Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SL65

Ambitious but rubbish!
Car(s)
1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
Okay i'll try keep this intro short. The new S has been caught naked on the streets ahead of it's September debut at the Frankfurt motor show :lol: . I think it looks much more cutting edge than the last one. Its a bit more sleek like the E-class and it yet manages to retain its elegance.

It will be a equiped with a new Lane-Departure System which can detect ventures into incorrect lanes and warns the driver of it.

That wonderfull Distronic Cruise Control has been upgraded so that if the cars radar (beneath the bonnet) detects a car suddenly pull in front of it at high speed, Pre-Safe will automatically engage- Windows will be shut, seatbelt pre-tensioners activate and the seats move into a predetermined position. This same process happens in the event of ESP having to intervene while driving.

Optional Night Vision System projects an enhanced image of the road ahead onto the dash :thumbsup: .

The jungle of curtains you have come to expect from cars of this nature has a new addition- Knee-bags. The other airbags have been improved (whatever that means).

Other features include:
Double glass panoramic sunroof- Off the E-Class :thumbsup:
7G-Tronic seven-speed automatic gearbox, with the lever mounted on the steering column- Appearing in all new Mercs
Benz's Hydraulic Electric Braking System or SBC has been upgraded and will now feature Wet Braking where the brakes will momentarily be applied to clear a film of water.
The range of engines available include-3.5-litre V6 as well as 4.6-litre and 5.5-litre V8. The new 6.5-litre engines used in the SL65 will be available (only on AMG) and two diesel models are expected.

w221137ln.jpg

Wish I could be the fella drving it!
w221143iq.jpg

I like it. Definetly looks better then the current S-Class, which, you'd all have to agree - looks a bit flacid. The S-class has always been great when it comes to luxury, comfort and performance, but the current generation looks a bit boring. This on the other hand, actualy looks interesting.

My only gripe would be the rear.. it looks a bit too tall.. bit too much ground clearance compared to the rest of the car.

Front: Yes
Back: Notsomuch

It looks like it has the BMW trunk hump. :(

Front: Yes
Back: Notsomuch

I like the back (don't really know why :| )
I think the front looks a little to stretched out like that new Peugeot 407 i think..or is it the 607??

zeroSignal said:
The front looks a lot like the new A-Class. Which I guess is not a bad thing. The rear looks very very Maybach-ish.
That's what I recognize that rear end from. :thumbsup:

I voted for :thumbsup:

Night vision system... awesome!

Buba :woot:

I love it. Too bad I'll never afford it. Very aggressive styling :D. Good job Mercedes.

it looks japanese :unsure:

nothing against japanese cars, but mercedes shouldn't look like it

I like the back, it has a little CLS line and some Maybach in it. The don't like the first picture, agree with bone, looks like a japanese car.

I'm 99.999% sure this is just photoshop. The photo just looks so unrealistic.
If this is how it's gonna look... I don't like it. The last one looks lot better still.

PS. And japanese cars are cool :p

I wish my father would get rid of his LS430 and gets this car. We were looking at an A8 yesterday, which is very practical for the Canadian winter.

i think it's going to be a great car and well ahead of all its competitors luxury and technology wise

it resembles a maybach beause that was their goal

now what i cant wait for is the next CL :)

Bitko said:
I wish my father would get rid of his LS430 and gets this car. We were looking at an A8 yesterday, which is very practical for the Canadian winter.
Well, I don't care what Mercedes does with this new S-Class...it won't be able to hold a candle to the A8. 8)

This picture doesn't look at all real to me. I'm gonna have to say it's a FAKE.

Wouldn't make such a bad car were it to go into production looking like this, but definately looks like a hoax to me.

Overheat said:
This picture doesn't look at all real to me. I'm gonna have to say it's a FAKE.

Wouldn't make such a bad car were it to go into production looking like this, but definately looks like a hoax to me.

How does it look hoax?? :shock: Its the real deal!!
I think this Merc looks a damn good better with that glass roof. I wonder if the seat will vibrate if you go on the wrong lane like in that Citroen that was on Top Gear. Technically it could enable the 'Massage' feature on the seats :lol: