2007 Chinese Formula 1 Grand Prix

Hamilton must not win....

Kimi FTW!

Why was there a gravel trap in the pit entry corner anyway? First of all, the cars are going slow anyway, second the size of the trap would have made no difference to the speed if a car indeed came in flying.
You're right, putting a gravel trap there is just stupid and pointless. I think they put it so the drivers don't speed and go wide and get a better exit (speed) towards the pitlane, but why not just put grass?

Anyway, on to Brazil. Either Hamilton or Raikkonen for championship, just not Alonso.

You're right, putting a gravel trap there is just stupid and pointless. I think they put it so the drivers don't speed and go wide and get a better exit (speed) towards the pitlane, but why not just put grass?

Anyway, on to Brazil. Either Hamilton or Raikkonen for championship, just not Alonso.

if it isnt for the gravel, i rekon lewis will have contacted with the tyre wall there...

if it isnt for the gravel, i rekon lewis will have contacted with the tyre wall there...
don't think so, by that time he wasn't going that fast, he just went wide. Even if the gravel trap wasn't there he could've slowed down and to the pit lane. I think for next year they should make that part tarmac or grass and push back the fence for a bigger run off area.

Crazy race, so much drama. Poor effort by Red Bull, they mucked that up big time. Awesome effort by Toro Rosso though, Vettel drove superbly and Liuzzi showed he truly belongs on the F1 grid holding off Hiedfeld. Please Williams give him a drive next year!

Poor Lewis, I actually wanted Kimi to win and Lewis to finish second and wrap up the championship. Damn its going to be epic in Brazil!!

Brazil will be mega. I think that Fernando will win it now and take the no. 1 back to Renault.

I wont comment on Lewis, because I dont feel sorry for him. GO BUTTON THOUGH, Woohoo.

Poor Kubica. He could have won.

The real reason Lewis retired

Was it the wrong decision by his team or driver error? Unpredictable weather or the fact that Lewis Hamilton was driving on tyres balder than Yul Brynner?

Any one of these factors may have led to the retirement that sent most of the United Kingdom into a deep gloom over breakfast this morning (thank God for Jonny Wilkinson) ? but one other, far more dangerous, element may have been the cause.

Commentating legend Murray Walker was seen in the paddock during the race chatting to a young lady who asked him how Hamilton was doing.

Walker is said to have replied, ?You know what, I think he?ll do it??at which precise moment, no more than 50 feet away, Lewis slid slowly into a gravel trap.

Pit Lane Entry

Murray's kiss of death

But this is what I respect about him that even thought he came out and shook hands with the pits engineer and didn't hide crying.

What race were you watching?

Lewis cried?

I didnt see Lewis crying either. I saw him standing next to his mechanics and shake their hands, and he rubbed his eye once or twice, but thats not crying.

Poor Kubica. He could have won.

what exactly happened to his car? He was leading the race for a sec until the car screwed up and ended up coasting on the grass doing 80kph : (

I didnt see Lewis crying either. I saw him standing next to his mechanics and shake their hands, and he rubbed his eye once or twice, but thats not crying.

little did you know, according to ron dennis and mclaren, he cried himself to sleep later that nite :lol:

Last edited:

Guys guys guys... miss of communication going on in here..

What I meant by "hide crying" is a meta fore non-the-less.. not that he was actually crying .. what I meant that after he retired he didn't just hid away grieving by what happened, in the other hand he came out and shook hands and rubbed his eyes couple of times because he was "sweeting" and thats completely normal after a race of course.

And yes HondaF1 I was watching the right race.

^ You said he didnt hide crying, so to us it means he was crying.

He cries sweat because it gets in his sensitive eyes and makes them water.

ugh who the fuck cares whether he cried or not?

Man, that was really dumb of McLaren/Hamilton to not pit as soon as he was slipping around. He was repassed by a Toyota, for crying out loud!. If that's not a sign that something needs to be done, I don't know what is.