2006 Jaguar XK

Labcoatguy said:
This demands a repost:
fordfam.jpg

IMO, every other Jag coupe since the E-type has been ugly....XJ-S still looks dull in my eyes, and this is just the next one after the stunning XK8. Or will this get better with time, as Clarkson suggested?
I think the Advanced Lightweight Concept was waay better looking and especially in that colour.
mydesktop1medium1nh.jpg

I mean, look at the side-view mirror mounted indicators. How nice they look...
And those wheels :drool: :woot:

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
Labcoatguy said:
This demands a repost:
fordfam.jpg

IMO, every other Jag coupe since the E-type has been ugly....XJ-S still looks dull in my eyes, and this is just the next one after the stunning XK8. Or will this get better with time, as Clarkson suggested?
I think the Advanced Lightweight Concept was waay better looking and especially in that colour.
**PIC**

How come that DOES look good?

Can I have that background please?

Jostyrostelli said:
Labcoatguy said:
This demands a repost:
fordfam.jpg

**PIC**

How come that DOES look good?

Can I have that background please?
13.jpg

Those wheels are awesome and look at that front air-intake...sweet!
14.jpg

Even the interior looks better and rather PIMP!

1.) I'm a big Jaguar fan.
2.) This is not a Jag. Grace, space and pace? Yeah right :thumbsdown:

I thought it couldn't get any worse. S-type, X-type, estate, diesel, ...

But at least there were the XJ & the XK. In the 2006 there will be the XJ and 4,5m of a coupe.

DJ said:
huh? how do you figure? it's 2+2, a LOT more woodgrain than a AM DB9, less pretentious exterior and a LOT of E-type styling cues..

the XK8 was a HORRIBLE as a sports car, not an ounce of chassis rigidity, heavy and SLOW, not to mention boat-like dimensions. :?

Re: 2006 Jaguar XK

astroboymoto said:
0-100 in 6.2seconds
where'd you get that figure from??? :? Press Release quotes 5.9 which is "less than half a second off the pace of the previous 400bhp supercharged model"

http://www.jag-lovers.org/_2005xkpr.php
Thats the 0-100 in the 300BHP non-supercharged Jag. Supercharged version yet to be released.
http://www.exoticcarsite.com/pages/jaguar-xk-2006.htm :)
eh?

I think I see the confusion, 0-60mph in 5.9 = 0-100 in 6.2 :? the supercharged version should be hitting low 5s/high 4s

^ 0-100kmh is more 0-62mph (not 60) thats where you get the small difference. :)

This sucks ! Looks like the british car design (or whatever's left of it) is mighty insecure....The DB9 was a absolute babe , and the rest decide to play it safe by getting "inspiration" from it....Look at this Jag... the bodyshell seems to have been lifted off from a DB9 drawing board :cry: ...and the rest of the style seems to have been "borrowed" as well... The lights for crissake looks Korean !! :yucky: .. If it was Daewoo announcing a new car , I would have said hmmmm. But not Jag . This is ridiculous !! :x :x

Dark_Templer_102 said:
I dunno why, but the steering wheel screams "Caddy" at me..

SAME!! The whole black interior looks cheap and crap like a Caddy!

It's nice to a point, it's got some good classic Jag design themes but there's something missing. Its definitely not as tough as the current XK.

Don't forget, the Advanced Lightweight Coupe was an all out interpretation. This is just the 'base' XK', when the XKR comes out, it will have the big rims and the extended front apron and probably the different ducts. It is not far removed from the ALC at all. Just toned down a little because this isn't the fully sports model.

I thought it looked like a 350Z. It has the same sized screen and has all that grey plasticy stuff around it :thumbsdown: Basically, its cheap looking and even though its still not a cheap car.

astroboymoto said:
DJ said:
huh? how do you figure? it's 2+2, a LOT more woodgrain than a AM DB9, less pretentious exterior and a LOT of E-type styling cues..

the XK8 was a HORRIBLE as a sports car, not an ounce of chassis rigidity, heavy and SLOW, not to mention boat-like dimensions. :?

The first word in the company moto is "Grace". That's one thing this car doesn't have.

Its lack of grace reminds me of the pre-facelift XJS (76-). Back then Jaguar wanted to conquer the American market by making an "American" car. It took Jaguar designers several facelifts to make the car worthy of it's British origin (95,96 V12s & Celebration edition).

This "coupe" seems to have been designed with only one thing in mind; play it safe. It has absolutely nothing that hasn't been seen already (on other marques!). And that's a big difference between it and it's older brothers. The Jaguar GT has always been somewhat special when compared to the competition. This isn't.

Btw, I don't know what car you drive, but I do envy you. I've driven the XK8 coupe twice and it is still the fastest car I've driven so far. 300 bhp was quite enough to make my heart pump a lot faster than usually. I didn't experience the chassis rigidity problem you mentioned either. But it is possible we don't have the same expectations from the Jag. Seeing the Mondeo knobs in the interior and Scorpio indicators bothered me much much more than the performance issues you seem to have noticed.

mpulztracker said:
This sucks ! Looks like the british car design (or whatever's left of it) is mighty insecure....The DB9 was a absolute babe , and the rest decide to play it safe by getting "inspiration" from it....Look at this Jag... the bodyshell seems to have been lifted off from a DB9 drawing board :cry: ...and the rest of the style seems to have been "borrowed" as well... The lights for crissake looks Korean !! :yucky: .. If it was Daewoo announcing a new car , I would have said hmmmm. But not Jag . This is ridiculous !! :x :x

I agree with every word.

HyundaiCoupe front, and Mercedes CLS in the rear...not very classy.

That is exactly what I thought when I saw it! :lol:

As much as I love Aston's I'm getting a little sick of everything looking like (or trying to look like) them. Go out and design something new! :p

...but one element of originality .....is undoubtedly the braces on its half grin - chump faced front grill :woot:

Not to be an ass, but to save you from renesis' wrath, shouldnt' this be in the new rumour mill forum? I think the new Jag is beautiful, just like my step dad's old XK-E, but not quite as graceful or sporty...

Why should it be in the new section? It has been presented to a smaller audience before and it will have his offical release next month in Frankfurt.

looks beautiful, and so does the interior if you opt for the wood grain instead of the cheap looking metal.
and it will be quick, not to mention that jag hinted at a 500hp version coming out soon afterwords ;)
the headlights could look a tad better, but thats about it.