2007 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

You ask for it mate...:p
http://img523.imageshack.**/img523/7417/453862qc0.jpg
http://img341.imageshack.**/img341/3730/hondasuckstm1.jpg

^ :lol:

Hahahahahaha!!!! Honda's 2007 car gives us endless ammunition.

I think VTEC kicked in too much, yo! Maybe they had it set up for drag racing instead of autocross? :lol:

I just love how the earth-friendly looking F1 car is spewing polluting smoke out the back of it!

:lol: @ the Honda's

glad you like it, took my 2 minutes to make

^Hilarious couple of posts, hope Honda can get up to speed and be competitive, it's been like what, 2 years, since they were? Jenson Button should be in his element with the new regulations next season, it should fit his style of driving.

Lewis is a sportsman, a racer, he wants to win by racing on track and not in the courtroom furthermore, he admitted his mistake, so in that respect, he deserves some slack.

Nevertheless, Ferrari had good team work this year and by making the points count when they could (when their cars were trouble-free), so good for them and especially Kimi; don't forget he was criticised in the beginning of the year when Massa had more finishes than him.

The Hamilton photo WAS on Autosport. On one of the first post-race articles.

I saw a better on somewhere, where it was in B&W. I'll look for it again.

I knew as soon as Hamilton fell to 6th or 7th by running wide on the opening lap, I said to myself 'well don't worry, Webber won't finish so there's one place...'

To be honest when I saw Webber qaulified 5th, I thought that will be the best he'll do this weekend. :( Maybe 2008 will be a better year for him...

I hope McLaren withdraw the court case, or if it goes ahead they lose. The WDC was decided at Brazil, Kimi is a deserving champion and it would be so cruel if he lost it, especially after all the struggles he has had in past years.

To be honest I don't understand why they are going ahead with the court case if both drivers have stated they don't want to title to be decided in a court room. It'd mean nothing to them, and it would tarnish their image a bit. McLaren it's done and dusted, don't waste time in court, just focus on 2008.

Is it just me, or is there this universal opinion that McLaren should just let it go, look at the positives of 2007 and then start 2008 fresh?

I just hope they havent got this built up anger inside of them that ends up bringing the sport into disrepute.

Is it just me, or is there this universal opinion that McLaren should just let it go, look at the positives of 2007 and then start 2008 fresh?

I just hope they havent got this built up anger inside of them that ends up bringing the sport into disrepute.

Yeah, it's been a topsy-turvy year for them, they should just blame Alonso and let go and look for a better season with less problems :)

Yeah, it's been a topsy-turvy year for them, they should just blame Alonso and let go and look for a better season with less problems :)

Actually, I dont think it's just Alonso to blame for the teams problems. Hamilton, de la Rosa, Ron, Norbert etc etc should all take the blame.

Alonso for being childish. Hamilton for disobeying team requests (Hungary), de la Rosa for the emails, Management for not controlling the team.

Absolutely - appealing the decision would be the wrong thing for the sport. Kimi deserved the title.

Montezemolo: Internal strife cost Macca

Ferrari's president Luca di Montezemolo says McLaren's drivers lost the world championship to Kimi Raikkonen because of their team's internal politics.

Having witnessed Raikkonen claim his first world title in Brazil on Sunday following a bitter, acrimonious and political season on and off the track, Montezemolo claimed that McLaren only had itself to blame.

"The difference between us and McLaren is that we're a team and in the last race our drivers helped each other. And in the toughest times we were even more united," he was quoted by AP.

"After Hamilton's start and that needless attack on Alonso, I knew we could do it,"

"It would have been paradoxical if a driver had won with a car that was judged irregular and suspended," added Montezemolo.

"In the end sport's justice prevailed."

Montezemolo paid tribute to both McLaren's drivers in the Italian press, particularly Fernando Alonso whose long-term future has been linked to Ferrari.

"Alonso is world class in every sense, an extraordinary driver," said Montezemolo.

"I have appreciated very much his sportsmanship.

"He lost by a point and I don't think it was his fault, rather it was a consequence of his team's bad internal management."

