2004 Subaru Impreza WRX

ChibiSF

Car(s)
MY04 Subaru Impreza WRX
Well, here's my baby. My 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX in the classic Subaru World Rally Blue. Comments, opinions, criticisms, more than welcome.

100_0062.jpg

100_0064.jpg

100_0061.jpg

100_0063.jpg

GTSpecBBQ073.jpg

Reactions: Jay
My ever growing list of modications.

Exterior / Interior:
Cleared & Blackouted Headlights
V-Limited Replica Lip
Wingless, Debadged, & Shaved Trunk
STi Front & Rear Seats
DIY Cluster Colour Conversion

Coming Soon:
JDM V7 STI Cluster w/ Custom Red LED Lighting

Suspension:
AST Sportline II Coilovers
AST Front Camber Plates
AST Rear Camber Plates
Kartboy Front Aluminium Endlinks
Kartboy Rear Aluminium Endlinks
Whiteline 24mm Adjustable Front Swaybar
Whiteline 24mm Adjustable Rear Swaybar

More to come soon.

Wheels / Tires / Brakes:
2004 STi BBS
Colour: White
Size: 17" x 7.5"
Offset: +53mm
Tyre: Fuzion HRi Performance All Season 225/40/17

Coming Soon:
Advan Racing Wheel RCII
Colour: White
Size: 17" x 8.5"
Offset: +45mm
Tyre: ??

Powerslot Rotor
Hawk HPS Pads

In the Future:
:evil:

Last edited:
Faptastic.

Dont dig the white rims though, I'm more the "stock" gold fan or else gunmetal grey guy :eek:

Thats IMO. Congrats anyhoo. :D

Pretty sweet overall. I, personally, am not a big fan of white rims but thats just me.

Thanks. My work in progress.

Faptastic.

Dont dig the white rims though, I'm more the "stock" gold fan or else gunmetal grey guy :eek:

Thats IMO. Congrats anyhoo. :D

Thanks.

I actually had gunmetal grey wheels on my car before. Lemme see if I can find an old picture. Anyhow, one of them cracked on me. So, I figured I'd try something new.

I'm liking that white/blue contrast, the stock look is good, but trying new things sometimes works too. Love the body colour and the overall look, Subies look best when they look near stock and go like stig :D

I'm liking that white/blue contrast, the stock look is good, but trying new things sometimes works too. Love the body colour and the overall look, Subies look best when they look near stock and go like stig :D

Thanks.

Anyhow, I'm working on the making it 'go like Stig' part. Right now, it's making just a bit more than stock power, but that should be changing soon (ish.)

I actually picked up last week, a 2003 Subaru EJ205 shortblock, which I plan on building. Here are a couple of pictures from last Friday's engine teardown.

IMG_4179.jpg

IMG_4180.jpg

IMG_4181.jpg

IMG_4183.jpg

IMG_4182.jpg

Hawt. Have you been on NASIOC's member gallery threads before? I swear I have seen that car there before...or at least that car garage (though all of them look the same :lol:).

I love the stocker look, and the white wheels look great on WRB. Mods are very tasteful. Ya know, at some point I will get another Impreza...GD chassis of course :mrgreen:

Keep me updated on that block build, would love to hear about what you're putting into it!

Hawt. Have you been on NASIOC's member gallery threads before? I swear I have seen that car there before...or at least that car garage (though all of them look the same :lol:).

I love the stocker look, and the white wheels look great on WRB. Mods are very tasteful. Ya know, at some point I will get another Impreza...GD chassis of course :mrgreen:

Keep me updated on that block build, would love to hear about what you're putting into it!

Thanks!

I actually just dropped the block off today at a local machine shop to get it hot tanked. I'll have pictures up when I get it back all nice and shiny tomorrow, or Wednesday. After that, well, we'll see...:twisted:

Good car, very clean and low profile, unlike some cars that have been done up all retarded on NASIOC

Good car, very clean and low profile, unlike some cars that have been done up all retarded on NASIOC

Thanks.

I try to keep it clean. There's not much more I'll be doing to the exterior. I'm probably just going to add a V-limited lip, delete the spoiler, and add a Spec-C roof vent and be done with the exterior. Contemplating adding the STi rear fender flares, but that would necessitate a new bumper cover as well.

Thanks.

I try to keep it clean. There's not much more I'll be doing to the exterior. I'm probably just going to add a V-limited lip, delete the spoiler, and add a Spec-C roof vent and be done with the exterior. Contemplating adding the STi rear fender flares, but that would necessitate a new bumper cover as well.

