2005 D1 Drift GP Pictures

pdanev

Forum Addict
hopefully im the first with this link :)
check it out, this guy has really awsome pics of the d1 drift gp season opening from last weekend :thumbsup:
http://www.friscomix.com/images/D1GP 2005/index.html

this is my wallpaper now
IMG_5550.jpg

you might wanna look at his other pictures, really good stuff

Those pictures are pretty cool. Drifting is something else.

Is powersliding the same thing? because I'm kind of confused.

I've seen a lot of threads on various sites about this sliding vs drifitng topic and yet i haven't come across with something definitive. :) For me, sliding is just going sideways out of a corner, while drifting is entering the corner sideways, exiting sideways, going sideways down the straight (if any), then again sideways into the next corner in and out etc etc etc. So, if you just apply too much throttle at corner exit and get the rear of the car out, i'd call that just a powerslide and not drifting. But on the pictures above you definitely see drifting ;) They are from the D1 GP and thats only about drifting 8)

nice find i love D1 and drifiting. that thata gtr? i would have though they drift with GTT's. shit the chicks are hot

duel caliper? i seen this before. noramlly on a big heavy car like a bently. they have one big caliper and one small shit one like a one on the real of a corolla

I just sent the pic to a friend and according to him... its a handbrake used for drifting?... is that true?

that sounds reasonable. do u want to lock the front or back to drift? front right? and that pic is a front wheel yea

it depends on the style and technique you wanna use. you can drift also with heavy front braking, you transfer weight to the front hence your rear gets a bit loose, the rest is rather straight forward from a theoretical point of view ;)

ive seen those type of brakes on the Evolve tuned volvos, and on a brabus maybach - which is indeed a massive and heavy car :)

You don't want a handbrake on the front wheels... if they lock you can't steer... Yes you can drift using heavy braking but you don't lock the fronts... if you lock any wheels during drifting it should only be the rears...

truthfully i was going to say the same that u should lock the rear to drift, but i didnt know if it was right so i went with the front. i thought ifi got it wrong u guys stomp on me lol.

Overheat said:
jasonchiu said:
no on topic, its a set up of a drift car lol

I was on about the section of the forum that you've posted this in.
Yeah, I'm going to move this. I'm not completely sure where to put it though, so I'll just throw it in General Automotive.

:coplight: