Car(s)
First Aberdeen Bus Network
^ :lol:

fbc

Retired Moderator
Car(s)
2006 MY07 Astra SRi Turbo
^^ :lmao: More Sniff gold.

As for the 'special scrutineer' watching McLaren - what a f#$king joke - just utterly ridiculous. So they're happy to have let Ferrari get away with favouring one driver for all these years, but they jump all over McLaren despite there being no suggestion of that happening.

Yeah, it's not hard to read between the lines.

Electric-Mayhem

Car(s)
Subaru WRX Wagon, Toyota Pickup Rock Crawler
I know team orders are taboo, but I wasn't aware that it was against the rules to favor one driver. I know its Mclarens personal policy to keep it equal, but it seems like almost every team except them favors one driver over the other, especially when one driver is significantly more succesful.

If they are going to watch Mclaren then it needs to be an impartial decision and have scrutineers for all the teams (most importantly Ferrari, as its VERY likely that Massa will get the support role this race).

JH

phuckingduck

is awesome!
Car(s)
'03 Volvo S60 AWD
I know team orders are taboo, but I wasn't aware that it was against the rules to favor one driver. I know its Mclarens personal policy to keep it equal, but it seems like almost every team except them favors one driver over the other, especially when one driver is significantly more succesful.

If they are going to watch Mclaren then it needs to be an impartial decision and have scrutineers for all the teams (most importantly Ferrari, as its VERY likely that Massa will get the support role this race).

JH
Massa doesn't have a support role this race.

He has a ram the fucking McLarens role this race.

It's a bit screwed that MclLaren are being watched like this. Did someone request a special scrutineer or what? I have a feeling this somehow gets back to either Ferrari or Alonso.

chitownjeff

Car(s)
'03 Honda accord
Maybe the FIA feels Alonso needs protection since spy-gate?

Hell, McLaren could choose not even to let Alonso race if they wanted to - especially if he's not going to be there next year.

It's their team, isn't it?

HondaF1

Aussie Bastard
Car(s)
Maybe the FIA feels Alonso needs protection since spy-gate?

Hell, McLaren could choose not even to let Alonso race if they wanted to - especially if he's not going to be there next year.

It's their team, isn't it?

No they can't. Cos it would bring the sport into disrepute.

hajj

No they can't. Cos it would bring the sport into disrepute.

I am pretty sure they could decide to simply not let him race. Sure everyone would be pissed, but they can simply sack a driver. Alonso has given then enough reason to do so by now.

HondaF1

Aussie Bastard
Car(s)
I am pretty sure they could decide to simply not let him race. Sure everyone would be pissed, but they can simply sack a driver. Alonso has given then enough reason to do so by now.

But it would be seen as manipulating the outcome of a championship, so the FIA would step in.

Red_Bull

Gives you wings?
Car(s)
Holden Commodore SV6 MY14

Oh, McLaren would be in shit if they sacked him before Brazil, even if they are totally within their rights. There seems to be one set of rules for McLaren and one set for everyone else...:rolleyes:

Peter3hg

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Audi A3 1.4 TFSI Honda Hornet CB600S
But it would be seen as manipulating the outcome of a championship, so the FIA would step in.

The UCL didn't step in when Rabobank sacked Rasmussen, different sport but same circumstances.

HondaF1

Aussie Bastard
Car(s)
^ Thats a whole different story. You're comparing a suggestion that has been made on a forum with a man who took illegal drugs to benefit in his sport.

Peter3hg

Forum Addict
Car(s)
^ Thats a whole different story. You're comparing a suggestion that has been made on a forum with a man who took illegal drugs to benefit in his sport.

Where is the evidence of illegal drug taking? He was removed from the team due to allegedly not being where he told the team he was. He was sacked for breaking internal team rules so why shouldn't Alonso be sacked for the same reason?

Salanax

Car(s)
1996 Toyota Supra
Does anyone else wonder that if they decided to sack Hamilton before Brazil (for whatever reason) there would be a different reaction from FIA? Somehow I think so.

HondaF1

Aussie Bastard
Car(s)
Where is the evidence of illegal drug taking? He was removed from the team due to allegedly not being where he told the team he was. He was sacked for breaking internal team rules so why shouldn't Alonso be sacked for the same reason?

Didnt he miss drug tests though?

Devon

Car(s)
2008 MY09 Subaru Impreza RX
I'd just like to point out this is in the wrong thread, it should be in the Brazil GP thread not China. And on the subject - it's totally bullshit, if McLaren have a special scrutineer then so should Ferrari.

Peter3hg

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Didnt he miss drug tests though?

The UCL couldn't contact him to tell him when he had blood tests as he was in Mexico so he missed 3 by default. He was given one warning for those missed test. I believe you have 2 warnings before anything happens to you. He was given this warning months before the tour so there was no reason for it to come out in the race.