2007 Fiat Punto Racing Stripes & Alloys

macnerd93

Hello everyone I hope I have posted this into the right section of the forum.

So my mum and dad have just got me a 2007 Fiat Punto grande Active in the five door configuration. Its in a light metallic blue colour, now I really do love it, but I want it to look a tad more sporty, so I was wondering what sort of colour racing stripes would be most suitable for that colour of car. Personally I'm thinking dark grey, black or white, but I'm not really sure.

Also could anyone recommend some good alloys which are in black/grey, I'm really liking the Fiat Punto Abarth or the Punto Evo Alloy's so I'm tempted to get either of them, but if anyone can recommend something less expensive then please comment.

I'm also gonna replace the blue fiat badges with the red models found on the newest line of fiats and the proper grande models, the key reason for choosing this car though was for the 5 doors, as its such a pain getting all my mates in and out folding seats up & down etc.

Thank you

Last edited:
First of all, enjoy your Punto, I love mine :D

Don't go with racing stripes, they look tacky.
I'd go with either these (17")
23382_35584.jpg

or these (17", I really want these for my car)
ag_test_fiat_grande_punto_sport_2007_01_s.jpg

or you could get those I have on my car right now, which I think suit the car well in 16"
090801_134009.jpg

Last edited:
I hope they bring the Punto over to America. It's a great looking little car. :cool:

The first two pics Jens posted are perfect.

Put the smallest diameter wheels that fit over the brakes, big wheels kill performance and look like shit.

Double white racing stripes. Get a heat gun, some water, and a friend. Apply a coat of wax fist Heat them up and make sure to get all the air bubbles out, because of the wax you can always remove it later if you want.

First of all, enjoy your Punto, I love mine :D

Don't go with racing stripes, they look tacky.
or these (17", I really want these for my car)
ag_test_fiat_grande_punto_sport_2007_01_s.jpg

I agree.

Racing stripes will brand you as a boy racer. There are only a few cars that can pull of racing stripes. Sadly for you, they're all actually fast. As for the wheels, the second ones look perfect on the car. I would go with those without question. They give the car a good stance.

big wheels kill performance

One word, bullshit. As long as you don't change the diameter of the tyre, nothing will happen. If you go for the right wheel, it might reduce unsprung weight and improve performance. Just be aware of the implications of a lower sidewall height (less impact absorbance, higher grip levels because the sidewall deforms less) and wider tyre (higher risk of aquaplaning, higher sensitivity to road camber and ruts), and you'll be fine. There's tons of good tyre size calculators out there, I always use this one.

Wide wheels DO kill performance though, especially on a 1.2 :). Then again, what you lose in acceleration you can carry through the corners better...... :D

One word, bullshit. As long as you don't change the diameter of the tyre, nothing will happen. If you go for the right wheel, it might reduce unsprung weight and improve performance. Just be aware of the implications of a lower sidewall height (less impact absorbance, higher grip levels because the sidewall deforms less) and wider tyre (higher risk of aquaplaning, higher sensitivity to road camber and ruts), and you'll be fine. There's tons of good tyre size calculators out there, I always use this one.

Unsprung weight, especially on an underpowered car like this one, is far more important to performance than contact patch. Driving a car with a proper sidewall isnt like an inner tube or old bias-plies. Sidewalls these days are stiffer.

:p I can assure everyone I'm not a Boy Racer, nor do I see the point to it, I'd just rent a supercar for the day and go round a track :), you need to stick to the speed limits on the road there are just so many things which could go wrong.

I just want my Punto to look a bit different, as no one at college has one with stripes, :p i want mine to stand out :p I ended up buying a black bonnet and roof stripe, cant wait to fit.

Also to note I am not changing the tyres I am just getting some 15'' Alloys and replacing the steel wheels for better balance, as the hub caps get nicked quite often from around college. No need to replace the tyres since the wheels are like new, the car has only done 18,000 miles in four years.

Last edited:
Stealing plastic hubcaps? You europeans sure are weird. Find a nice set of adjustable coilovers and slam that bitch. Like all the other golfs. (it is a golf, right?)

Stealing plastic hubcaps? You europeans sure are weird. Find a nice set of adjustable coilovers and slam that bitch. Like all the other golfs. (it is a golf, right?)

Such a shitty piece of trolling. You sure don't have a life...or a brain.

macnerd, congrats for the Fiat, enjoy it like I do, redline FTW :) Rev the nuts off it, it'll appreciate it. With the same engine I can say this with certainty. For the rims, get some 16'' Fiat replicas or the original if you're well funded :D
If you want to make it look nice, paint the front patch of color coded bumper inbetween the grills to black...it'll be smoking then. Also, replace the rear light clusters with Punto Evo clusters. That is just...awesome. An example from an acquaintance:

https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sc/schumacherm/2011/04/05/mjf-DSC037.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sc/schumacherm/2011/04/05/obb-DSC037.jpg

Last edited:
I was joking schu, call off the dogs 0.o

Edit: wait not about the golf thing. Everything seems to be based on the frigging golf, honest question.

Last edited:
Last edited:
:p I can assure everyone I'm not a Boy Racer, nor do I see the point to it, I'd just rent a supercar for the day and go round a track :), you need to stick to the speed limits on the road there are just so many things which could go wrong.

I just want my Punto to look a bit different, as no one at college has one with stripes, :p i want mine to stand out :p I ended up buying a black bonnet and roof stripe, cant wait to fit.

Also to note I am not changing the tyres I am just getting some 15'' Alloys and replacing the steel wheels for better balance, as the hub caps get nicked quite often from around college. No need to replace the tyres since the wheels are like new, the car has only done 18,000 miles in four years.

Years on those 2 cars? Looks like an old fiat and a brand new golf

The Punto is 2002. Dunno bout the Golf, brittish plates confuse me. The Mk5 however went from 2003-09 without significant differences.

And you answered your own dumb question of everything based on the Golf.