2006 HSV E-Series

grange is statesman/caprice based, senator is calais based.

Did you guys notice that the Clubsport has the same amount of power as the GTS?

Also - I'm not complaining....its just that I was expecting more power from the GTS.

i think that was about the first thing i noticed, that big 307 badge on the back of all of them.

HSV have never really had big leaps in power
215 kW(VR-VS) 220 kW(VT series1) 250kW(VT Series 2),255kW(VX),260kW(VY),285kW(VY Series 2) 297 kW (VZ) excluding the GTS models.
It would probably be a bad idea to have the GTS run with more power especially since its on a new chassis.
But I'm expecting a big power leap on E-series II much like VT to VT II where the GTS went from 220 kW to 300kW.

flyingfridge said:

I thought it was the other way around... I've seen Senators in Statesman bodies as well as grange... maybe I just confused myself :lol:

BlitzR said:
HSV have never really had big leaps in power
215 kW(VR-VS) 220 kW(VT series1) 250kW(VT Series 2),255kW(VX),260kW(VY),285kW(VY Series 2) 297 kW (VZ) excluding the GTS models.

I've always felt sorry for the people that bought the VT-I and VY-I models... It was just a little power increase and then BANG! series 2 gets a big power increase, poor bastards :lol:

I am surprised HSV only whacked on an extra 10Kw but no doubt the series 2 will provide for a little jump, maybe another 5Kw or something. Not huge, but it'll make a difference, surely.

andyhui01 said:
flyingfridge said:
I thought it was the other way around... I've seen Senators in Statesman bodies as well as grange... maybe I just confused myself :lol:

Yes, you have been confusing yourself andy :lol: The Grange is the big f**k off pimp model, whereas the Senator has only ever been a pimped up Calais...

i liked the spy pics better. gotta say i am now a little disappointed with the range. i'd have to stick with the SS if i'd ever get a Commodore.

andyhui01 said:
flyingfridge said:

Yes, you have been confusing yourself andy :lol: The Grange is the big f**k off pimp model, whereas the Senator has only ever been a pimped up Calais...[/quote]

yup... then its the Grange that I really like... that can be put beside a Brabus S-class and still look nice :D

andyhui01 said:
watto said:
andyhui01 said:
flyingfridge said:

Yes, you have been confusing yourself andy :lol: The Grange is the big f**k off pimp model, whereas the Senator has only ever been a pimped up Calais...

yup... then its the Grange that I really like... that can be put beside a Brabus S-class and still look nice :D

I've never been too keen on the Grange's looks. I always think HSV have tried too hard with it... Plus I wouldn't be willing to pay almost 100k for an HSV.

Having said that, going by the looks of the new Caprice, the Grange will look much more subtle I'm hoping. Can't wait to see these new models on the road!

watto said:
I've never been too keen on the Grange's looks. I always think HSV have tried too hard with it... Plus I wouldn't be willing to pay almost 100k for an HSV.

Agreed - the Grange needs to be subtle, but no matter how good it looked, I just couldn't ever justify paying $100k for something based off a Commodore (no matter how modified it is). Or a Falcon / Camry / Magna for that matter.

fbc said:
watto said:

Agreed - the Grange needs to be subtle, but no matter how good it looked, I just couldn't ever justify paying $100k for something based off a Commodore (no matter how modified it is). Or a Falcon / Camry / Magna for that matter.

but isn't the Grange a LWB of the statesman? Obviously the price tag is ridiculous, explains why I've only seen 1 after being in Australia for a year and abit more...

andyhui01 said:
fbc said:
watto said:

but isn't the Grange a LWB of the statesman? Obviously the price tag is ridiculous, explains why I've only seen 1 after being in Australia for a year and abit more...

Well, yes, but the Statesman is a LWB Commodore variant, so it's all based off the same core vehicle.

BlitzR said:
But I'm expecting a big power leap on E-series II much like VT to VT II where the GTS went from 220 kW to 300kW.
Don't hold your breath. The only reason there was such a big power leap was because they went from the old 5.0l holden to the GenIII Chevy 5.7 block. Or did they have the GenIII to begin with VT? I doubt they would have with 220kW.

As for GTS, there's the rumoured GTS-R. Could have the 6.2L or maybe even the 7.0L for the Z06 8) Personally I like the tail lights, they could have been better (Should be higher, but still very nice), but atleast they've made it significantly different to the SS/SS-V. It's one thing I love about the VE, the difference between models.

I remeber back with the VT Berlina and Calias. You had to look hard for differences, like the badge for one! and the tiny bit of chrome around the windows. That totally justifies 10 extra grand :lol: It was the same til VYII

Jamesd said:
BlitzR said:
Don't hold your breath. The only reason there was such a big power leap was because they went from the old 5.0l holden to the GenIII Chevy 5.7 block. Or did they have the GenIII to begin with VT? I doubt they would have with 220kW.

I think the VT series 1 used the stroked 5.0L (stroked to 5.7L), and the VT2 used the LS1, I think it could have been the Callaway LS1 in the GTS.

Those HSV pictures dont do the car justice. These pictures are far better in showing the fine details - especially the LED stop and signal lights.

Personally I think that the back end looks more like an audi. Well done HSV.

_F4U0522.jpg

_F4U0243-2.jpg

_F4U0187-2.jpg

_F4U0490.jpg

_F4U0447.jpg

_F4U0408.jpg

_F4U0119.jpg

_F4U0077.jpg

_F4U0128.jpg

That does look much better. But I did think that the GTS is the best of the bunch.

Yeah, it does look a hell of a lot better in those shots - especially the front-on one. But I'm still not liking the back due to those tailights.

From the front, the HSV is 100% badarse Australian muscle car - a proper Holden :D

But from the back, its ignored its stylish Audi-ish curves of the regular VE and gone for something techno, fidly and Japanesey like an EVO. It ruins the whole car.

I love those pics....any wallpaper sized ones?

Deanodriver said:
Jamesd said:
BlitzR said:

I think the VT series 1 used the stroked 5.0L (stroked to 5.7L), and the VT2 used the LS1, I think it could have been the Callaway LS1 in the GTS.
You're right actually, they used the storked 5L and then they got the GenIII in series 2.

There's a Clubsport R8 in the dealership just up the road from here, I must say it does look great in the pics but you need to get up close and have a good look before you really appreciate it. It's a fantastic looking car, and the different lights are just so right for the HSV.