2007 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

:happy: :grin: :nod: :smile: :thumbsup: :cheers: :beer: :clap:

Good on the FIA. Kimi earned his title, and to lose it thanks to a bass-ackwards verdict by a judge would have been just plain...

penn-and-teller-bullshit.jpg

Haven't read through any posts for the last couple of days. All I can say is......

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so so so so happy. I can't remember being this happy. What a race, what a result. The best driver has won this year. Apart from Monaco he hasn't made a mistake this year. Feel bad for Massa having to come second.

What a season, bring on 2008. Can't wait for the off season chat!

@PaSSoA

Ban of driving aids will result in suspects of cheating like it did in the past and that will lead to politic trash talk and allegations and that will lead to reintroduce driving aids in the name of "if you can't make sure no one has it, make it legal" . . . :(

Yeah, but with FIA being extremely strict compared to say 10 years ago, that might be tough for teams to "cover their tracks". I mean, they were just investigating the temp. of the fuel for BMW and Williams. FIA would be over their heads if all the top teams cheated, and it wouldn't make good sense if that causes the viewership to drop, let's just hope they learnt their lesson from the past.

I don't see why they're banning traction control and such...

Then again, I'm one of those people that is all for new technology. I'm simply amazed with the technology in these cars and I think it makes teams become MORE inventive and more competitive. Furthermore, I think it increases interest in the sport.

I mean look at the advent of restrictor plates in NASCAR. Fans of the sport really hate it. It really squashes technological advancement...

I too sure do like all the technology in the car, with high budget teams really pushing the limit, but the problem with that is the other teams with less budget ultimately fall in another league altogether. If they had different categories, that'll be fine, but this isn't GT cups and with the specs of the cars closer to each other, we should expect the drivers fighting in out with real skill and hopefully it might turn to great racing for us to watch.

Headlines from the UK press today.

The Guardian said:
Thats the hat trick. Hamilton the latest English sporting loser

The Sun said:
(Oh well, theres always Darts) Nice Try. Defeat for Lew adds to Rugby heartache

The Times said:
First all season...but now second is the hardest word

Daily Express said:
Hero Lewis..So near yet so far

Daily Star said:
Lewis pipped for F1 crown

^Poor chap, but the headlines aren't as bad to what I'd imagined. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes at this moment though, didn't Lucy Pinder say she would date him IF he won? What a shame for him...

oh no....first south africa, now this

hehe, we gave you guys a good whipping : P

anyway, im glad that kimi won. im fed up with how ITV talks about hamilton 24/7 non stop.

I feel bad for the Brits:
Losing F1, Rugby, and BTCC.

Well, they still haven't proven that McLaren used any Ferrari information to their advantage, yet McLaren was royally f**ked over with disqualifications and fines unheard of in motorsport.

It's things like this that make me dislike Formula 1 so much. In the end, the FIA hands the titles to whoever they see fit.

If you dislike F1 so much, why are you spreading your biterness in this forum?

Unrelated:

Yeah KIMI! For only the 3rd time in history, the 3rd place man has jumped to P1.

FORZA FERRARI!

If you dislike F1 so much, why are you spreading your biterness in this forum?

I don't mean to be a troll about it. I really want to like F1. I've become a fan of almost every type of motorsport I've ever watched, even the ones not aired in this country that I have to search for torrents to watch. F1 is actually aired here and I could watch every race if I wanted. They say it's "The Epitome or Motorsport", but I just can't get past the politics. I start to get into it and something happens that makes me feel bitter. Can't help it.

But I am glad Kimi won, as I do honestly think he deserved the title. I always liked him as a driver, even if I don't like his red car team.

McLaren is apparently appealing on the fuel temperature issue which means that the worst possible thing for the sport is happening, the title is being taken to the hands of International Court of Appeal. Whether or not it changes the result it's extremely bad publicity for the sport, especially if the media will make a hype out of it.

