2004 Jetta TDI Wagon

cdbob

Car(s)
'09 STi (soon gone),'04 TDi, '96 MX-5 M
Just got the car today, it's not plated yet because that will probably take a few days to get everything done for it

Car is extremely dirty. It has been snowing this week so most cars don't look great (On tuesday the thing looked great.) It will need a pretty damn good cleaning regardless.

As Stated above the car is a 2004 Jetta TDI wagon, it's the GLS edition with all the options and a 5 speed manual.

Car has 185,000 km

pfME2h.jpg

p7JSgh.jpg

bv96yh.jpg

The Car came with both steelie winters and a set of all seasons with alloys.

zBKR1h.jpg

cmsGkh.jpg

uJYrGh.jpg

I'm looking forward to owning this, I plan on driving this thing across the country three times in the next year.

Last edited:
Nice!

It looks great! Especially with that amount of distance driven on it.

Also, wagon.

Last edited:
Oh, and as mentioned on IRC, it needs to be lowered!

<3

get it tuned to same level as Ice-sedan

Nice car. Does this mean you'll stop asking questions about diesel on irc?
Don't you get the golf estate?
We got both here, the Golf Variant and the Bora Variant. The Bora was the upmarket Golf Variant, the Golf only came with a 115ps 2.0 as biggest engine, the Bora had the 150ps 1.8t as smallest.

Nice car. Does this mean you'll stop asking questions about diesel on irc?
:lol:

We got both here, the Golf Variant and the Bora Variant. The Bora was the upmarket Golf Variant, the Golf only came with a 115ps 2.0 as biggest engine, the Bora had the 150ps 1.8t as smallest.
:blink:
I never knew there was a Bora Variant for the European market. Certainly not on the finnish market, anyways. I've seen one, but it was a Jetta imported from North America.

There are some Bora Variants in Finland, German imports at that.

They failed miserably in terms of sales. The only point of the Bora/Jetta saloons is old people, nobody wants that in estate form.

I know its a Golf with a Jetta face, just weird they bothered to make it.

What?! But why would you even do that?

One possible scenario is that someone took it home with them after living/working in the US. Shipping it could very well turn out to be a better deal than selling it and buying something locally, since cars are so much more expensive here.

I see see US spec versions of locally available cars on the road every now and then. It's easy to spot them if you know what to look for.

I've really wanted to find one of these in the US, but the wagon is extremely rare in the first place, and finding one that doesn't have 300k miles is even harder.

I've really wanted to find one of these in the US, but the wagon is extremely rare in the first place, and finding one that doesn't have 300k miles is even harder.

but 300k isn't that much for a diesel :p
even in miles :p
think of the finnish taxi driver and his 2004 merc with 1000k miles :p

So I've been working on cleaning the car for the past few weeks. While it's still a long ways away from where I want it to be I've at least done a quick wax of the outside after washing the car over at least a dozen times. I still need to get the bits inbetween the doors as well as the hard to reach places in the trim pieces.

and then there's the interior...

Anyways here's a few shots of a slightly cleaner car (with fresh bird shit! which was wiper off a few minutes after I shot these)

CHBg2h.jpg

DiiZ7h.jpg

DbcZ6h.jpg

HMIofh.jpg

ayYV1h.jpg

FRIBoh.jpg

Last edited: