2007 Chinese Formula 1 Grand Prix

Look what Mark's rocked up to Shanghai looking like!!

Image2.jpg

^ 6th fastest, .8 off in practice.

He's going for it. I dont think he cares what happens to his car this weekend. He has a fresh engine and a Lewis Hamilton firmly in his sites. Who better to chase down than the fastest man in F1 at the moment hey!

No punishment for Lewis, Sebastian has had his penalty overturned.

No penalty for Lewis Hamilton

Lewis Hamilton will not receive any penalty for his handling of the second safety car period in last week's Japanese Grand Prix.

Sebastian Vettel's ten place grid penalty for colliding with Mark Webber during the same caution has also been annulled.

A statement from the stewards said that punishments would be inappropriate given the extremely wet conditions at Fuji.

Both Vettel and Mark Webber had suggested that Hamilton had been accelerating and braking unpredictably while following the safety car at Fuji, causing confusion for the drivers behind.

Vettel eventually ran into the back of Webber, taking them both out of the race and leaving Webber furious and Vettel distraught.

The officials initially held Vettel entirely responsible and announced that he would drop ten places on the Shanghai grid.

But in China Toro Rosso approached the stewards with new video evidence that it felt exonerated the young German and showed that he had been caught out by Hamilton slowing abruptly.

The FIA then confirmed yesterday morning that it was looking into the incident again, prompting 24 hours of speculation about a possible penalty for Hamilton.

The championship leader was dismayed by the latest controversy and the prospect of being penalised when on the brink of clinching the title.

"It looks like this weekend I'm probably going to given a penalty and I think it's just a shame for the sport," Hamilton said earlier today.

"If this is the way it's going to keep going then it's probably not somewhere that I want to be."

But after Webber, Hamilton and Vettel were all called to see the stewards at Shanghai this afternoon, it was announced that no punishments would be applied.

1st Lesmo

Common sense actually prevailing for once!!!

Common sense actually prevailing for once!!!

I actually think the FIA got scared into it.

Lewis kicked up a fuss (suprise suprise) about how he is going to be penalised everytime now and that politics will decide the championship blah blah blah, then Mark had to explain that he didnt make a complaint directly about Lewis, Sebastian had to say it was his fault, although Lewis slowed down suddenly and then all of a sudden the FIA scrap Vettel's penalty and give Hamilton the green light.

And to think. This season could have been magnificent, but we have had Spy Scandals, McLaren in fighting, Customer Car rows.

I personally cant wait til 2008.

yeh 2008 will be fabulous I think. 2007 very much a transition year, lots more continuity in 08

Kubica, Button, DC, Webber etc without Traction Control. Mega!!

Pretty sure we're all in agreement there - 2008 is shaping up very nicely (of course I've thought that before and been let down).

^ But we have all been looking forward to 2008 for a couple of years now. And with Kimi having a year under his belt at Ferrari, Kovi coming along nicely, the BMW's looking good. Williams on the rise etc, its all looking pretty good at this stage.

Weather Forecast.

There's a typhoon sitting over Vietnam and there is a 70% chance of rain for Sunday.

Woohoo!!

The big question

Will Webber manage to avoid eating a bad curry this time?

Well done Lewis, bar a DNF he has this championship wrapped up in this race.
Button did an amazing job to get into 10th considering Barichello is 17th.

Button is set up for the wet, has a full tank of fuel and will kick their arses in the wet tomorrow. I can feel it!!

Vettel handed five-place grid penalty

Sebastian Vettel has been relegated five places on the Chinese Grand Prix starting grid, less than 24 hours after the stewards annulled a 10-place penalty carried over from Japan.

Vettel was deemed to have impeded another car during qualifying in Shanghai on Saturday.

The German rookie had originally qualified 12th alongside team-mate Vitantonio Liuzzi, in an exceptionally strong performance from the Toro Rosso team.

Brewery Bend

Behahaha Vettel 5 places down again.
But I just gotta say, the Red Bulls look fantastic for next season. The car keeps improving and even a bit more reliable, the drivers are doing a great job (yes, both of them) and I truely believe if this keeps up they can be a much stronger team next season.

2008 really is shaping up to be a great season, but for peak's sake Honda, give Jenson a proper car! With no TC he can rock F1!

i'm looking forward to this weeks race, i will force myself to wake up a bit earlier to see it again.

last week was the first time i've really bothered to wake up to watch it live (it was shown at 4am last week) and it was great!

i really want Lewis to do well, i think he deserves the championship :). i don't want Alonso to do that well to be honest, but i don't want to see him crash again... or maybe i do

anyway hope it's a good 'un :D

Button is set up for the wet, has a full tank of fuel and will kick their arses in the wet tomorrow. I can feel it!!

Pleeeeeaaaaasseee Earth Car, have a moment of semi-goodness, I beg you!