2007 European Grand Prix

^ He still would have retired though.

Massa is useless at anything other than leading from pole on a dry warm track. Kimi would have won if not for hydraulic failure, he was smashing out fastest lap after fastest lap.

Alonso fully deserved the win though. He is fabulous in the rain. Well done to Winkelhock haha they should have kept the race going, would have made interesting viewing chasing down a Spyker with a 34 second lead!

For the record, Massa was leading the whole race after starting from 3rd. And he would have won the race if it didn't rain. I don't recall Kimi setting fastest lap, Hamilton and Massa were trading fastest laps.

And if you remember the last race, Massa went from last to 5th....and was almost in reach of 4th. He's a good driver.

I don't see how Alonso deserved the win, not that I'm upset that he did win. He lucked out at the end because it rained.

Just my 2?....

That's a very valid point, Alonso wouldn't have won if it hadn't rained towards the end there, he even admitted it himself.

I like Massa, but I suppose that might my Ferrari loyalty speaking. I've had some doubts of him this season, especially a few races back where he made those errors chasing Hamilton (can't remember which race).

Since Schumi retired I've been supporting Kimi, but he's been up and down this season. Started well, but then had a string of bad races. His two back to back victories had restored my confidence in him, but now this latest retirement is making me wonder whether or not it's his driving style which is putting a lot of pressure and strain on the car's mechanics, as Massa has had much less retirements then him. I could be wrong but I think in his Mclaren days it was a similar story, his team-mates had less retirements then he did.

For the record, Massa was leading the whole race after starting from 3rd. And he would have won the race if it didn't rain. I don't recall Kimi setting fastest lap, Hamilton and Massa were trading fastest laps.

And if you remember the last race, Massa went from last to 5th....and was almost in reach of 4th. He's a good driver.

I don't see how Alonso deserved the win, not that I'm upset that he did win. He lucked out at the end because it rained.

Just my 2?....

Massa got the lead after Raikkonen went wide on the pit entry on the first lap. Otherwise he would have been WAAAAYYY down the field. You are right, Massa would have won the race if it didn't rain. But he can't handle anything less than a dry track so he gave the win to Alonso.

Kimi didn't set overall fastest lap, but he was cleaning up Massa to the tune of 6/10ths a lap until his hydraulics started to pack it in.

I also remember the last race, Massa drove well (notice dry track) but Silverstone is wide and he had a car that was seconds a lap faster than the opposition. Even so he hit a brick wall when he came to Kubica.

Massa had vibration from his tires, like Mark Webber.

And we need more from that safety-car on-board camera - what an awesome engine note.
I totally agree - it made me put on my "oooh, that sounds good!" face. What a fantastic growl!

Anyway, this was a great race. The torrential downpour at the start created a lot of fascinating drama. It was hilarious when five cars all came darting down the gravel trap :lol:

I was hoping that Hamilton would give us some more overtaking excitement than he did, but some really bad luck combined with poor tire choices really threw that out the window.

The Alonso-Massa battle at the end was fun to watch.

^ In real life, that Mercedes V8 actually drowns out the F1 cars which are following it.

Another example of Clarkson's imagination running away with him :p Maybe my ears are funny......but there is no way I can hear that Mercedes over the F1 cars. Maybe if they were conserving fuel behind a safety car......

Massa is useless at anything other than leading from pole on a dry warm track. Kimi would have won if not for hydraulic failure, he was smashing out fastest lap after fastest lap.

According to SpeedTV Kimi actually ran out of fuel, they showed when he went into pit lane, and he was being pushed, he was telling them to push him down to his pit crew for fuel, but they didn't...

Alonso fully deserved the win though.!

No he didn't.

According to SpeedTV Kimi actually ran out of fuel, they showed when he went into pit lane, and he was being pushed, he was telling them to push him down to his pit crew for fuel, but they didn't...
No kimi did retire with Hydraulic problems, SPEED was just suggesting maybe he was out of fuel as it just happened

Another example of Clarkson's imagination running away with him :p Maybe my ears are funny......but there is no way I can hear that Mercedes over the F1 cars. Maybe if they were conserving fuel behind a safety car......

What are you talking about? If you read my post, you'll see thats exactly what I said...

^ In real life, that Mercedes V8 actually drowns out the F1 cars which are following it.

I know, I've heard it during some of the normal panning camera shots. It's incredible!

Another example of Clarkson's imagination running away with him Maybe my ears are funny......but there is no way I can hear that Mercedes over the F1 cars. Maybe if they were conserving fuel behind a safety car......
Well, I certainly can.

No kimi did retire with Hydraulic problems, SPEED was just suggesting maybe he was out of fuel as it just happened
Yeah, and we can always trust those dimwitted, passionless numbskulls at SpeedTV to be correct...

epp_b SPEED is not bad, Bob Varsha's commentating is much better than James Allen

I would rather watch SPEED than hear Allen, though I do like Martin Brundle

No he didn't.

Why not?? He qualified second even after making a mistake. Didn't throw his car off the road, kept out of trouble the whole race and was closing down Massa at the end in the dry....and when it rained he thrashed him to the tune of 2 seconds a lap!! He hardly lucked into it.....

HondaF1, sorry I interpreted your comment as re-iterating what Clarkson said in an episode. Maybe on telly you can hear the safety car, and its a wonderful noise, but unless the F1's are running in 7th at about 10,000rpm or lower they tend to drown the Merc out.

epp_b SPEED is not bad, Bob Varsha's commentating is much better than James Allen

I would rather watch SPEED than hear Allen, though I do like Martin Brundle
Well, we can agree to disagree. I can't stand Speed TV The NASCRAP channel.

Well, we can agree to disagree. I can't stand Speed TV The NASCRAP channel.

That's one thing I agree, I wish they would just make a nascar channel so they can show real motorsport on SPEED. I mean instead of Nascrap, they can bring WRC, DTM, BTCC, WTCC, F3, even show Top Gear (unedited please).

The only reason I have SPEED is cause of F1, when F1 season is over, I just cancel my subscription till next season. But if they bring those events I mentioned, I would gladly sign up for the whole year.

Anyway, we are getting off topic.

Why not?? He qualified second even after making a mistake. Didn't throw his car off the road, kept out of trouble the whole race and was closing down Massa at the end in the dry....and when it rained he thrashed him to the tune of 2 seconds a lap!! He hardly lucked into it.....

It was just my personal opinion, not really related to the race. Alonso is an arsehole in my books.

I agree, certainly not my favourite driver. But I respect him more and more as a stunning driver. While I can't imagine I will ever barrack for him (unless he is chasing down Massa again) he certainly deserves his success.

My very late comment on this round of the championship:

Finally an F1 round worth watching. It took an absolute deluge to make it interesting! You gotta love the German efficiency showing when the track marshals got on the track before the race was neutralised after all that aquaplaning....