And though Montezemolo was critical of Hamilton's performance on Sunday, labelling his first lap error as "driven by youth and nervousness", he conceded that the Briton's remarkable rookie season marked him out as a formidable competitor for years to come.

"It must be acknowledged that he's had an extraordinary season: so young and in his rookie season in F1 he was in the title fight until the last race and he deserves respect," he said.

Source

Wow, He's actually made sense with what he's talked to the press about. Well done Luca!!

Dennis recieves 'real' constructors trophy from team

Awww, ain't that sweet.

Dare anyone tell them that Ferrari would have beaten them anyway even if they hadn't been kicked out the constructors championship? :lol:

Yeah, that was posted a couple of days ago on here...

So the only trophy Ron Dennis got, is that fake one, made & presented to him by McMerc mechanics. Imo he deserves it....to be the only trophy for him at the end of this year.

Edit:

McLaren has formally appealed now. I dont like this at all. Its not the way to win a championship. :no:

Hamilton's Team Launches Appeal

Lewis Hamilton's Formula One team has formally appealed against an FIA decision not to penalise four drivers at the Brazilian grand prix.
McLaren wants to get the racers disqualified, a move which would hand the world title to the British rookie in his first season.

However, the 22-year-old says he does not want to win through disqualifications, a move he fears would be "bad for the sport" and "a bit cruel".

He added: "It would feel weird after Kimi did such a fantastic job in the last two races and won on Sunday."

The four drivers were investigated for fuel irregularities following Sunday's race, but governing body the FIA said there was not enough evidence to penalise any of them.

Hamilton, who had been leading the drivers' standings before the final race of the season, finished seventh and wound up in second place overall, one point behind Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen.

Three of the four drivers that were investigated finished ahead of the Brit. If two of them were disqualified, Hamilton would move up and claim the title.

McLaren took its case to FIA's International Court of Appeal.

In a statement on its website, it said: "The team wishes to win races and championships on the track.

"However, if there has been an irregularity, which is not the fault of the team, we feel that the matter must be properly examined to ensure that the rules are applied."

The four drivers concerned are fourth-place Nico Rosberg, fifth-place Robert Kubica, sixth-place Nick Heidfeld and 10th-place Kazuki Nakajima.

Source

Last edited:
Yeah, that was posted a couple of days ago on here...

Edit:

McLaren has formally appealed now. I dont like this at all. Its not the way to win a championship. :no:

Hamilton's Team Launches Appeal

Lewis Hamilton's Formula One team has formally appealed against an FIA decision not to penalise four drivers at the Brazilian grand prix.
McLaren wants to get the racers disqualified, a move which would hand the world title to the British rookie in his first season.

However, the 22-year-old says he does not want to win through disqualifications, a move he fears would be "bad for the sport" and "a bit cruel".

He added: "It would feel weird after Kimi did such a fantastic job in the last two races and won on Sunday."

The four drivers were investigated for fuel irregularities following Sunday's race, but governing body the FIA said there was not enough evidence to penalise any of them.

Hamilton, who had been leading the drivers' standings before the final race of the season, finished seventh and wound up in second place overall, one point behind Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen.

Three of the four drivers that were investigated finished ahead of the Brit. If two of them were disqualified, Hamilton would move up and claim the title.

McLaren took its case to FIA's International Court of Appeal.

In a statement on its website, it said: "The team wishes to win races and championships on the track.

"However, if there has been an irregularity, which is not the fault of the team, we feel that the matter must be properly examined to ensure that the rules are applied."

The four drivers concerned are fourth-place Nico Rosberg, fifth-place Robert Kubica, sixth-place Nick Heidfeld and 10th-place Kazuki Nakajima.

Source

Sorry, I missed that 8)

Dennis recieves 'real' constructors trophy from team

Awww, ain't that sweet.

Dare anyone tell them that Ferrari would have beaten them anyway even if they hadn't been kicked out the constructors championship? :lol:

What would the points have been? I thought McLaren had something like 26 more real points than Ferrari going into Brazil, meaning they couldn't "lose". What were the actual constructors points, ignoring the appeal courts decision?