is more than worth it! Can you imagine a 6-day road trip and party every night with guys that drive Ferarris, Lamborghinis, and more? That has got to be the ultimate experience.

CanadianLoonie said:
So what's the point of racing when you don't win anything when you come in first?

driving at 150 mph+ on public roads with crowd cheering u on......cant imagine the adrenaline rush

CanadianLoonie said:

what the fuck?! :shock:

goddamn I would kill to get to Gumball with a nice car! must be soo cool and fun! 8)

I hope someonw will bring a Carrera GT next year

Dudes, if I were to put my exotic supercar at risk by racing it on open public roads, I would want a tangible reward for winning the thing.

But apparently, you guys are telling me that winning is not the point of the thing.

So how come they're allowed to race on open public roads in the first place?

its all really a chance to show ppl that u have money, just a big ego trip.

otherwise why risk ur supercar in publie roads, to show it off, why put ads on ur cars, to let everyone know your part of the "rock group" named gumball.

i dont get it though, why have 12,000 entry fee when they put ads for companies on their cars? where is this money going to, hotels cant be that expensive and obviously someone is racking in big time here.

They got rich for a reason, and why pass up an opportunity to make more: hence the ads on the cars.
Ego might be part of it, but I think it's more that the trip is a lot of fun, and that's why a prize at the end doesn't matter.

CanadianLoonie said:
Dudes, if I were to put my exotic supercar at risk by racing it on open public roads, I would want a tangible reward for winning the thing.

But apparently, you guys are telling me that winning is not the point of the thing.

So how come they're allowed to race on open public roads in the first place?

OK, but they're rich enough to afford it anyway, so why not? It's their money, their choice. And it's not a race. The whole thing started as just a rally, more or less a road trip with a bunch of exotic cars. I don't know about you, but if I saw 60 Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Porsches, BMWs, MBs, with the odd Pagani, Konigsegg and McLauren go through my town, I'd fall over. Yes, it might be a bit of an ego trip, but hey, if I had that much money, I'd do it too.

As far as racing goes, that's just up to the drivers. The point of the Tour is just that, a tour. But tell me, you're the driver of a 360 convertible. There's 5 other 360's, some 911's, and some 550's. And you're all going down a 3-lane highway. You're not going to mash on it? It just naturally happens. What you really need to do is find the Gumball 2003 vid somewhere and watch it. That will tell you what Gumball is all about. In that one, the Governer of Alabama (or something like that) actually forbade the Gumball tour to go through the state. I'm not sure if they did anyway, but that was kinda funny when he mentioned it.

Most of them have a bazillion dollars. My friend used to park cars for people like this at a golf course and they'd let him park their Lambos, Ferraris, etc. At this golf course, it's like "oh, you have a Ferrari. Couldn't afford a Lambo, eh?" and "oh, you can park it. I don't care. It's my 6th Ferrari.", etc.

hey guys, anyone have pics of the enzo's in em? o btw i know where to download the whole gumball dvd XD there is a enzo in hong kong as well i seen it in the magazines its owned by some guy whcih is a hk big celb. i can get some pics on if i someone teachers me how to