2007 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

If one of my rival teams got their hands on a document detailing everything on my latest car, I'd be pretty pi$$ed and would want them punished.

Yes, but its an issue of supposed cheating versus blatent cheating. The former got punished, the latter unpunished.

Personally, it just sounds like it should be fined, if anything, but I did like the drive by the BMWs...

As for the WDC: I kinda wanted to see Hamilton win, just out of spite of Alonso (hate the guy), but I'm glad Kimi won, though I kinda wish it wasn't for Ferrari. Kimi deserves his title.

ninja edit: before someone goes off about BMW cheating, etc. I didn't read up/don't know the issues, just getting into the minds of people. At the begining of this year I was trying to settle on who I should cheer for. After all the politics, etc...I think I'll go back to being a BMW fan. Their cars are pretty and their drivers are not bad...

Last edited:
I'm sure if it were Alonso in 2nd place he wouldn't call it a "disgrace" if he got the title on a rules violation...

What a twat.

I think he would call it a disgrace actually.

I surprised no one has mentioned that there is actually a previous ruling on too cold fuel in F1... Couldhards and M. Schumachers cars had too cold fuel in one the races in the 90's. team points were taken away, but the drivers got to keep their points. So no matter how much Dennis complains the best he'll get is BMW and Williams loosing team points (which will help Hamilton absolutely squad).

See, its a technical infringement, thats beyond the drivers control, so if anything, they will loses constructors points or get a fine only.

McLaren has appealed the race stewards' decision to not disqualify williams and BMW for running fuel that was colder than ambient temp. They weren't disqualified because the temps they were using were legal during much of the race, including the start.

I think he would call it a disgrace actually.

Agreed. Alonso did sink to new lows this year, but h*ck... McLaren sank even lower at some points. And there's a photo on Autosport that sums up why he feels sidelined in the team: it's a photo of Ron Dennis and Hamilton is at his chest like a toddler. :blowup: :sick:

(BTW... we sympathise 2 teams who have been in the doldrums this year, so let's cheer them on for a better 2008: Renault and Honda!)

Please, if someone finds that photo, POST IT.

It's the funniest photo ever :lol:

Thats not how I remember it...

vikiradTG2007, where did you see it?

I agree. If Lewis wins the title because of a court case, then it just turns this into a farcical season. F1 is about racing on track, its not Court TV!!

but it's okay that ferrari had an illegal car in the first race, but got to keep their points?

I agree. If Lewis wins the title because of a court case, then it just turns this into a farcical season. F1 is about racing on track, its not Court TV!!

That we agree on - though I do think that if it Alonso stood to gain the title from the disqualification he'd be telling a different story.

Yeah.
They should do a sort of 'sudden-death' between the top 3. Maybe like a Drag Race, that'd be interesting...:lol:

Source

Oh boo-f#ckin-hoo 'nando, cry me a river. Find another pram to chuck your toys out of.

I dunno, notice ALL Fernando's controversial quotes come from Spanish radio stations?? The man must have a regular spot straight after each GP!!! Not saying he hasn't done his fair share of whinging this year but I think his words have been twisted this year.

Alonso: Shameful if title won in court

Deposed world champion Fernando Alonso says he would be ashamed for Formula 1 if his team-mate Lewis Hamilton became world champion on the back of McLaren winning a case through the appeal court.

This is another example of Alonso seemingly split personality. He whinges and kicks up a fuss all year like a baby yet at times comes out with sincere congratulations for opponents and is a seemingly very sporting loser. I just don't get it?!?!?!?

As for the Ferrari switch. I was really hoping Kimi could win the title coming second so Massa could win for once. He is simply awesome at that track. Kimi's schumacher-esque ability to put in 110% laps when it counts is becoming more and more common though.

Fixed, link doesn't work: I think this is the article you were talking about
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/071022220432.shtml

amilton admits human error cost him title
''My finger slipped on the steering wheel''
22/10/07 22:04

Photo F1-Live.com
Zoom
One touch of a button and all went downhill for Hamilton
Lewis Hamilton has admitted that his bid for this year's Formula One Championship seemingly came to an end during the last race of the season following a moment of human error.

"My finger slipped on the steering wheel and I accidentally pressed the button used for the starting sequence," Hamilton confided several hours after the event, according to Montreal's French-language daily newspaper La Presse.

That error cut power to his McLaren for an interminable minute, dropping him down to 18th place as the Brazilian Grand Prix entered its eighth lap on the Interlagos circuit.

"The car went into neutral and I had to reinitialize the system, that is, reload the gearbox management program," he explained. The onboard camera recorded images of Hamilton pressing several buttons on his steering wheel while other drivers sped by.

Once his McLaren car was back up to speed, Hamilton would afterwards work his way back up to seventh place, two positions away from the necessary number of points that would have allowed him to be the first rookie World Champion.
Cliquez ici...

However, his title chances might not yet be over: the McLaren team has announced it will appeal the stewards' decision not to sanction the BMW Sauber and Williams teams for possibly using 'cool fuel' during the Brazilian GP, claiming that precise information was not available.

If the FIA's Court of Appeal were to overturn the decision and sanction both teams with exclusion, that would remove drivers Nico Rosberg, Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld from the rankings and allow Lewis Hamilton to jump from seventh to fourth position in the race's final standings - thereby giving him enough points to become the 2007 World Champion.

While McLaren have declared their motive is to support their drivers' best interests, Hamilton himself does not at all feel comfortable with the procedure.

"Being promoted after some people have been thrown out is not the way I want to do it," he told Reuters.

His thoughts also went to Ferrari driver and provisional title holder Kimi Raikkonen: "To have it taken away is a bit cruel and probably not good for the sport."

I like even more now, he admits he made a mistake and doesn't want the driver's title with the BMW & Williams Disqualified. He understands how cruel would it be to take away Raikkonen's title.

^^^^^^
Thanks for fixing it.

Fail2.jpg