9.24010.jpg

9.24014.jpg

And a few touched up.

9.240092.jpg

9.240022.jpg

9.240152.jpg

9.jpg

92.jpg

Very nice picture. Here's my attempt at editing one of the pics to give it an fake HDR look, I hope you don't mind.

http://img217.imageshack.**/img217/4824/924001copyhi8.jpg

Why would you do that, what was wrong with the lightning on the picture? It's not like there were terribly dark areas while others were blindingly bright? You can also see by the result that there's barely any difference to the original. :?

A simple highlight/shadow correction and some curves would have done a perfect job. I think most people misinterpret the concept of HDR with regards to what exactly it means and when it is useful.

PS: I agree with BCS, waaaaaay to much contrast, first picture I can't even see the difference between the body panel and the wheel, everything is pure black. And my monitor is mildly set up, I can imagine on most screens where the contrast is cranked up to the max it looks probably even worse.

Last edited:
Why would you do that, what was wrong with the lightning on the picture? It's not like there were terribly dark areas while others were blindingly bright? You can also see by the result that there's barely any difference to the original. :?

A simple highlight/shadow correction and some curves would have done a perfect job. I think most people misinterpret the concept of HDR with regards to what exactly it means and when it is useful.

PS: I agree with BCS, waaaaaay to much contrast, first picture I can't even see the difference between the body panel and the wheel, everything is pure black. And my monitor is mildly set up, I can imagine on most screens where the contrast is cranked up to the max it looks probably even worse.

Maybe my monitor is screwed up, because they look alright to me.

My monitor is hardware calibrated and I can tell you they look way out of whack. far, far too much contrast.

How does that take away from the picture? It looks great on mine. I don't know what hardware calibrated means, but how are you supposed to take a picture that looks good on a screen that the photographer can't even see? I'm a little confused on this.

I think he did a great job, the raw pictures are best. I don't like photoediting, it defeats the purpose of picture taking.

How does that take away from the picture? It looks great on mine. I don't know what hardware calibrated means, but how are you supposed to take a picture that looks good on a screen that the photographer can't even see? I'm a little confused on this.

I think he did a great job, the raw pictures are best. I don't like photoediting, it defeats the purpose of picture taking.

Wait, who did a good job on what? Who took them? Who edited them?

Bottom line is this - the unedited photos are OK, no problems there. The "touched up" ones look awful because they've been way overprocessed, to the point of losing most of the shadow and highlight detail.

If anything, the composition is much better than the photos of the mustang.

I'm the one who took the photos, so i posted them on my brothers account, and he was the one that just replied. I will now make a separate account for myself.

The edits look really, really, horrible, save for maybe the last couple. Easy on the contrast!

I told him the same thing the other day (he posts on another forum I'm on.) Take a look at these edits I did for him...what do you think?
psedit.jpg

psedit2.jpg

I just started using photoshop and refamiliarizing myself with it recently. Even before I haven't scratched the surface to utilizing its tools.

Edit: Looking at them now I think I went a little overboard on the color changes, but it was pretty minor changes in PS. It's hard to "true" up the coloring without seeing the scene. I would still like to hear opinions though.

Last edited:
I'm the one who took the photos, so i posted them on my brothers account, and he was the one that just replied. I will now make a separate account for myself.

Posted in your other thread...but again, it's pretty odd to find you on this forum too. Pretty sweet. You'll find a lot more info about photography here than you will on SVTP. At least that's what I've found. There are only a couple on SVTP that truely know what they're doing and are willing to help.

My screen is calibrated and it looks ok, a little bright.

How the hell do you "calibrate" your monitor? I'd be interested in doing this.

How the hell do you "calibrate" your monitor? I'd be interested in doing this.

You buy a hardware colorometer system like the Spyder2 or Huey, it measures your monitor's colour output and adjusts it to the correct print-accurate levels. Most monitors are calibrated from the factory to be rather blue to make them appear brighter.

^ I see. Thanks.