• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK & CLS63 AMG's

SL65

Ambitious but rubbish!
Car(s)
1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
Here is the spyshot thread.

Now they are set to debut at Geneva! Finally these engines find a worthy home :D
http://img354.imageshack.**/img354/4291/17rb1.jpg
http://img354.imageshack.**/img354/6825/2small8wz.jpg
http://img97.imageshack.**/img97/2903/3small3jh.jpg
http://img97.imageshack.**/img97/7994/4small2hx.jpg

Mercedes-Benz at the Geneva Motor Show 2006: World premiere for a host of new products
Stuttgart, Feb 15, 2006

A host of new models from Mercedes-Benz will be making their world debut at the 76th Geneva International Motor Show. They include the exclusive high-performance models CLS 63 AMG and CLK 63 AMG (the latter in Coup? and Cabriolet versions), whose bullish eight-cylinder engines and sophisticated suspension technology make for a gripping driving experience. Also meeting the public for the first time is the newly facelifted SL-Class and its AMG versions, the SL 55 AMG and SL 65 AMG. For the new GL-Class, Geneva will mark not only a European debut but also, for the state-of-the-art GL 320 CDI and GL 420 CDI diesel models, an international premiere.

CLS 63 AMG

The new CLS 63 AMG is an exceptional automobile offering impressive performance, dynamic styling and an exclusive interior. The four-door Coup? is powered by a 6.3-litre V8 AMG engine, which was developed entirely by Mercedes-AMG. The new 378 kW/514 hp AMG power plant has the highest specific power and torque of any naturally aspirated eight-cylinder production engine in the world. The refined Coup? has a 0 - 100 km/h time of just 4.5 seconds, on its way to a governed top speed of 250 km/h.

The high-performance engine of the new CLS 63 AMG is partnered by the AMG SPEEDSHIFT 7G-TRONIC transmission, which offers the driver a choice between fully automatic and manual shifting, with changes actuated either at the selector lever or Formula 1 style, by a press of the aluminium gearshift paddles. Appropriately, the powerful engine is also mated with the new AMG sports suspension, based on the semiactive air suspension system AIRMATIC DC which incorporates the ADS II Adaptive Damping System, and with the new AMG high-performance brake system, which provides plenty of stopping power thanks to composite front brakes and vented and perforated brake discs on all wheels.

The refined coup? styling also incorporates powerful AMG styling elements, while the interior impresses with a blend of exclusive sportiness and superior materials and build quality. Standard specification includes AMG sports seats with nappa leather upholstery, the AMG ergonomic sports steering wheel with new aluminium AMG gearshift paddles and the new AMG instrument cluster with 320 km/h speedometer scale and red needles.

CLK 63 AMG Coup? and Cabriolet

In the CLK 63 AMG Coup? and Cabriolet models too, which are likewise making their world debut in Geneva, the AMG 6.3-litre V8 engine creates an awesome driving experience. The CLK 63 AMG produces more power and torque ? 354 kW/481 hp and 630 Newton metres ? than any other vehicle in this class. The new AMG SPEEDSHIFT 7G-TRONIC transmission complements it perfectly, helping to ensure dynamic power delivery.

The new AMG sports suspension, new 18-inch AMG light-alloy wheels and luxurious and dynamic standard appointments add to the exclusive and sporty theme of the CLK family. In addition, the front wheels are equipped with a new AMG high-performance composite brake system.

The dynamic AMG bodystyling, featuring a new, more distinctively contoured front apron with side air vents, underscores the CLK 63 AMG's position as a sporty flagship model combining dynamism with exclusiveness. These qualities are also on display in the interior of the two eight-cylinder models, for example in the new AMG ergonomic sports steering wheel, multicontour AMG sports seats and exclusive nappa leather upholstery.
Excluded info on GL, R63 & SL-Class from this 'Geneva' related press release.
Daimler Chrysler Media Site

The CLK might be getting on in age but DAMN it looks good now :drool: Love those rims, love that bodykit and I really like the retro looking "6.3 AMG" badging they have on the sides.

I'm unsure of the CLS AMG bodykit now :unsure: Its lost some of its class with those blingy rims. AMG had it perfect with the 55'. If I were buying a CLS63, I'd get the "old" 5-spoke rims on..

So CLK63 gets 481BHP, R63/ML63 gets 510BHP and CLS/E63 gets 514BHP.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other Mercedes-Benz related topics by me:
[Spy] 2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK & CLS63 AMG's
2007 Mercedes-Benz R63AMG
2006 Mercedes-Benz SL55 & SL65 AMG's
2006 Mercedes-Benz SL - Facelift
[Spy] 2007 Mercedes-Benz CL
[Spy] Mercedes-Benz E-Class & BMW 5-Series Facelifts
2006 Mercedes-Benz S65AMG *Detroit images inside*
2006 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class
2006 Mercedes ML63AMG (W164)
[ Poll ] 2006 Mercedes S-Class (W221) *Update*
[ Poll ] 2006 Mercedes Benz S-Class (W221) ~REVEALED~
Mercedes knew their S-Class would crash...
[ Poll ] Which Merc tuner would you let loose on an E-Class?
2006 Brabus S-Class (W221)

Lovin' them rims!! :woot:

I'm going to miss the burbling and rumbling noise of the "55." But I'm also looking forward to how this new "63" sounds. It looks like the rest of the Mercedes line will get the new engines soon after.

Yay! Another thing to look forward to in 2006!

I made a request for some images to be converted to wallpapers and the AWESOME people at NetCarShow.com did it less than a day after I emailed them :bow:

You can enjoy them yourselves over here. I'm sure you'll find a nice wallpaper of a CLS 63 :)

Wheels are very nice I was chasing a CLS on a motorway last week, it sits so nice on the road, and wears black beutifully.

Those rims look a bit like the M6s to me...
I usually hate the CLK in any form, but the changes in Bodykit on the 63 are really nice.

CLS is georgeous as always ;-)

the wheels spoil the look of the CLS. Seriously love the look of that car, but the wheels, just ruin it for me.

96vtec said:
the wheels spoil the look of the CLS. Seriously love the look of that car, but the wheels, just ruin it for me.
Yeah same for me. They look good on the CLK but not the CLS. I'd just chuck the AMG 5-spokers on which are still available.

Here is a pic of a CLS 63 with the nice wheels equipped:
http://img47.imageshack.**/img47/6889/dsc000273gy.jpg

You can tell its a CLS 63 because of the new "6.3" badging on the side of the car btw ;)