2006 HSV E-Series

I saw a GTS!!!

I saw a GTS!!!

Sorry about the bump but hey, it's deserved cos today I saw a black GTS.

Wow, just wow.

It is easily the best looking current production Australian car on the market by a long shot! The rear lights suit it to a tee, the wheels look fantastic (with that alluring view of the calipers), the body kit is aggresive but subtle.

The thing that amazed me most though was the interior. It's really really classy. So much better than any interior they've done before. It looks comfy, supportive, very user friendly and certainly not over the top. Sure, there's some plastic here and there but it doesn't look cheap at all.

I want one. Now. (And to create conflict, I'd like a grey FPV Force 6 sitting next to it in my garage;))

^Watto, by any chance was it in the CBD? I've only seen 1 E-series HSV so far in my life and I've seen the same one quite a few times(Black as well), all around the CBD. I have a slight feeling the person who owns it works at the Audi showroom on Victoria St., I've seen it parked there quite a few times already.

^No mate, this was outside work which is on Nepean Highway, opposite the Moorabbin train station.

Yeah got my first viewing at the motorshow last week and it looks much better in the flesh but I still think it would have looked better if it kept the VE shape taillights.

Yeah got my first viewing at the motorshow last week and it looks much better in the flesh but I still think it would have looked better if it kept the VE shape taillights.

actually, I take back what I said about how the lights looked like crap, I actually think it looks pretty cool, it looked really different/unique and surprisingly fierce, the back just says, don't mess with me, or I'll eat you :lol:

actually, I take back what I said about how the lights looked like crap, I actually think it looks pretty cool, it looked really different/unique and surprisingly fierce, the back just says, don't mess with me, or I'll eat you :lol:
Yeah but wouldn't you agree it would have looked better if they kept the VE's regular lights? Thats my main gripe...it could have looked better.

I love the VE's normal lights, particularly on the Calais-V. Makes it look like an upmarket Audi A6 or something and I didn't see much point in tampering with a nice basic design. The reason they did it is because previous HSV customers claimed that there wasn't enough HSV differentiation between it's lineup and the regular Commodore lineup.

Fair enough about the tail lights though, but from VZ to VE, there has been a giant leap in model differentiation. Which is a good thing, for me :)

I saw my first VE R8 in the city a couple of months ago, and my god is it amazing :D Can't wait to see the grange.

Clubsport R8 AUD$62890 US$48000 CAD$55000
GTS AUD$74990 US$58000 CAD$65000
Senetor Signature AUD$76990 US$59000 CAD$67000
Grange AUD$89900 US$69000 CAD$78000

Prices seem expensive but if exported I doubt they would cost that much (not sure if those prices include tax either)

*beat me to it watto, but I converted the prices ;)

Last edited:
^But you put on the price of the Z-Series Grange ;)

that's cause that's all they list on there site atm, the $100k is speculation :p (personally I think it'll be about 95k when they release the pricing for it)

that's cause that's all they list on there site atm, the $100k is speculation :p (personally I think it'll be about 95k when they release the pricing for it)

I personally think it'll stay at its current price, or even go down. Remember, the Caprice went down in price slightly.