2006 Impreza Announced

I actually like the new front end as well, I just don't like the fact that the front overhang is HUGE! :)

Got front overhang?

I must admit that it looks better in those pics than the earlier "spy shots". I just hope it goes that much harder to make up for the fugliness of it :puke:

When I first saw it a few weeks ago I didn't like the front at all, but now I'm beginning to think it's not too bad.

Suburu's designers have just given the market to the EVO. Its a shame really because the EVO v WRX battle has always been a close one but not anymore...Unless the new EVO is ugly.

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
Suburu's designers have just given the market to the EVO. Its a shame really because the EVO v WRX battle has always been a close one but not anymore...Unless the new EVO is ugly.

Looks isn't everything you know. Evo has been lately more good looking for many years now. It's the performance that they keep on fighting.

...And the new STi looks better than Evo 8 ;)

Uhh. They have been clearly designing the STi and not the WRX. When the time has come to draw a WRX, they have just dumped the spoiler. Awful balance on that.

I think they should have given the WRX the smaller spoiler like the ones out now have.

na... Subaru's and Evo's are rally based cars and therefore have to keep their cc below 2000... plus Subaru is already 1 step ahead of evo's engine technology, Subaru had the equivalent of MIVEC in Mitsubishi in the previous facelifted model... so engine changes are pretty unlikely, you'll obviously expect little changes here and there but don't expect big major ones

Dark_Templer_102 said:
Well, i think it looks very sexy and i love it.....i wonder if theres any engine changes
The base WRX gets the 2.5L turbo rated at 250 hp

the front sux :/
actually i always seen Impreza and Evo's way different - the Impreza had kinder face, looked friendlier... and evo was a bit vulgar.. now it becamse as Evo... :}

I think is a desing that grows on you... i see it better every time.. is movieng upwards on my cool wall! :lol:

http://www.carfreaks.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=134

I thought it would be nice to have some info about different kind of new MY06 Impreza STIs. Strange is in my opinion, that there has been plenty of rumours about new 2.5liter engines also in the Europe, but in this info, it is not mentioned. 2.5liter MY05 Impreza STIs are after all available in Italy and UK(imported and tuned type25 versions) and at States. These specs looks promising, even if the looks specially the Ibiza reminiscent front-end might divide opinions. I bet the performance won?t be something to argue about. After all 320hp in a smallish family saloon, is let?s say at least almost enough ;)

STI JDM spec
http://litchfieldimports.co.uk/subaru/my06/index.asp
index2.jpg

The MY06 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
June the 17th sees the launch of the new 2006 Subaru Impreza STI.

We are currently taking orders for the first MY06 STI?s and will have in the UK shortly. Call now for all of the ordering information.

The Model Year ?06 car has had a significant cosmetic and aero dynamic makeover with a completely redesigned front end, new roof spoiler and changes to the rear tail lights. As well as improving the cars looks these changes have had a dramatic effect on the cars aero dynamics reducing lift at the front and improving high speed stability.

Type25 specs will come shortly, that is the real HOT version, like with MY05, 350hp out from showroom, and AST suspension.

The MY06 Japanese car uses a revised version of the Twin Scroll turbo, equal length manifold and semi-closed deck engine block which allow the engine to produce an amazing 311lbft of torque in standard form (up 8lbft on last years JDM model).

As with all of our JDM Subaru?s the ECU is remapped and tuned for the UK?s lower octane fuel and these new improvements mean we will be able to offer even greater performance on the new model. Each car will be individually tuned on our Rolling Road and we expect to see 320bhp from the standard car with improved fuel consumption. This figure will improve drastically when mated to our new high flow exhaust system and induction package.

One of the biggest changes to the new MY06 Impreza line up is that the amazing Spec C has become more mainstream without dulling its performance. The Spec C has been further improved following all of testing at places like the Nurburgring. The 2005 Spec C Limited recently set a laptime of 7:59mins around the circuit in standard form! Subaru have made a real effort with the Spec C and this is now homologated for Group N rallying insuring a competitive package straight from the showroom.

Mechanically the Japanese STI is much improved over the UK cars engine and chassis setup featuring:

* Revised Engine internals
* Equal Length exhaust Manifold
* Twin Scroll Turbo
* Revised ECU
* Different inlet Cam
* Revised exhaust
* HID Drivers headlights
* Automatic intercooler water spray button
* Sports ABS
* Front mounted water spray bottle
* Red backlit dials
* Additional card holder

* Tyre width up from UK?s 225/45 17? to 235/45 17?
* Improved Steering speed and feel
* Rear windscreen wiper

* The Japanese STI and Spec C also features Front Strut Brace
* Revised centre diff control unit with additional sensors
* New larger intercooler design

STI Spec C
http://litchfieldimports.co.uk/subaru/my06/specc.asp
indexspec5.jpg

indexspec8.jpg

indexspec2.jpg

indexspec1.jpg

One of the biggest changes to the new MY06 Impreza line up is that the amazing Spec C has become more mainstream without dulling its performance. The Spec C has been further improved following all of testing at places like the Nurburgring. The 2005 Spec C Limited recently set a laptime of 7:59mins around the circuit in standard form! Subaru have made a real effort with the Spec C and this is now homologated for Group N rallying insuring a competitive package straight from the showroom.

The MY06 Spec C is much lighter (upto 120kg) than the standard STI with lightweight glass, roof, boot lid etc. It also has:

* 12 Litre Intercooler water spray bottle behind the rear seats for better weight distribution with automatic mode as well as the Manual mode like the UK.

* Roof vent

* The Spec C is fitted with a different radiator, water pump and additional engine & transmission oil coolers for improved cooling under track conditions.

* A Roller bearing version of the Twin Scroll turbo is fitted to the Spec C.

* The Spec C also gets a rear strut brace as standard.

We can now order the Spec C with luxury items like Air-Conditioning, body coloured mirrors and Electric windows which until now were only reserved to the Limited Edition models. It can be ordered in 5 colours to the previous 2 (White & WR Blue).

Remember, after all it will be the type25 that will be the true successor to 22B and RB5. As it was allready with MY05. Specs of that will be soon @ http://www.type-25.com/home.asp