2007 Chinese Formula 1 Grand Prix

alonso needs 5 more points than hamilton, Kimi wins if he gets 1st, Hamilton 6th of below and alonso 3rd or below.

Thanks. So if Hamilton comes in 3rd and Alonso 1st, it's a tie. And if Hamilton is 4th, Alonso wins?

I think that's right.

OH my god what a crazy race! What a twist in the championship. I just hope Alonso doesn't get this, come on KIMI!

Great drive by Vettel, from 17th to 4th!

I don't understand why Hamilton continued using those shot tires or why McLaren let him do it. He just made his life so much harder.

Onto Brazil
We all know Massa is very strong here, so will Ferrari impose team orders to not let Massa race Kimi?

Onto Brazil
We all know Massa is very strong here, so will Ferrari impose team orders to not let Massa race Kimi?

Sure. But they need to be smart, if they wreck Massa's race...it will backfire, because they need him ahead of Alonso and Lewis.

If Alonso wins in Brazil, and Hamilton comes third, doesn't that mean Alonso is world champion, because he'll have more wins than Hamilton?

This was was so exciting, it was just crazy a few laps before Hamilton pitted, with the lap-time comparison, I think Alonso was 7 seconds faster than Hamilton in one lap. Crazy stuff.

BUGGER!! TVU isnt working for me. I have to wait for Ten to show the race at 1AM!!

TVU worked for me...missed the middle bit of the race, because I switched over to the final laps of Bathurst.

Where can Hamilton finish in Brazil in order for Alonso or Kimi to win the championship?

I think Hamilton needs to finish on the podium to win the championship basically, depending on where Alonso and Kimi finish of course.

What a great drive by Vettel!!

Can anyone who gets ITV tell me if James Allen shot himself when Hamilton retired?

Sucks that Hamilton retired, really thought he could get the championship. Haven't watch all the race yet (the re-run is on as I write this) but looks like Vettel and Jenson had a really good race!

If Alonso wins in Brazil, and Hamilton comes third, doesn't that mean Alonso is world champion, because he'll have more wins than Hamilton?

True! They both have 4 wins each. Kimi has 5..

Even though I'm not really a Hamilton fan, must say I was dissappointed to see him retire. How ironic that the first time he speaks to ITV on the grid he retires? :hmm:

Although the first part of the race was dull, it really did come alive later on. Absolutely thrilled to see Kimi win and keep his title hopes alive, I had ruled him out after Fuji. And of course fantastic to see the greatest racing team ever win their 200th GP. :thumbsup:

And great drive by young Vettel, he more then made up for last week, showing he may well have the brightest future of all the young drivers. Meanwhile the guy he crashed into last week was busy making signals at his team-mate and getting overtaken in the process. :lol:

Going to be really exciting next weekend.
It'd be fantastic if Kimi took it all, but somehow i doubt it :) And if it can't be him, then please let it be Hamilton!

Though it was rather embarrasing how he retired this morning.. :p

It was a great race.. one of the greatest this season..

But I have to say as much I'm super happy for KIMI I feel so bad for Hamilton, just thinking about what was going on on in his head while he is trapped in the car can't do nothing and just couple of meters from the pits.. man he must have been devastated.

But this is what I respect about him that even thought he came out and shook hands with the pits engineer and didn't hide crying.

Kimi delivered a wonderful race as usual and I hope that he will keep this performance in Brazil.

With my calculation I believe that even Hamilton and Alonso tied, Hamilton will win because he has more wins than Alonso in first places and second places. Correct me if I'm wrong please. :)

One the one hand I nearly cried when Hamilton retired, but on the other it will make for a great finale in Brazil. And I'm sure Hamilton will be determined to win...

Decided to watch this on TV after all. Interesting race, as ever, rain makes things so much more exciting!

I don't care who wins the championship in Brazil as long as it isn't Alonso. I'd even rather Raikkonen (in a Ferrari) to take the honours, is how much I dislike Alonso! The way he's treated the team this year, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they did sabotage his car. They wont of course.

Great drive by Raikkonen, and Button did an excellent job as well! I've been impressed with the way he's handled this season with that car. Great for Liuzzi, happy to see him get a good result after being treated like crap by Toro Rosso and Red Bull for the past few years. Hope he has an option with Williams.

Brazil is going to be MEGA!!! 8)

So what you are saying is that if Alonso takes out Hamilton, his parting gift for Ron is giving Kimi the championship.... :hmm:

Even though I'm not really a Hamilton fan, must say I was dissappointed to see him retire. How ironic that the first time he speaks to ITV on the grid he retires? :hmm:

Although the first part of the race was dull, it really did come alive later on. Absolutely thrilled to see Kimi win and keep his title hopes alive, I had ruled him out after Fuji. And of course fantastic to see the greatest racing team ever win their 200th GP. :thumbsup:

And great drive by young Vettel, he more then made up for last week, showing he may well have the brightest future of all the young drivers. Meanwhile the guy he crashed into last week was busy making signals at his team-mate and getting overtaken in the process. :lol:

i dont think this was the first time martin has spoke to him on the grid, i believe he has done it previously

great race though, action all the way thru the field.

i was actually impressed with Ralf this time, he was on a right mission until he span out in the last down pour. shame. still one off performances like that cannot overshadow what has been a pretty lacklustre few last seasons. he will be gone after this season is over i reckon.

webber = unlucky again getting caught out with tyre choices

button = fantastic, he really got the best out of that honda, i hope to god he makes a move to mclaren next year (if alonso bails), that coupled with banning TC should see button really come into his own i reckon.

Hamilton..... i have to say i was laughing my ass off when he went out in the pitlane. i mean thats the most unfortunate place to crash out ever. the rest of the track has huge tarmac run off areas and the only place with a gravel trap right next to the road is in the pitlane. hahahahha

still, it feels kinda orchastrated.... like bernie sits at home with a self destruct button for each driver, just so the championship can come down to the wire! lol

good win for kimi, deserved that i think.

massa was a little disappointing if im honest, he really had little answer for alonso this afternoon.

great race, i pray for more rain in sao paulo and a ferrari front row just to make the mclarens work harder and make it more nail biting

great race, i pray for more rain in sao paulo and a ferrari front row just to make the mclarens work harder and make it more nail biting
As a McLaren and Hamilton supporter, I wouldn't mind that one bit. Hamilton will really be in trouble if Alonso manages to win the race. So if it Ferrari 1-3, McLaren 2-4 then all the better for Hamilton. All he has to do is avoid a DNF.

Massa is quick around interlagos. How is ferrari going to handle him? Imagine Massa gets P1 and storms off to a 8-10 second lead in the first stint. Somehow I doubt FIA will do anything if Ferrari used team orders.

edit: why was there a gravel trap in the pit entry corner anyway? First of all, the cars are going slow anyway, second the size of the trap would have made no difference to the speed if a car indeed came in flying.

Last edited: