• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

2006 Dodge Challenger Spy Pics

Only thing for the Camaro to be is to become a modern design and blow both the Challenger and Mustang out of the water.

ugly

it will just be a 2-door charger i bet. and it looks terrible

thank god. i hate the 4-door, finally a real charger muscle car.

It's 1964 all over again. (I may write a column about this on Ignition, stay tuned.) This retro thing is being taken waaay too seriously.

The front of the concept is ugly. The drawing is 100x better.

BlaRo said:
It's 1964 all over again. (I may write a column about this on Ignition, stay tuned.) This retro thing is being taken waaay too seriously.

In a way yes, but I sure do like this concept Charger a whole lot. I think the GTO should have had more soul. The current Charger doesn't even deserve a name that even remotely sounds like Charger.

The old Charger vs the new one is like comparing the old elvis to the newer, fat one. Or one of his fat impersonators.

American consumers seem to have no imagination at all. They have this infatuation with muscle cars from the 60s and every design that comes out now has to emulate the old one.

When the GTO came out, consumers complained about the styling and wanted it to look a bit more retro. This has happened with SUVs, family sedans, you name it. Is it because this is the only way the designers are going to return to the so called 'glory days' of the American car industry?

I understand the point of introducing styling elements to cars that hark back to an older design heritage, but making blatant rip-offs of older cars? It seems to show that they are solely relying on consumer-studies for their design ideas. The people they gather would simply say "Oh, make it like the older one, except with new internals" and they go with that.

What happens down the track when the next model is released? Where would they then get their design inspiration from? The 80s?

^ Just wait till they all flop. That's why the American car industry is going down. Look at Alfa Romeo. Underpowered and so called unreliable but the styling is to die for (especially the new Brera).

The North American market is dead. Ford itself can get more sales if they just bring over the Euro stuff.

I would just like to see the redesign of the Mustang. What can they do? Like Magnet said, probably go into the ugly years...:lol:

Magnet said:
American consumers seem to have no imagination at all. They have this infatuation with muscle cars from the 60s and every design that comes out now has to emulate the old one.

When the GTO came out, consumers complained about the styling and wanted it to look a bit more retro. This has happened with SUVs, family sedans, you name it. Is it because this is the only way the designers are going to return to the so called 'glory days' of the American car industry?

I understand the point of introducing styling elements to cars that hark back to an older design heritage, but making blatant rip-offs of older cars? It seems to show that they are solely relying on consumer-studies for their design ideas. The people they gather would simply say "Oh, make it like the older one, except with new internals" and they go with that.

What happens down the track when the next model is released? Where would they then get their design inspiration from? The 80s?

i say that its better than boring bland designs, when done right. I'm just not into this challenger, it looks too small for some reason. the old challenger had a sense of hugeness to it.

/me likes it

No Boss said:
if that is really what it will be, it will be a serious head turner on the road.
Yeh it would!

I'd like to see one coated in a candy-apple red - crimson type colour :D

Its nice cos they really havnt messed about with the original design...I just hope it has the right engine note to match the looks!