I would forget the lip, while it would look good, you'll constantly have to worry about clearing with parking lot blocks, steep curbs and parking lot ramps, pulling out at obnoxious angles, etc. Trust me its as convienient as walking around/playing sports/running while wearing smart dress shoes all the time. The price for looking good is not worth it.

I'd put a lot of your proposed visual mods towards the big brakes and uprated power mods like you said and leave everything very clean, maybe install HIDs in your headlamp assemblies.

Here's mine for reference

http://forums.finalgear.com/post-your-car/my-2007-subaru-legacy-gt-spec-b-14978/

I tried to make mine look good but with as little aftermarket appearance as possible

Last edited:
Thanks.

I actually picked up last week, a 2003 Subaru EJ205 shortblock, which I plan on building. Here are a couple of pictures from last Friday's engine teardown.

Why, if I may ask, did you go with a 205 instead of a 255 or 257 block? Do not take me wrong; I am not dumping on your decision, just curious. :)

The 2 liter is good for winding up, whereas the 2.5 has gobs of torque. What do you plan to do with the car? straight line speed, or corner carver, drifter perhaps?

I always like the 2004-5 models; that air scoop was SOOOOO obnoxious, like a middle finger perched on the hood.

I would forget the lip, while it would look good, you'll constantly have to worry about clearing with parking lot blocks, steep curbs and parking lot ramps, pulling out at obnoxious angles, etc. Trust me its as convienient as walking around/playing sports/running while wearing smart dress shoes all the time. The price for looking good is not worth it.

I'd put a lot of your proposed visual mods towards the big brakes and uprated power mods like you said and leave everything very clean, maybe install HIDs in your headlamp assemblies.

Here's mine for reference

http://forums.finalgear.com/post-your-car/my-2007-subaru-legacy-gt-spec-b-14978/

I tried to make mine look good but with as little aftermarket appearance as possible

Very, very clean car sir.

Why, if I may ask, did you go with a 205 instead of a 255 or 257 block? Do not take me wrong; I am not dumping on your decision, just curious. :)

The 2 liter is good for winding up, whereas the 2.5 has gobs of torque. What do you plan to do with the car? straight line speed, or corner carver, drifter perhaps?

I always like the 2004-5 models; that air scoop was SOOOOO obnoxious, like a middle finger perched on the hood.

I prefer revving an engine out. I probably could have picked up a JDM EJ207 longblock for the money I'm spending building the 205, but I'd rather do something a bit more unique, plus the learning experience will be nice.

Anyhow, I'll be setting the car up to do some corner carving. I have a list of things I have yet to buy to finish up the suspension.

No updates in a while. Quite sorry. The engine shop department decided, hey, we'll go on vacation without letting me know. So for a couple of weeks, my engine was sitting on a shelf waiting for me to pick it up.

So, anyhow, the engine has been fully prepped and cleaned for sleeving. It'll be off to Darton for in a little bit. Anyhow, some pictures of the freshly hot-tanked block.

IMG_4236.jpg

IMG_4237.jpg

IMG_4238.jpg

Wow I thought my engine looked strange. I don't believe I've ever seen a Subaru flat 4 disassembled like that? So the black comes apart in two halves? Do they ever have leaks in the center?

Whats the bore/stroke ratio on the EJ205? Subaru's seem to have alot of low end grunt.

Wow I thought my engine looked strange. I don't believe I've ever seen a Subaru flat 4 disassembled like that? So the black comes apart in two halves? Do they ever have leaks in the center?

Whats the bore/stroke ratio on the EJ205? Subaru's seem to have alot of low end grunt.

I've never heard anybody ripping the shortblock in half. Blown pistons, spun rod bearings, the usual stuff that goes wrong with engines. But for the block halves to actually split, I've never heard that.

Anyhow, it's a 92 mm bore x 75 mm stroke in the EJ205.

Last edited:
So, I picked up some Cosworth goodies today. :D

IMG_4244.jpg

IMG_4247.jpg

IMG_4249.jpg

Cosworth High Performance Main / Rod Bearing Set:
"Engine bearings are one of the most vital components within an engine and are often overlooked when considering high performance upgrades. Performance engineered, multi-layer bearings generate less heat than normal bearings by reducing friction. Cosworth Race bearing sets feature a unique combination of design, metallurgy and engineering to deliver what drivers expect from high performance Trimetal engine bearings. Engineered with the following features: ? High strength overlay plate with reduced thickness for better oil control and less friction ? Hardened steel backing on all connecting rod bearings ? Increased crush and elimination of flash plating ?3/4 grooving on Main Bearings providing optimum oil supply ? Tight consistent wall tolerances ? Oversize chamfers where applicable ? Tested to over 1000 horsepower! "

Last edited: