2007 BMW 3-Series coupe caught with no disguise

Blayde

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'06 Honda Civic EXi, '11 Kia Sportage EX
From leftlanenews.com

Just last week, we brought you one of the clearest shots yet of the 2007 BMW 3-Series (E92) coupe, sans disguise. The test car in that photo had its headlights uncovered, but other parts of the car ? including the taillights ? were still hidden. For the first time ever, a spy photographer got up close to a completely undisguised 3-Series coupe in full production trim, and took photos from all angles. The car is shown at airport, in the process of either being loaded or unloaded. See the shots, courtesy of E90Post, after the jump?

2007-bmw-3-series-coupe-spied-again.jpg

Article with pics.

Somebody's taillights have Audi envy...first the US-market Honda Civic sedan, now this. Oh, the price we pay to un-Bangle.

I'll allow this new thread since the pics are totally undisguised ;)

This car really has been BMW's best kept secret :lol:

I do like the front of the 3-Series but the back just isn't sexy like it should be for this type of model. I'm sure it'll drive terrifically but with styling like that, it just doesn't blow its own trumpet like it should.

That photog needs a better camera. For the new BMW styles, I agree with hanasand - looks good in comparison; however, I still like the older generation styling better.

The rear is a big improvement on the sedan, but I'm still not really sold on it. I'm with hanasand & SiR_dude - certainly one of the best looking of recent BMW's, but still not up to their previous standards.

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:

in the words of Homer J., Finally! :lol: [/quote]

In the words of homer J., WooHoo!

SiR_dude said:
That photog needs a better camera.

It looks it was probably just some lucky random with a cameraphone.

As for the pics...gleh. The taillights are the same as Audi/the new Saab/Civic saloon...and not very nice for it.

I'll give it 'til I see it in the flesh...but I'm really not very impressed. Having said that, it's better looking than the 3 series saloon [not that that's hard].

Hate the staggered rear lights but overall I love it. A true coupe which so many companies can't seem to figure out. And the belt line isn't that high :thumbsup:

^:huh:

the rear lights look alot like the ones on the face-lifted 7-series, so it's not like it's a completely new direction for BMW
http://img426.imageshack.**/img426/9360/7series7aj.jpghttp://img423.imageshack.**/img423/9269/3seriesci3dp.jpg

It dosen't look amazing, but it's ok.

with a proper M front bumper this is going to be hot! 8)

ryosuke said:
with a proper M front bumper this is going to be hot! 8)
Agreed. The M3 spy-photos of this car (yes they do exist aswell :lol: ), this car looks much better!

I still think that rear end could be about 75% more sexier though...

The M3 spy-photos of this car (yes they do exist aswell

Well, they do exist, but I don't think they really show the final product... this is an undisguised, production-looking car, wheras the ones that I've seen of the M3 have been very 'prototype' looking. Unless there's some that I haven't seen...

flamingice said:
The M3 spy-photos of this car (yes they do exist aswell

Well, they do exist, but I don't think they really show the final product... this is an undisguised, production-looking car, wheras the ones that I've seen of the M3 have been very 'prototype' looking. Unless there's some that I haven't seen...
There are photos of a totally undisguised one however there is only a photo from the back. I'm pretty sure they're posted on our forums if your interested.