2007 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Drive a car without ANY rubber on the rear wheels and switch from a dry road to a wet one, and let's see how you turn out ;)

Well if I was in a Honda, i'd be going slow enough not to crash. If I was in anything else, I think I would have crashed in Pit Lane Entry.

Although, we have seen numerous tyre problems in F1 and everyone else has made it back to the pits safely.

Lewis has had three tyre failures this year, maybe Kimi does have half a chance.

Well if I was in a Honda, i'd be going slow enough not to crash. If I was in anything else, I think I would have crashed in Pit Lane Entry.

Although, we have seen numerous tyre problems in F1 and everyone else has made it back to the pits safely.

Thats the first time I've seen a the canvas come through though. Definitely a screwy strategy and a couple of bad decisions on their part. Not a great time to make a rookie mistake like that, but at least it makes for some fun this race.

JH

I'm in bullish mood that Lewis will seize the championship, but what a year it has been...

Well, I will not deny that Hamilton could have taken it easier going into the pitlane entry (I am sure he was radio'd that his tires were ridiculously shot), however, in watching F1 since I was 7, I have never seen the tyre delaminate so bad, such that only the canvas is exposed (white...) and absolutely all the rubber finished from a tire.

In that sense it was an absolutely ridiculous gamble on mclaren's part to keep him out the extra 2-3 laps, whereas had he pitted and come out, and had they made a bad call with the weather, he could have easily come back in, changed to full wets, or inters, and come back out, and probably scored a point or two (probably more judging by the gaps involved) and the championship would have most likely been all but his coming into this race.

That said, in a way, I am glad that what happened happened. If Lewis wins the championship here, this coming weekend, it will be a greater achievement than had he won it a week and some ago, seeing how he would handle the pressure, and anxiety to win, and also how he overcame the mistake and misfortune from the last race.

But it's still early days and all this is conjecture.

God I want to see Alonso's face (if and) when he loses the Championship to either Hamilton or Raikkonen.

I hate Ferrari, but I love Raikkonen, and I'd love to see a few championships under his belt regardless of whom he drives for. But McLaren always comes first for me.

Peter Windsor said:
The McLaren boys will probably trip over all the FIA officials in their garage and Fernando will cry for outside help whenever he is a tad slower than Lewis.

This policy will hurt Lewis, of course, much more than it will help Fernando.
-------

There is an upside for Lewis, though: If he beats Fernando in Brazil, Fernando in theory will have to accept it.
--------

What you need alongside Lewis is a driver who isn?t going to throw his toys out of the pram the instant he is slower than his team-mate ? but is nonetheless quick enough to win if Lewis strikes trouble.

A Heikki, for instance ? or maybe a 2006-vintage Massa. What you don?t need are Fernandos or (dare I say it) Nicos.

Wow, Peter Windsor doesnt like Nico Rosberg hey!

Alonso is playing mind games, says Piquet

By Michele Lostia and Jonathan Noble Wednesday, October 17th 2007, 18:10 GMT

Fernando Alonso is wrong to believe that McLaren have done anything to try and hinder his title challenge this year, claims three times world champion Nelson Piquet.

Alonso has hinted at recent races that he may not have had complete equality of treatment with teammate Lewis Hamilton this year.

Piquet thinks such claims are misplaced, although he believes that Alonso's outspoken remarks may be aimed more at destabilising Hamilton than pleading for more help from his team.

"I don't think the suspicions of sabotage claimed by Alonso are real," Piquet told Italian magazine Autosprint. "But race after race the situation has degenerated.

"Up to the Belgian Grand Prix it was under control, but in Japan and China a verbal fight has started between Hamilton, Alonso and Ron Dennis that has no precedent in Formula One."

He added: "I don't think there is a conspiracy against Alonso. He's bitter, but with nothing to lose he's understood that the more confusion and nervousness there is on the track and in the garage, the more this situation can play into his hands.

"His objective was to psychologically destabilise Hamilton, as I used to do with (Nigel) Mansell by saying his wife was ugly and he was dumb...

"But he doesn't seem to have managed to do that with Hamilton, while with Dennis their relationship seems irremediably compromised to me.

"At the beginning of the season Hamilton had nothing to lose, and behaved that way. But maybe even he didn't think the team would have put him in the same position as Alonso."

Piquet has doubts that Alonso departing McLaren is actually in the team's best interests, and said he was surprised Hamilton has said he wants the Spaniard out of the team.

"Are we sure Ron Dennis wants Alonso to leave?" asked Piquet. "Maybe it's better to still have him in McLaren and carry on arguing with him, rather than having him against you on another car.

"Why would they want to let him go? Just because he doesn't get on with Hamilton? It seems too simplistic to me."

When asked whether it was normal that Hamilton should say he wants Alonso to leave the team, Piquet said: "No, it's not. No driver should behave that way with his teammate, much less when it's a rookie against a world champion."

