2007 Hyundai Getz

Richmondgal

Car(s)
Still a Hyundai...but this time an i30
IMG018.jpg

We're sharing it around at the moment, but haven't a lot of driving because it hasn't got insurance yet. $11000 for it.

Okay, I haven't got my licence yet, but I have my first car. Or at least the one that I am learning to drive in. If you haven't noticed or unsure what this piece of metal is, it's a 2007 Hyundai Getz (the spelling is gonna drive me insane). My dad got this for $11000 and I am chuffed about the car. I never thought I would say Hyundai and Chuffed in the same article, but a car's a car. Nevermind that it's a crappy plasticated metal from the birth country (Korea), or that it's soon to be replaced with the i30, which is a bit way more better than this one. (I hope not)
I like the way it drives, it's very easy. The exterior and the interior does need a bit of TLC from a country that eats spicy food for breakfast and jumps on seesaws as a recreational activity for women.
I do have trouble adjusting the seats, but there's still more to explore in this car than what you can see so far. The backseats look like that they have plenty of space, but according to Dad, there's none. Same with the boot. We have an old Barina (or Corsa in the Motherland) and it's pretty much the same with the Getz, except the Getz has five doors, Electric windows, keyless entry and a 4 speed automatic gearbox.
When Dad drove this car the first time when I came along on a Tuesday night, it felt like it was the right noise, although Dad pointed out you had to let the accelerator go down a bit until you get into top gear. Other than that, the drive is average.
I have begin to drive in the car, just this week. Driving is quite overwhelming and a very daunting and complicated task. At first, I thought it was alright, but once I did my second lesson, I was freaking out. I just don't know how people can concentrate on so many things at the same time and to get out of the car alive is wonderful. Apparently I'm a lead foot. It is I must say, it's awesome to drive, but first, you need to learn how to drive.
Good car to have I must say, despite what people think of the Asian nation.

www.rgstorque.blogspot.com

Hey, that's not bad... you can drive anything as a first car and it'll have a special place in your heart.

I don't get the name though, is it supposed to infer images of getting places fast? Reminds me of Jamie Gertz, too.

The starter engine on Hyundais and Kias are fun, sounds like it produces more power than the actual engine. But apart from the fact that yours is an automatic, it's a great learners car.