2006 Z06

Vipergts662

Car(s)
2016 Holden Commodore (chevy ss), 2020 Explorer ST
I am amazed this hasnt been posted here yet, thought about putting it in the scoops thread but I thought it might over run the thread. This is not bullshit either.

The word on various sites is GM actually let these photos slip on purpose unlike the last ones where they left them up on a server for to long and someone happened to see them.

I would not be at all suprised if some of these figures changed in either direction.

Here it is:

0 -> 60 in 3.8 sec.

Top Speed 200 MPH

2,900 #'s

5.7 #'s/HP

Chassis & Suspension development by Pratt & Miller,
Aluminum Hydroformed frame produced by DANA
- 345/30x19 Rears
- 6 piston Front, 4 piston Rear Brake Calipers
- Cross Drilled (cast and camfered) Rotors (possibly Brembo)

Engine Development by KaTech
To be hand built by new HP Engine Plant

LS7 427ci/ 7.0L. 500HP/500 Ft Lbs (512 HP derated to 500HP)
- 2 OHV (3 OHV not necessary for target HP)
- Raced based CNC ported Aluminum Head with 70cc chambers
- 11.0:1 CR
- 46 mm (1.81") Titanium Intake valve
- 41 mm (1.61") Na filled Exhaust Valve
- 104.8 mm Bore (4.125") , 101.6 mm Stroke (4.0") Aluminum block
- Forged Crank
- Forged 6 bolt main Bearing Caps
- Titanium Rods
- Cast Aluminum Flat Top Pistons
- 0.591" Lift Cam (15 mm)
- Dry Sump
- 90 mm Throttle Body on Composite manifold
- Ram Air

seat.jpg

Z06%20engine.jpg

Z06%20race.jpg

Z06%20side.jpg

Z06%20rim.jpg

Yeah, saw it on autospies.com, it's real and check out this back story:

...That is exactly what Houston-based software consultant Paul K. (he asks that his full name not be used) thought to himself when, in his words, he stumbled across a short list of mechanical details and a reasonably clear photograph of the new Z06 on a website for Corvette enthusiasts (it?s the one we based our illustration on). To help address his doubts, Mr. K., a C5 Z06 owner and enthusiast, turned to his fellow Corvette crazies and web forum regulars at Z06Vette.com.

?I figured if anybody knows if this is real, these guys will,? he said. ?I simply asked, ?Hey, is this old or new info?? Because at that point, [I figured] I?m probably going to have 10 people saying old news, welcome to last week, etc.?

To the contrary, his forum post ignited debates over the photo?s validity, as other Z06 fans claimed it to be everything from dead-to-rights real to an early concept to an electronically manipulated image. Within hours the argument and photo spread across the web, surfacing at other Corvette enthusiast sites such as digitalcorvettes.com, vette-net.com, corvetteforum.com and gminsidenews.com .

The arguments did not last long. Approximately 24 hours after Mr. K.?s original post (he claims not to remember where he first discovered the pic), General Motors contacted several website administrators to demand removal of its ?property? from their cyberspace. Mr. K. had, it appeared, unearthed the real deal. ?You get this e-mail from GM saying take it down, it?s our picture, right there... it?s real. Done.?

GM, however, considered the matter far from over. On a Sunday evening five days after his original web posting, Mr. K. says he answered a knock on his door to discover two unfamiliar men standing outside his Texas home. The duo identified themselves as representatives of GM and its contracted security firm, Securitas Security Services, and according to Mr. K., demanded to know how he had come by GM?s copyrighted Z06 photo. His claim of part of the conversation: ?[One of them] said, ?GM has millions of dollars at its disposal, and we will not be afraid to use it to prove a point.?? Our call to Nick T. Chiros, one of the Securitas investigators, yielded a terse ?No comment.?

GM?s concern stemmed from the premature dispersal of an image it presented to journalists on Nov. 9, the day our Corvette fan discovered the photo online. (In researching this story we found one site even had this photo up for the world to see on Nov. 8.) Roughly 50 media representatives, including one from this magazine, attended an event where they were given official Z06 pictures and specifications only after agreeing to an embargo of its publication.

Quote, from autoweek.com

Should have a decent fuel economy!

:lol:

I like it, however, I'm not so crazy about those chrome-like wheels. I really prefer a matte-like finish of magnesium alloy.

Vette Boss said:
Ohh, it's the high-performance version of the lazy, crude, American sports car. Putting a heavy-duty truck engine in a small coupe is sporty? :? Leaf springs, still? :shock:
Are you being sarcastic? I'd think with a name like Vette Boss you'd actually like Corvettes. :p

He's not exactly what one would call a patriot

I myself may not be a big fan of the vette, id look at many other cars before buying one, but i do respect that it is affordable good fun and can actually take corners well as demonstrated in TG. :wink:

justin syder said:
He's not exactly what one would call a patriot

I myself may not be a big fan of the vette, id look at many other cars before buying one, but i do respect that it is affordable good fun and can actually take corners well as demonstrated in TG. :wink:

I agree with you that it is fast and affordable. But those are not two things that really go well together in a car.

I would like the Corvette a lot more if they would get rid of the leaf spring suspension and fix the build quality issues.

and fix the build quality issues.

i strongly agree with that. build quality in most american cars are shit.

Justin_syder said:
build quality in most american cars are shit

if you wanna talk about Build Quality... the shittiest ones have to be Protons... I drive the Top of the Range Proton as a daily driver and while I was driving one day... a fucking screw fell out of the steering column... I have squeaky sounds when I press the door handles and rattling sounds all over the dashboard... when I go over a bump... my seats give a squeaky sound and best of all... one of my rear windows don't go down anymore and my license plate lights go off once in a while and I have to tap it to get it working. Its probably more stress driving this car than doing my work :lol:

andyhui01 said:
Justin_syder said:
build quality in most american cars are shit

if you wanna talk about Build Quality... the shittiest ones have to be Protons... I drive the Top of the Range Proton as a daily driver and while I was driving one day... a fucking screw fell out of the steering column... I have squeaky sounds when I press the door handles and rattling sounds all over the dashboard... when I go over a bump... my seats give a squeaky sound and best of all... one of my rear windows don't go down anymore and my license plate lights go off once in a while and I have to tap it to get it working. Its probably more stress driving this car than doing my work :lol:

Sounds like the Corvette I've ridden in. :p

I used to knock Corvettes until I drove one, the last gen Z06. That car put put a huge smile on my face as I rode it around a small track.

But I prefer cars made in the Netherlands...err...nevermind!

Drive a 91 cavalier and then talk to me about build quality issues...lol. I just turn the music up and don't bother anymore...lol

cvrefugee said:
I used to knock Corvettes until I drove one, the last gen Z06. That car put put a huge smile on my face as I rode it around a small track.

But I prefer cars made in the Netherlands...err...nevermind!

You drove the Carver? That's the only "car" that I can think of people would like.... :wink: