2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS55 AMG with 600hp/700lb-ft: Because who wants a slow daily?

I was reminded on Facebook that Top Gear reviewed this exact model way back in season 6 episode 1!

(skip to 1:54)

Last edited:
Nah, Jags have had their fair share of technical issues and niggles as well.. :mrgreen:

But on more serious note, congratulations on getting one of my favorite Mercs.

gtarz on the new car!

Matt2000;n3547538 said:
I always think this CLS has a Jag-like quality, it just oozes evil with that shape and the headlights, Fantastic.

It's funny how this came out around the time where Jaguar started to make its cars bigger and blobbier, claiming that more interior space would increase sales, and then the Germans start pushing out their sleek-but-cramped "coupes" like the CLS, the 6-series Gran Coupe, and the A7 to seize the exact same territory that Jaguar had just vacated.

Labcoatguy;n3547597 said:
It's funny how this came out around the time where Jaguar started to make its cars bigger and blobbier, claiming that more interior space would increase sales, and then the Germans start pushing out their sleek-but-cramped "coupes" like the CLS, the 6-series Gran Coupe, and the A7 to seize the exact same territory that Jaguar had just vacated.

Ford ownership I suppose, I think most of their cars were getting bigger at that point.

bone;n3547555 said:
isn't that an insult?

Haha that'll be the English language again with double meanings. I just mean it's evil looking like some Jaguar models. :D

I guess I can excuse getting rid of a Mustang for this. You've had enough else to deal with so you certainly deserve a car you enjoy, so make sure you do so!

Nice ride. I always had a soft spot for the CLS. Hopefully the tuning doesn't have any influences on the reliability.

Nabster;n3547609 said:
I guess I can excuse getting rid of a Mustang for this. You've had enough else to deal with so you certainly deserve a car you enjoy, so make sure you do so!

I still have the Viper for enjoyment, the Mustang was just too impractical. Not enough doors or usable seats. Also it was always a temporary stepping stone to the Viper. Real life just got in the way of selling it (I've wanted an E55 AMG or similar for a few years now).

MacGuffin;n3547613 said:
Nice ride. I always had a soft spot for the CLS. Hopefully the tuning doesn't have any influences on the reliability.

Nothing majorly done and these engines and transmissions are bulletproof. The pulley, besides giving it more boost, also remove the clutch which would normally disable the supercharger at low speeds. The tuning just makes the car account for the extra power and lets me do fun things like revving it in park/neutral.

Nothing too crazy. :)

Oh, and here's some clean-ish pictures of the car (better than original post but not perfect):

cWWy7mWh.jpg

Ak1jvjVh.jpg

You should update your signature ;)

I still own the Mustang, for now. :p Also I seem to have signatures off. Stupid vB.

Viper007Bond;n3547542 said:
I was reminded on Facebook that Top Gear reviewed this exact model way back in season 6 episode 1!

“Someone”

:whistle: :D

Dude, nice. Congrats! Yours is particularly amazing with all that extra power! Drove a regular CLS55 and it was stunning, cannot even imagine how much better it would be with that much extra juice. There's just something about that first gen CLS that gives me the feels.

You planning on changing out the wheels? They don't seem to befit a Mercedes... :lol:

Viper007Bond;n3547542 said:

The slightly higher pitch of his voice is strange and kinda funny.

JCE;n3547819 said:
You planning on changing out the wheels? They don't seem to befit a Mercedes... :lol:

Probably not. Sure, they wouldn't be my first choice of wheels either but they're real Brabus wheels and if they weren't so damn dirty, you cou're nold see that the insides are painted to match the body color. I think that's pretty cool.

Viper007Bond;n3548248 said:
and if they weren't so damn dirty

Then clean them! ;)