Source

Piquet hinting that Hamilton is acting like a spoilt brat I see.

Piquet is harping on about other drivers, when he struggles to control the mouth of his own son :lol:.

As far as Peter Windsor is concerned. I absolutely hate the man, almost as much as I hate James Allen. Windsor used to have his head stuck so far up MS's ass he could taste what the man ate for dinner the night before.

Now he does the same for Hamilton. It's disgusting.

He is a complete fool, and with all of his experience in F1, he still comes to the wrong conclusions when making hypotheses.

Not only that, but he's a prick and a half in press conferences. He's such a clueless man.

Wow, Peter Windsor doesnt like Nico Rosberg hey!
I used to like Peter Windsor, I still enjoy his driver analysis for F1 Racing magazine. However he is opinionated and arrogant and I won't watch Speed TV because of him. Not a fan at all.

"His objective was to psychologically destabilise Hamilton, as I used to do with (Nigel) Mansell by saying his wife was ugly and he was dumb...

That is just brilliant. Nelson's out-psyching of Nigel was pure theatre, and an act of genius. Used to go and have a nap before races as well, sent Nigel insane.

Interlagos in the rain?

If Alonso doesn't clean that up, especially if it rains during Q3, he doesn't deserve to be champion. Not only does he have the most experience in rain and on the track, he's gone toe-to-toe with The Rain King (Schumi) before.

If I showed you a blank piece of paper, you'd still say the paper is saying hamilton sucks.

And the piece of paper would be right.

HondaF1 said:
1) Who will be the 2007 Formula 1 World Champion?
2) Will we see our 3rd wet race in a row?
3) Who will take 4th Place in the constructors, Williams on 28 and RBR on 24?
4) How will Kaz Nakajima do in the Williams?
5) Who will fill the front row in Qualifying?
6) And finally, if Lewis wins the title, what will James Allen's reaction be?
1) Hopefully Raikkonen.
2) Yes.
3) RBR.
4) Poorly.
5) Massa. Ferrari will fuel him light to get in front of Hamilton and Alonso to prevent them from getting away.
6) Unbearable.

That is just brilliant. Nelson's out-psyching of Nigel was pure theatre, and an act of genius. Used to go and have a nap before races as well, sent Nigel insane.

Well Nigel's wife was Ugly!!

Interlagos in the rain?

If Alonso doesn't clean that up, especially if it rains during Q3, he doesn't deserve to be champion. Not only does he have the most experience in rain and on the track, he's gone toe-to-toe with The Rain King (Schumi) before.

What about Kimi? He's ace in the rain too. Probably better than Alonso infact.

The 2007 drivers? championship - the permutations for Brazil

It?s the question on everyone?s lips. Alonso, Raikkonen, Hamilton - who has to do what to become world champion at Interlagos this weekend. Unfortunately, the answer is far more complex than the question, but we?ve tried to make it as straightforward as possible.

Listed below are the various Brazilian Grand Prix results that could see each of the three drivers involved crowned champion?.

For Alonso to become champion:
Alonso first; Hamilton third or lower
or Alonso second; Hamilton sixth or lower
or Alonso third; Hamilton eighth or lower; Raikkonen second or lower
or Alonso fourth; Hamilton out of the points; Raikkonen third or lower

For Hamilton to become champion:
Hamilton first or second
or Hamilton third or fourth; Alonso second or lower
or Hamilton fifth; Alonso third or lower
or Hamilton sixth or seventh; Alonso third or lower; Raikkonen second or lower
or Hamilton eighth; Alonso fourth or lower; Raikkonen third or lower
or Hamilton out of the points; Alonso fifth or lower; Raikkonen third or lower

For Raikkonen to become champion:
Raikkonen first; Alonso third or lower; Hamilton sixth or lower
or Raikkonen second; Alonso fourth or lower; Hamilton eighth or lower

Source

^ Thats what I said!!

Interlagos resurface to increase speeds

Wednesday, October 17th 2007, 20:55 GMT

Brazilian Grand Prix organisers expect Lewis Hamilton, Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen to lap quicker than ever in Sunday's decisive race at Interlagos thanks to extensive work on resurfacing the track.

"Drivers will be able to accelerate more in two key segments," chief engineer Luis Ernesto Morales said in a statement on Wednesday. "Additionally, the surface is far smoother now."

Brazilian Luciano Burti, who raced in Formula One for Jaguar and Prost as well as tested for Ferrari, said he expected lap times to be significantly reduced at the anti-clockwise track famed for its bumpiness.

He said a new pitlane entrance had also improved visibility for drivers accelerating up the main straight.

Hamilton leads teammate Alonso by four points ahead of the final race, with Raikkonen a further three behind.

Source

New pit lane entrance hey... :lol: