2007 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

oh cock!!!

bmw are under investigation.... they can be disqualified...

Oh come on!!!!!!!!!!another stupid thing on this stupid season that can change the results out of the tracks...

Japan is a big market for cars and home to some of the world's biggest car manufacturers, and hence there's a pressure from there to have a japanese driver.

But in truth, the comment is not fair. Sato has shown that he can be fast and is certainly faster than some of the drivers in the bottom end of the grid, even if he has had his erratic moments especially earlier in his career. And apart from the pit lane drama Nakajima's debut was impressive. 10th place in his debut despite the incident and fifth fastest lap in the race is very good. And in the past, drivers like Katayama, Nakajima(Senior) and Suzuki were not the worst drivers in the grid, by far. There have been bad drivers too, but so have most other nations as well.

Fair points Hazardous, but the Williams is a decent car this season so 10th is the sort of position you'd expect. And remember that Rosberg managed 4th in that race, so the car had v.good potential.

I just think that Japan has had a lot of opportunity to breed talent for F1, certainly more then most non-European country, and you'd think they'd have produced a regular podium visitor by now, but all they've had are consistent back markers.

Plus, they're not that great at building cars either, despite their huge budgets. Components such as engines and tyres yes, but chassis, teams and talent, I'm not convinced.

Way to go Kimi! I can't believe how close it was, but I really think that he deserved it.

Next season is gonna be really interesting...

oh cock!!!

bmw are under investigation.... they can be disqualified...

Oh come on!!!!!!!!!!another stupid thing on this stupid season that can change the results out of the tracks...

+ Williams. If they get disqualified then Hamilton is Worldchampion!!

I will stop watching f1 for ever if this is gonna happen.

Ferrari should not take part to the next season.

It's for the petroltemperature which totally stupid... Ferrari won all titles fair and square. Now giving the drivers title to Hamilton would make this season a total farce. :(

It's for the petroltemperature which totally stupid... Ferrari won all titles fair and square. Now giving the drivers title to Hamilton would make this season a total farce. :(

Oh the irony. :lol:

I'm absolutely with you hajj. I'm tired of this season, especially hamilton was involed in too much unclear situations...

It's funny how most of the things that make people hate Hamilton are not his doing.

Oh the irony. :lol:

Well Ferrari got 204 afterall and McLaren would have gotten 203 with the Hungary incident (218 without). So well maybe not fair and square, but even without the spy case they would have won.
A title for Hamilton would give this season a very special place in history.:(

just heard this. i always wanted Lewis to win, but not really this way, even though i was willing Kubica to take out Rosberg in the closing laps :lol:

As much as I would like Hamilton to win I hope nothing happens to the Beemers or Williams. He has many years ahead of him and a farcical title is not a good thing to have on your CV.

Well Ferrari got 204 afterall and McLaren would have gotten 203 with the Hungary incident (218 without). So well maybe not fair and square, but even without the spy case they would have won.
A title for Hamilton would give this season a very special place in history.:(

You're probably right. My comment was made simply because I know exactly how you feel. It's the exact same feeling I had when Ferrari was handed the constructors title so many weeks ago, and probably next year as well. It's not a good feeling looking at the whole season as being a "farce".

The right man won.
For 5 years, McLaren was completly unable to provide Kimi with a fast and reliable car so he switched to Ferrari and after he got used to the team... he really was the fastest driver during the last half of the season.

Allso, Kimi kept his mouth shut about political bullshit, he didn't bitch and moan when Massa got a point or two more than him. He didn't block his team mate on track during qualifying. Didn't sabotage his own team with bribes or threats.

I have allways supported Kimi. But seriously... he is a real champion, and this championship was decided on track like Kimi wanted.

The right man won.

Allso, Kimi kept his mouth shut about political bullshit, he didn't bitch and moan when Massa got a point or two more than him.

Let's say he kept his mouth shut. Haven't heard him talk that much before tonight...:lol:

As much as I wanted him to win, I don't want him to win this way. Kimi deserves the title

I've only just started watching Formula One this season...and I love it...but if they disqualify BMW and Williams and Lewis Hamilton wins I'll be properly pissed. I don't know all that much about the sport but that just doesn't seem right at all. Hamilton lost fair and square and doesn't deserve the title.

On another note, I'm surprised at how many people in this thread wanted Alonso to win. He seems like nothing more than a major league twat. From the looks of it it seems he's just pissy that Hamilton was better than him this year. Now he's telling McLaren that he's going to "take my ball and go home," as it were.

I've only just started watching Formula One this season...and I love it...but if they disqualify BMW and Williams and Lewis Hamilton wins I'll be properly pissed. I don't know all that much about the sport but that just doesn't seem right at all. Hamilton lost fair and square and doesn't deserve the title.

On another note, I'm surprised at how many people in this thread wanted Alonso to win. He seems like nothing more than a major league twat. From the looks of it it seems he's just pissy that Hamilton was better than him this year. Now he's telling McLaren that he's going to "take my ball and go home," as it were.
Couldn't agree more there. Alonso is indeed a twat but somehow people seem to look past the horrid things he does and manage to still like him. Unfathomable.

BTW, update on the investigation found Here

ITV are saying that they believe officials wont disqualify the two teams and manipulate the title outcome, and that a fine is most likely or loss of constructors points.

Couldn't agree more there. Alonso is indeed a twat but somehow people seem to look past the horrid things he does and manage to still like him. Unfathomable.

BTW, update on the investigation found Here

Spyker being annoying as usual I see:blink: