2007 European Grand Prix

HondaF1

Aussie Bastard
Car(s)
First Aberdeen Bus Network
http://img514.imageshack.**/img514/7438/image2gc3.jpg

Welcome to the 2007 European Grand Prix at the Nurburgring. FinalGear.com's favourite race track.

This will be the only race in Germany this year, before both German circuits share the German Grand Prix. Hockenheim running on even years, and the Nurburgring running on odd years.

We have lost everyone's favourite driver, Christijan Albers, but this week he has finally scored first place in our Six Questions. As you can see, Christijan is very happy about getting first place...
50526.jpg

Who will be Christijan Albers' replacement. Klien, Karthikeyan, Ammermuller or other?
Will Christijan's replacement be able to keep up with Sutil?
Will it be a Ferrari or McLaren win?
Renault said they are up there with BMW, Will BMW show them up again this race?
How many of the Red Bull cars will suffer a "gear box related issue"?
How many times will James Allen proclaim his love for Lews Hamilton?

All these questions and many more answered when the round begins on July 20th.

Last edited:
Who will be Christijan Albers' replacement. Klien, Karthikeyan, Ammermuller or other?
No idea.

No idea.

McLaren seem to be better on tighter tracks like this one where Ferrari excel on wide open circuits -- so, McLaren.

The Renaults seem to have some understeer, so I'll say no.

All of them. Including their spares in the back :p

How many licks does it take to get to the middle of a tootsie pop? :p

http://img68.imageshack.**/img68/5818/71yujiidejj3.jpg

He has a secret weapon in case Klie...i mean the replacement does!

http://img103.imageshack.**/img103/207/chris20en20amore3cs1.jpg

Ferrari, Schumacher contributed!

139387808a1842373771b887428186l.jpg

Well depends on what you mean with 'up'.

FreudeamFahren.jpg

69758.jpg

How many times will James Allen proclaim his love for Lewis Hamilton?

Enuf...

http://img127.imageshack.**/img127/6196/teeheean8.png

I think the spot is going to go to Klien, if so I have no clue how he will fare against sutil, both will probably just crash.. after getting frustrated with the speed of the Spyker, I always get the feeling they are pushing extremely hard just to minimize how bad the car looks.

As for the race winner, you never know, this season is really intense with very rapid development by both teams.
Both RBCars will break down with Gearbox issues, haha Coulthard just got red flagged for it in Practice... again....

Hopefully James Allen will have shut up by now.. he will talk about the unfortunate BGP, and how Lewis will come back from it and how hes driving excellently to put it behind him.. after that hopefully he will get the message that hes extremely annoying..

I love this season.

Michael Schumacher. Makes sense with the Ferrari link and all. You read it here first!
Of course! Schumi away!
None. Spyker will win with the Schum.
Schumi will show everybody up, including BMW and Renault.
Spyker will protest the legality of everyone's gearbox and Michael will win due to every other team having been disqualified.
Hamilton wont be racing due to his strange disappearance. Have you ever seen Schuey and Lewis in the same pic together? Its a conspiracy, dammit!

Klien considering he is testing with Spyker at Spa this week.
It won't be hard.
McLaren.
BMW > Renault.
One, Coultard.
9823 times.

Michael Schumacher. Makes sense with the Ferrari link and all. You read it here first!
Of course! Schumi away!
None. Spyker will win with the Schum.
Schumi will show everybody up, including BMW and Renault.
Spyker will protest the legality of everyone's gearbox and Michael will win due to every other team having been disqualified.
Hamilton wont be racing due to his strange disappearance. Have you ever seen Schuey and Lewis in the same pic together? Its a conspiracy, dammit!

:lol:

I can't believe I forgot about this thread when I posted the Winkelhock story in the Formula 1 thread!!

Do you think that he will get anymore drives after this race, or is it Spyker trying to gain some publicity with a German driving in Germany?

Do you think that he will get anymore drives after this race, or is it Spyker trying to gain some publicity with a German driving in Germany?

I think it's a German in Germany thing, but if he does well, then he may score himself a drive for the rest of the season. I think Spyker want to have Klien driving the car, they might be still trying to negotiate something with Honda and haven't come to agreement in time for the European GP.

Agreed, German in Germany thing. Apparently Spyker will be a second a lap faster come Istanbul.....so a decent driver might actually be able to do something other than break down/get lapped. I like Sutil, he has smashed Albers all year. I hope he continues upward.

^ I think Sutil is the only good thing to come out of Spyker this year. Im still not conviced that they will be around for many years though. They feel to me like they are just making up the numbers and always will be, perhaps the new Minardi without the charm?

Edit: Rain has been forecast for the race day. Fingers crossed!!

Last edited:
itv-f1.com have said Winkelhock is doing Germany, but no decision has been made for the rest of the season.

Seem's he doesn't want the drive this weekend though,

Winkelhock's wizard worries

Markus Winkelhock?s sudden elevation from tester to race driver at Spyker has thrown his original plans for this weekend into some confusion.

Young Markus is a big Harry Potter fan, and had planned to spend this weekend camped outside Bassett?s Bookshop in Northampton in order to get his hands on the latest book about teenage wizards at some school or other.

Although Winkelhock is delighted to be keeping the Spyker seat warm until somebody else arrives with a suitcase full of money, he is disappointed not to be joining other Potter fans for a night of fun camping on a damp British pavement.

Said a source close to the team: ?We want Markus to be as happy as possible, so we will get the book for him.

"Thankfully we have quite a few spare drivers here at the moment, so we have dispatched Adrian Valles to join the queue of Muggles on Markus? behalf.?

Source

Last edited:
Dude, you say that every time! And every time I hope you're right, but you never are :p.

So this young Markus Winkelhock, is he any relation to Manfred Winkelhock?

I love wet GP's.

Yes, he is his son. Nephew to Joachim aswell.

European Grand Prix, Free practice session one times

1. HAMILTON McLaren 1m32.515s
2. RAIKKONEN Ferrari 1m32.751s
3. ALONSO McLaren 1m32.932s
4. HEIDFELD BMW 1m32.975s
5. KUBICA BMW 1m33.205s
6. MASSA Ferrari 1m33.605s
7. SCHUMACHER Toyota 1m33.825s
8. BUTTON Honda 1m33.936s
9. COULTHARD Red Bull 1m34.062s
10. BARRICHELLO Honda 1m34.142s
11. TRULLI Toyota 1m34.152s
12. WURZ Williams 1m34.345s
13. ROSBERG Williams 1m34.563s
14. DAVIDSON Super Aguri 1m34.567s
15. WEBBER Red Bull 1m34.683s
16. SATO Super Aguri 1m34.708s
17. LIUZZI Toro Rosso 1m34.907s
18. KOVALAINEN Renault 1m34.921s
19. FISICHELLA Renault 1m35.077s
20. SPEED Toro Rosso 1m35.643s
21. SUTIL Spyker 1m36.340s
22. WINKELHOCK Spyker 1m37.116s

Yay Honda :D

:blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup: :blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup:

They did it again, I get a repeat of the GP on Monday night instead of it being on Sunday night.

I hate this shit. :thumbsdown:

:blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup: :blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup:

They did it again, I get a repeat of the GP on Monday night instead of it being on Sunday night.

I hate this shit. :thumbsdown:

Move to a proper city then :p