2007 Honda Element SC ... aka the new hooptie

Scott

Car(s)
'13 Hyundai Sonata, '95 Audi S-6 '06 Jetta TDI
I bought this both as a new commuter car and to allow me to take my UrS6 out of daily use status because it is not really the right kind of car to be using as a daily driver. Here are my pics (with the appropriate proof).

2011-07-05_21-41-17_586.jpg

2011-07-05_21-40-31_203.jpg

2011-07-05_21-41-54_481.jpg

2011-07-02_19-48-39_676.jpg

2011-07-02_19-48-24_734.jpg

The daytime shots were taken yesterday before I ripped off those damn window-flector things.

Good call on no plastic window turds.

I like these cars for some reason--even more so once they ditched the goofy grey?/fading black? plastic side panels. Hooray box!

Yeah, I like them too. At least the later models that took it easy with all the gray plastic body panels. Your SC looks pretty slick. I think what I like most about those Elements is how damn practical they are, but still big and roomy. It's a very purposeful vehicle.

I should hate it, but somehow I don't. Pretty funky ride. What specs? FWD? Engine?

2.4L 4 cylinder, 5 speed auto, and all of the SC models are FWD, and they also have a "normal" interior with carpet instead of rubber flooring. My only two big complaints are that the center armrest is FAR too low to be useful, and it really badly needs bluetooth integration, but other than that I am a happy camper. As for the utility of it, that is exactly why I bought it. The only other car I was considering was the Ford Taurus X, but the deal I got on this was too sweet so I took it.

Why would you do such a thing, they are awesome!

Well, I must admit that from a style standpoint this is one of the few vehicles where they actually look decent. This particular pair was a bit screwed up, and the plastic wa no longer clear so they were just a huge distraction.

Last edited:
I prefer the looks of the mk1, but love the alloys and the colour.
Those deflectors. :lol:

SC doesn't mean it's supercharged? :p Anyway, handy ride :cool:

I skipped the manual because I am frequently in Washington D.C. traffic and that is no fun. This is primarily a work vehicle so I was all about making things easy.

As for the SC, it stands for "Street Cruiser"

You should make it so the SC stands for SUPERCHARGED.

Look very cool. I wish we had the Element in Europe. Too bad they've decided to cease production. I find it to be a very interesting car.