2007 Formula 1 Season

I'd love for that to happen too!!

^^ Maybe that is the correct answer? Fees too high and the Fins are already well known to be Flying Finns, they don't need too prove anything, right? and yeah, F1 car really can't go in a straight line in the snow.

but is Finland always in snow? Don't they have good weather for summer?

^ Finnish drivers class the Hungarian GP as their "home" race due to the number of Finns who travel to that event. Why spend mega-bucks for a Grand Prix when Hungary can spend mega-bucks on their behalf :)

Donington ponders British GP bid

Friday, 25, May, 2007, 11:09

Donington Park could make a bid for the British Grand Prix when Silverstone's contract runs out in 2010, according to a report in Motorsport News.

According to the paper, the new owners of the Leicestershire track have already approached Bernie Ecclestone to find out what would be required for a GP bid.

MN reports that F1 officials encouraged Donington to make Ecclestone an offer, and that the project ? which would involve an extension of the existing 2.5-mile track ? could be carried out in collaboration with East Midlands Airport, which is adjacent to the circuit.

Donington leaseholder Simon Gillett refused to confirm or deny the possibility.

"As for F1, we?re not ruling anything out or in," he told MN.

"We will talk to anyone ? anything is possible for three years? time.?

Silverstone's long-term future as an F1 venue has been in question for many years, with Ecclestone often outspoken in his criticism of the circuit.

Donington is currently the home of the British Motorcycle Grand Prix and opened a completely rebuilt pit and paddock complex last season.

It hosted the European Grand Prix as a one-off in 1993 ? the wet race producing one of Ayrton Senna's most famous victories.

Source

It wont go to Texas. California or Las Vegas is the likely destination if Indy lost it's race.

Oh please let it be California, Infineon raceway or Laguna Seca

but if they do that, I think many people would want a race in the east, New York?

DHL, as of Monaco, will now give out a special trophy to the driver at each race who sets the fastest lap. Can't find any articles at this stage though.

Well maybe they don't want to host one as the fees are quite high. Ive never heard of them being interested anyway.

Its just our inferiority complex playing tricks again. "We are so small country that we couldnt get enough paying customer to wacth it". And cause of that nobody has ever invested in a big-enough circuit. That and politics. Its always about politics.

Mark Webber on the Singapore GP

Mark Webber on the Singapore GP

http://img338.imageshack.**/img338/5720/singaporeyy3.jpg

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B51kWS1a8E8[/YOUTUBE]

Are there any places to overtake, otherwise its just a copy of monaco

No, i don't think it is a copy of Monaco. There is no way anyone can buy the history that Monaco have with Gran Pre racing. Anyway, i think the circuit will somewhere be similar to street race held in Melbourne or one of those US GP held during the 70s/80s, i mean the circuit condition, not the party feeling. Anyway, i think they will put fence and rails to make it safe and i don't think there is anyway they can overtake anyway because of the aero of the car, that is my opinion anyway, so sorry. :)

Although the former Williams driver is looking forward to the Montreal race, the German media reports that Schumacher could be sacked by the Japanese team after the Indianapolis event.

"It is not inconceivable that another driver will sit in Ralf's cockpit in France," the reports claim.

Source: PF1

Even though I know Ralf isn't what hes made out to be, and that he overinflates himself; I can't help but feel bad for him. Overshadowed by his brother for his entire racing career (schumi kinda made it for him though) and always compared. I like his attitude, you know its not just Toyota forcing him to say all the stuff he says. He actually believes that he can do it, that the team will get better, that there is hope. Hes always optimistic, too much at times, but at least he doesnt give up trying to be a good driver. He should just take a paycut and renegociate. Oh well, just a thought. Who is in the wings for France from the Toyota team? Franck? those 2 scary-looking kids Hirate and Kobayashi? (they seriously look like 20% of my school.. straightout japanese teen scene, scares me that they drive f1 cars)

Last edited:
I think Paul's comment was hilarious. Especially the bit where he says that he thinks they will put a fence up to make the circuit safe :D

^ Really? :D

^^ Yeah, they actually does look like the japanese kids from my college. Scary. :)

After this year, no more GPs at Magny-Cours. Huzzah!
Ecclestone: F1 won't return to Magny-Cours

By Jonathan Noble Thursday, May 31st 2007, 10:38 GMT

Magny-Cours looks almost certain to host its final Formula One race next month, with the sport's commercial boss Bernie Ecclestone making it clear that he does not want Grand Prix racing to return to the venue.

The French motorsport federation (FFSA) has already stated that it does not want to hold a race there in 2008, and Ecclestone has now insisted that a new venue - potentially in Paris ? will be the future host of a French GP.

"We should not have gone there in the first place," said Ecclestone after confirming that there would be no return to Magny-Cours. "And we only did so because of former FISA president Jean-Marie Balestre."

Ecclestone has spoken several times about his desire for a Grand Prix in Paris, but despite speculation suggesting Disneyland Paris could host the event, there are no firm plans yet for a venue.

"If somebody would offer me a Paris Grand Prix, I would sign a contract for the next 99 years immediately," added Ecclestone.

Source: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/59290