• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

2006 Mazda6 MPS

NexTourer

Wonder why it's not the MazdaSpeed6.

Bottom line: Mazda promises that the Mazda6 MPS will be the best braking, best handling Mazda yet built. And after driving the new AWD star CarPoint can only agree.

Mazda's 6 broke cover in August 2002 immediately delivering the goods on the road and most importantly in the showroom. Making what was already a good car even better it was given a makeover in mid-2005. Sales have been strong and customers seem to have a smile on their faces which is just what Mazda wants.
But as if that wasn't enough Mazda Australia have released their technologically-advanced flagship - the Mazda6 MPS (Mazda Performance Series) - which hit showroom floors in October. And while its subtle styling may blend in with the crowd there is menace lurking beneath.

Pricing for the Mazda6 MPS starts at $48,600 with the Leather Pack topping out at $54,600. Mazda predicts 70 per cent of customers will choose the Leather Pack model.

http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/port...bID__6485/ArticleID__7682/DesktopDefault.aspx

^^ OK, it will most likely be called the MazdaSpeed 6 in countries where the MazdaSpeed brand is extablished. That article you have is from an Australian website, and we don't have MazdaSpeed down here. All those prices are all AUD as well.

Did you know that regardless of whether MazdaSpeed is established in Australia, it can never be called that. Australian regulations prohibit it from includeing the name "Speed" in it cos its related to drugs....talk about stupid fucking regulations eh..

I wonder if you could get a TVR Speed 12?

$48k? That's around $36,000USD, which is pretty steep...though it'll probably be around $31k in the States. I'm not sure American customers would want to buy a Mazda at that price that's not a hardcore sports coupe like RX-8.

Plus, the AWD system makes the car a real pig at around 3700 lbs. I remember reading about it in an old magazine.

According to Mazda's Australian website, it's a little over 1600kg, which is a touch on the heavy side compared to the Liberty GT (its closest competitor) at 1435kg. The price, however, is pretty keen for the local market; at $48k it undercuts the Liberty GT by at least $5k. remains to be seen whether the specs are equivalent though.

in the US the MazdaSpeed 6 will cost around $28K and weigh right under 3500 lbs, which is a lot. however it does have 270hp and 280lbs of torque which helps it get to 60mph in 6.2 seconds. and the interior is awesome, the seats are fabulously comfortable. I'd consider it over the Legacy.

What the FUCKING HELL ARE YOU ON!?

$35,995 Is the base price
$38,795 WIth the leather and sunroof package

And they do call it MazdaSpeed6, atleast here in Canada

Which is still a tad too expensive IMO but between that and a Nissan Altima SE-R it's an easy pic, Mazdaspeed6!

Renesis said:
What the FUCKING HELL ARE YOU ON!?

$35,995 Is the base price
$38,795 WIth the leather and sunroof package

And they do call it MazdaSpeed6, atleast here in Canada

Which is still a tad too expensive IMO but between that and a Nissan Altima SE-R it's an easy pic, Mazdaspeed6!
is that in canadian money? a few months ago a mazda salesman said that the MazdaSpeed 6 would start at under $30K US dollars.

HELLO!?!!?!!

I'm not a fucking american, so offcourse I'm talking in my own currency. :wall:

GOSH, the level of stupidity in this thread is almost equal to my level of anger :x :roll:

Renesis said:
HELLO!?!!?!!

GOSH, the level of stupidity in this thread is almost equal to my level of anger :x :roll:
then why the fuck did you flip out when i gave the price in U.S. dollars?? i'm not fucking canadian, so ofcourse I'm talking in my own currency.

Why not just make a point of putting the simple three letter abbreviation for currencies after the price. I always do, and it's not like writing "CAD", "USD", "HKD", "GBP" is difficult.

Simple fix boys, simple fix. :?

I think it might be a good idea to first change your currency to its value in gold, then head off to the mazda dealer and ask how much gold this particular car would cost. And then we we'll continue to talk in gold.

Cause pirates are cool.

^ Much better idea. Gold it is.

Renesis said:
HELLO!?!!?!!

Ren, I'm increasing your dosage to 350 kilograms of Valium. If you get any headaches, you know who to call. (Not me, anyway.)

You flipped out at barty for the same reason, so relax. I know you're :canadian:.

bartboy9891 said:
in the US the MazdaSpeed 6 will cost around $28K and weigh right under 3500 lbs, which is a lot.

Please name any other sedan with the same specs that weighs significantly less. Or are you still talking price ?

My 93 525i BMW is 3400lbs, a featherweight really in that class.

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
Did you know that regardless of whether MazdaSpeed is established in Australia, it can never be called that. Australian regulations prohibit it from includeing the name "Speed" in it cos its related to drugs....talk about stupid fucking regulations eh..

I wonder if you could get a TVR Speed 12?

Hmm, didn't know. Learn something new everyday lol.

Do we have the MazdaSpeed6 already? Sorry, I haven't logged onto Mazda Canada or MazdaUSA in a while.

Ianspeed said:
bartboy9891 said:
in the US the MazdaSpeed 6 will cost around $28K and weigh right under 3500 lbs, which is a lot.

Please name any other sedan with the same specs that weighs significantly less. Or are you still talking price ?

My 93 525i BMW is 3400lbs, a featherweight really in that class.
well the Mazda6 isnt that huge, its a small-midsize sedan. its alot compared to the Legacy isnt it? our Jag X-type weighs in at like 3400lbs and its not a sports car or even trying to be one.
and for a car that is similarish to the Mazdaspeed6, the G35 weighs like 3200 or 3300.