But the whole issue is interesting, if silly. The stewards say that they don't know the temperature of fuel onboard the car. So I'm bound to assume that the temperature of the fuel going into the car at pit stop has been measured and the stewards have been notified by this. But the fuel that goes in the car is stored in the pit garage, propably with air conditioning, while the ambient temperature is measured by a thermometer in a completely different location, assuming from the 37 degree temperature which the fuel temperatures have been compared to. There's no way the pit garages would be that warm. Hell, you don't even need air conditioning to have 10 degree temperature difference between inside and outside temperatures.

oh god can't this thing settle? Now I have to wait to see if McLaren appeal if they are successful. I'm tired of this.

I'm trying not to laugh at the irony of all this.

You'd think that there would just be a set of concrete rules and punishments, with fines to be determined, so there wouldn't be anything to discuss if someone is found cheating.

I remember a WRC event not too long ago where they found a part on the Ford cars that was not to spec. They were stripped of all points earned that weekend. No appeals. No kicking and screaming. No animosity. They just moved on and prepared for the next rally.

hahaha~!

So Ferrari undeservedly gets the WCC and now Mclaren hope to undeservedly get the WDC.

Why not :p

No, I don't know. I'm delighted for Kimi of course because I think he deserves a great result after so many hard years at McLaren. Don't like Ferrari and its painful to see the championship (both of them) go their way, but even more painful to have both championships get ripped from McLaren. I like to think we deserved the constructors and that is a moral victory, but it counts for nothing.

Raikkonen deserved the championship, he has driven brilliantly all year despite a few setbacks around Spain and Monaco time, but thats just learning the new car and team, and when he got his act together, he was unbeatable. Again, very well done by him.

I'm not going to go into the Lewis Hamilton story, I've had enough of him and a tiny part of me is glad he didn't win. Alonso didn't deserve it either after all his antics this year. Emptiness....I dunno. Perhaps if McLaren win this appeal and do take the drivers crown for whoever driver, perhaps a swap can be arranged 8)

Great drive by Rosberg, I look forward to seeing him in silver next year ;)

^Poor chap, but the headlines aren't as bad to what I'd imagined. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes at this moment though, didn't Lucy Pinder say she would date him IF he won? What a shame for him...

Well he lost then on purpose cos what would Sutil think of him dating a women??

And yes, I AM LOVING THIS RIGHT NOW. My least favourite driver just blew his chance at the championship :woot: :lol:

Kimi, Kimi, Kiiiiiimiiiii! What a beautiful race. Massa was so team player and Ferraris were outstanding.

Well, McLaren shouldn't really have appealed the fuel issue, but hey if Ferrari are going to steal their constructors title by bitching to appeal courts then McLaren should at least get their own moneys worth out of them.

Glad Kimi won rather than Alonso. He's the driver I picked out at the season's start as the one I'd wanted to win and it's about time.

I'm trying not to laugh at the irony of all this.

You'd think that there would just be a set of concrete rules and punishments, with fines to be determined, so there wouldn't be anything to discuss if someone is found cheating.

I remember a WRC event not too long ago where they found a part on the Ford cars that was not to spec. They were stripped of all points earned that weekend. No appeals. No kicking and screaming. No animosity. They just moved on and prepared for the next rally.

I'm guessing you're referring to Rally of Portugal here, where Ford's rear side windows were half a millimeter too thin. They weren't stripped from their points, instead all drivers were given time penalties (five minutes, I think). At the same event also Marcus Gr?nholm escaped another penalty despite his car being underweight and driving without spare wheel after he lost some body parts and his spare wheel during stage.

The F1 rulebook and FIA's ways to police and enforce it haven't had anything to do with proper logic for years. Remember the bargeboard malarkey from 1999?

YES,YES,YES,YES!!!! Way to go Kimi and Ferrari!!! I just knew it was going to happen, didn't doubt it for a second :D

and what a race...I almost had a heart attack towards the end! Kubica and rosberg, who were great, did not help my situation :D
Still, very glad for Niko, he's a good driver.

anyway, so glad, sooooooo happy, to se ferrari win the championship again!

I really think Kimi deserved the title! He let his driving do the talking, unlike someone...
Man, i still can't believe it! :D