2007 Formula 1 Season

Cry me a river Fernando. And what is he talking about "preferential" treatment? Oh, how quickly he forgets Monaco.

I think its reasonable for McLaren to assist Hamilton more than Alonso. He's a twice world champion, surely he doesn't need McLaren to hold his hand?

Fernando, harden the fuck up! :p

It's not just the team that likely favors Hamilton, but the media as well.

So I think Alonso is probably right, whether or not he should be saying things like this to the press is another matter.

FFS... I just lost some respect for Fernando.

I too have lost respect for Alonso, and gained a lot for Lewis.

I've never had respect for Alonso, he is a complete arse.

"From the first moment, I wasn't completely comfortable. I am in an English team, with an English team-mate, who is doing brilliantly.

"We knew all the support and help would go his way."
- Alonso.

Of course McLaren would assist Hamilton more at the beginning, he is a rookie after all. Sure he probably doesn't need more help now that he has proved he can get results. It has nothing to do with the British Team, British Driver.

India set for 2009 GP date

India expects to host a round of the 2009 Formula 1 World Championship according to Indian Olympic Association president Suresh Kalmadi.

The race is likely to take place at a unspecified venue in New Delhi, but remains subject to financial backing and final approval of the circuit.

"We have received a letter in this regard from Bernie Ecclestone, CEO of Formula One. The IOA will be the promoter and the first event will be held in 2009," said Kalmadi.

"Once we move ahead, a regular contract would be signed," he added.

"We are planning to hold the race around New Delhi and we are looking to identify suitable land for a track.".

India, should it gain the necessary approval, would be the fifth new F1 venue to be announced in the last year.

Street circuits in Valencia and Singapore will join the calendar in 2008, Abu Dhabi in 2009 and South Korea the year after.

Source

20 Races in 2009 perhaps?

Not if they cut out the United States

?It is not vital to Formula 1 to be in the United States,? Ecclestone told Britain?s Daily Express newspaper. ?There are bigger markets for us to be in other parts of the world. We could be in India soon instead of the United States. We don?t have a lot of sponsors from the U.S., no American teams and only one driver,? he added.

Hondamentalism

Hondamentalism

Test your Hondamentalism...click here.

Found a link to this from itv-f1.com, it is a little game/questionnaire about Honda Racing in general, not just Formula 1.

My strongest characteristic is Passion. My percentages were (mouse over the red bars):

Passion - 80%
Focus - 60%
Joy - 65%
Competitive - 40%
Belief - 60%

Enjoy!!

bgPASSION.jpg

Passion 90%
Focus 60%
Joy 90%
Competitive 40%
Belief 80%

What that lot means is anyone's guess.

Here's mine. I was in stitches when I got the results. How spot on could they be :D

Passion 80%
Focus 70%
Joy 50%
Competitive 70%
Belief 90%

Low Joy, but High Belief :lol:

Cry me a river Fernando. And what is he talking about "preferential" treatment? Oh, how quickly he forgets Monaco.

oh come on, its not like Lewis handed Monaco to Alonso. I really think Lewis couldn't have passed Alonso even if he was given permission to go all out.

From itv-f1.com, Ask the Team feature.

Do you feel Kimi is being haunted by Schuey?s ghost? Is his otherworldly lingering presence necessary? Should he stay away in the interests of the team as a whole or does he have something genuine to offer?

Rory Buchan
London

It is well known in F1 circles that Kimi has some personal issues to sort out and although Ferrari management are publicly backing their man, some people within the team are disappointed.

As for Michael, he is there to help Jean Todt shape the new management structure and to advise them. He has helped Massa enormously with his approach to racing.

Kimi has said that he is not working with Michael, but I do not think that Michael?s presence has destabilised Kimi.

I bet Michael is kicking himself for stopping at the end of 2006, as he can now see that he would have easily handled Kimi in equal cars. The championship would look quite different if Michael had carried on.

And Schumacher vs Hamilton vs Alonso ? that would have been something to see!

Will Michael drive the car if Ferrari feel that Kimi needs some time out? That is the question.
-----------

I've heard some rumours that Kimi's marriage could be in trouble and might be affecting his performance this year. I like James Allen's comment in the answer that if Kimi is given a break later this year if he isnt in the championship hunt, then Michael might get a drive this season.

Thoughts anyone?

I've heard some rumours that Kimi's marriage could be in trouble and might be affecting his performance this year. I like James Allen's comment in the answer that if Kimi is given a break later this year if he isnt in the championship hunt, then Michael might get a drive this season.
http://img125.imageshack.**/img125/3375/doitxf9.gif

I want to see Schumi race Lewis and Fernando this year.

Having Schumacher for a race would be amazing :)