2007 Chinese Formula 1 Grand Prix

1) Can Lewis claim his first Formula 1 World Championship here?
2) Will we see another wet race? (remember last years was wet too).
3) Can Renault stay ahead of BMW after their impressive outing in Fuji?
4) Will Angry Webber have an absolute blinder this weekend?
5) Who will be on the podium?
6) And most importantly, what will James' reaction be to Lewis winning the championship if it happens?

1. probably
2. Hope so. but isn't this an indication that there is something wrong when all of us here are hoping for a wet race?
3. Hope not!
4. Nah. He'll take Vettel out just for the hell of it.
5. Kimi, Massa, Lewis
6. Who the fuck is James?

2. Hope so. but isn't this an indication that there is something wrong when all of us here are hoping for a wet race?

Nope. Just that we all agree that water and F1 makes for a great spectacle.

I think F1 should be a great spectacle in the dry aswell! :p Look at yesterdays world superbike race. James Toseland is in fourth place and basicly only needs to finish the race to win the championship. Instead he crashed in a slow corner while defending his position, and ends up nr 11.

I think F1 should be a great spectacle in the dry aswell! :p Look at yesterdays world superbike race. James Toseland is in fourth place and basicly only needs to finish the race to win the championship. Instead he crashed in a slow corner while defending his position, and ends up nr 11.

Yeah, F1 races in the dry can be a great spectacle. But Water and F1 just makes it that much more enjoyable.

They should cover the circuits in ice...now that would be good racing....doing an 11 minute lap around Fuji...

jamesallenhamilton.png

You know I'm seriously considering the SpeedTV version of this race, and I'd rather feed my ears to a horse than listen to David Hobbs. Thats how much I'm dreading James's reaction.

David Hobbs and James Allen should both be sacked, god it was so nice in Monza when Hobbs wasn't commentating (family issues) and Townsend Bell was. Bell had such a calm voice, it reminded me of James Hunt's commentating days, and just like him he kept informing us how genera;;y the drivers felt in certain conditions of the race (Bell was an F3000 driver and IRL driver, by the way he is from San Francsico :)).

Last edited:
You know I'm seriously considering the SpeedTV version of this race, and I'd rather feed my ears to a horse than listen to David Hobbs. Thats how much I'm dreading James's reaction.

That, and the fact our beloved Channel Ten is showing the race at 1am. Bloody Rugby World Cup.

In the short term, I'd love to see Mark Blundell get slotted into the race commentator spot, and move Ted Kravitz up to co-present with Steve Rider. That way you get the experience race guys calling the race and some decent well informed civilians doing the back up work.

In the long term, I see David Coulthard joining the team once his driving career peeters out. He is well spoken, knowledgeable and has a lot of good things to say about what goes on at the races. ITV often goes to him to commentate on the turning events as it is, so its only natural that he would move into that role professionally. He is quite well off, so that might just lead into full retirement, but I don't see him settling down.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like James Allen is going anywhere soon, so we'll have to get used to it. I can say that as bad as he is, I still prefer ITV coverage over the Speed coverage I could get more easily (don't have cable or satellite TV, but my parents do and so do friends).

JH

Detective Inspector Mark 'I wot dun dunnit' Blundell?!

Coulthard would be good, and even Jenson Button showed some talent back in Monaco 2005.

Coultard also does a little work for ITV as well, he does a blog for them. So he may just have a future with them after F1.

Another thing about David Hobbs that shits me, is whenever we see Mark Webber on the track, he always does a bad Australian accent and says something like "G'Day mate, she'll be right"

No not Mark Blunder. I couldn't stand 90 mins of that cockney geezer o'right??

Martin is simply brilliant, Bill Woods was good. Would love a 3 man Crompton-Brundle-Woods team.

It'll be this x infinity:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wif3Kr0y5js[/YOUTUBE]

That brings a tear to my eye.

David Hobbs should be sacked first. I dont like the way he pronounces things.

Only if Alonso DNF's as well and Kimi wins. Then it will be a big match up for the final race. I just don't want Alonso to 3-peat. Since Kimi is almost out of it then I would be happy for Hamilton to win it.