2007 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

well i'm disappointed that Lewis didn't win, but Alonso didn't and Kimi was very deserving of the win. i don't think many people who have predicted this outcome right at the start of the season when Hamilton was running away with all the wins.

i think the idiots behind this years McLaren team need sacking and new ones being found, they just don't seem to be able to plan the pit stops properly :(

Are those the same idiots who granted Lewis with a 14-points lead with 2 races to go..

Oh my god.

WHAT A RACE!!

Kimi. Well done. Fully deserved. McLaren self destructed this season. Lewis has to blame himself for that Alonso move on lap 1.

This has been a fantastic season. And remember, 2008 is meant to be EVEN BETTER.

Thank God Honda can now retire that shitbox of a car.

Once again, brilliant result by Kimi. I can't believe he went from 3rd to 1st. Amazing. Role on testing, Role on 2008!!

absolutely unbelievable, I really wanted Alonso to win. I think Mclaren deserved to win this year and I think it sucks that the equal drivers policy has been their undoing.

Hamilton blew it. 13 points in the lead in China, and then beaten by a point and a couple of silly mistakes showing that he is only a rookie. I think McLaren got their just deserts this season. Honestly, they didnt deserve to win anything with all the crap thats gone on this year.

I know he had the gearbox/engine problem, but he wouldnt of known that was going to happen at turn 1, so why attack Fernando when he just had to sit on his gearbox??

Well done again Kimi and let 2008 be equally as good, with less politics and more cars going for the win.

i don't like this tactic racing, like "i only need to come 4th and nobody can touch me" that is like some teams in football (soccer to you yanks) where they stall during most of the game because a draw will be enough for them. BORING. it's called racing. do try to win every race. that's the whole point. wasn't it villeneuve, not that dumbo jacques, but his great father gilles, who fought for every position in every race (which eventually cost him his life)? that is what racing is about. not strategy, clever pitstopping to let the team mate pass and win, ... you get the point.

still it was an interesting race, with much of the drama provided by finish people - kovalainen? two time crasher - in one race, that deserves kudos :p

i don't like this tactic racing, like "i only need to come 4th and nobody can touch me" that is like some teams in football (soccer to you yanks) where they stall during most of the game because a draw will be enough for them. BORING. it's called racing. do try to win every race. that's the whole point. wasn't it villeneuve, not that dumbo jacques, but his great father gilles, who fought for every position in every race (which eventually cost him his life)? that is what racing is about. not strategy, clever pitstopping to let the team mate pass and win, ... you get the point.

still it was an interesting race, with much of the drama provided by finish people - kovalainen? two time crasher - in one race, that deserves kudos :p

You could say thats what cost Hamilton his race, that and the mysterious engine problem.

Greatest race ever! I cannot believe that Kimi won at the end!

At the beginning of the season I estimate a lot Lewis but as the races passes I started to hate him due to the favoritism the mclaren give to him. I didn't like the behaviour that dennis had with alonso. And of course mclaren stealed ferrari projects so they deserved the defeat.

We'll take some credit for Rosbergs amazing overtaking and driving as well, Thank you very much :p

Kimi and Ferrari clean sweep both drivers and constructurs title!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):)

McCheaters go home empty!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

FA goes back to Renault for next season. :):):)

Everything that I wanted to happened occured!:lol::lol:
Maybe I should buy some lotto numbers.:rolleyes:<_<

Hilarious...we've got Alonso haters and Hamilton haters all happy that Kimi won it! I for one would have liked to have seen Alonso win, but I think the real hilarious bit is that McLaren walked away with nothing after all the drama this season. I think it was Jackie Stewart who said that McLaren and Alonso would have won the double championship long before Brazil if Dennis had only appointed him #1 driver. Hamilton would have surely come in second, still be the rookie sensation, and there would be no pressure this season going into next. But I suppose this isn't the first time this has happened and Dennis has never changed his ways, so I guess it's not going to happen anytime soon. It'll be interesting to see who ends up in Alonso's seat next year.

^ People need to listen to Sir Jackie a lot more.

Thanks for those pics Avanti, must say I think Kimi has the coolest helmet of all the drivers. ;)

BTW, on a completely different note, why do we so so much Japanese drivers in F1? This isn't a racist thing or anything, but of all the Japanese drivers that have come and gone, none have proved anything other then being utterly useless and incompetent. Worse, they are often a danger to other drivers with their stupid and erratic driving (see Sato). And to round off my point, Nakajima, what was that guy smoking?!

Could not have put it better myself. Fantastic race, fantastic season, fantastic result. Who would have quessed that Kimi would rise above Hamilton.. 17 point lead all gone in 2 races!:lol: It's not quite H?kkinen, but its great to be a Finn right now.

Fan-bleeding-tastic!

What a thriller that was. It was an eerie feeling as Hamilton had that problem, and from that on I was just shaking and fearing for something to happen, all the way to the end with Nico challenging the BMW's on the final laps.

After a season tainted by all the politics and scandals and whatnot, this was the perfect ending. This is what 2007 will be remembered for, the dramatic showdown between three drivers and the underdog coming to take the title almost 'against all odds'. Hollywood would be hard-pressed to do better.

And of course, being a finn, I'm thrilled for Kimi. He has been so close a few times and has faced so many setbacks with technical problems, tactical errors and sometimes just incredibly bad luck, and after having faced so much crap from finnish media over the years, this time it was his day and now he has finally put his name to the history books and, having taken the title in a way he has, risen to be one of the legends.

BTW, on a completely different note, why do we so so much Japanese drivers in F1? This isn't a racist thing or anything, but of all the Japanese drivers that have come and gone, none have proved anything other then being utterly useless and incompetent. Worse, they are often a danger to other drivers with their stupid and erratic driving (see Sato). And to round off my point, Nakajima, what was that guy smoking?!

Japan is a big market for cars and home to some of the world's biggest car manufacturers, and hence there's a pressure from there to have a japanese driver.

But in truth, the comment is not fair. Sato has shown that he can be fast and is certainly faster than some of the drivers in the bottom end of the grid, even if he has had his erratic moments especially earlier in his career. And apart from the pit lane drama Nakajima's debut was impressive. 10th place in his debut despite the incident and fifth fastest lap in the race is very good. And in the past, drivers like Katayama, Nakajima(Senior) and Suzuki were not the worst drivers in the grid, by far. There have been bad drivers too, but so have most other nations as well.

^ Yamamoto doesnt belong in F1. I think Sato and Nakajima (pit lane incident aside) have the talent to be there.

UK, Japan and Italy are the dominant countries in F1, hence why there are many teams, drivers and associates involved in F1.