2007 Japanese Formula 1 Grand Prix

HondaF1

Aussie Bastard
Car(s)
First Aberdeen Bus Network
Welcome to the 2007 Japanese Formula 1 Grand Prix, sadly not from Suzuka, but from the Fuji Speedway.

circuit-de-fuji-speedway.jpg

Yes, that is it's actual location!! Stunning hey :)

F1 now leaves Europe until 2008 and has its final back to back race with Shanghai the following week, and then Brazil 2 weeks later to finish the season off. Belgium was a bit dull, so hopefully a new circuit will liven things up a bit. Hamilton now leads Alonso by 2 points, with Raikkonen the only Ferrari likely to challenge.

Here are the questions.

1) What are your first impressions of Fuji based on what you have seen of it so far?
2) Where will Adrian Sutil finish in the revised Spyker?
3) Toyota are known for their corporate running at Japan, where will we see Ralf and Jarno on the grid?
4) Who will be the best of the rest behind BMW? RBR, Williams, Toyota, Renault or Honda?
5) Will Alonso get ahead in the championship in Fuji?
6) What will you miss about Suzuka not hosting this race until they run alternate years?

And here's one for Speed viewers.

7) What annoys you about David Hobbs the most?

Im looking forward to this race. It's meant to be very picturesque on TV. Hopefully we get some good racing. Practice begins on Friday, 28th September.

Let the discussion begin.

1) not as cool as Suzuka, i want Suzuka back.
2) In the gravel trap, as usual
3) In the middle of the big white cloud caused by their exploding engines
4) Williams, of course
5) No
6) 130R

I don't mind Fuji, it's a bit like Indy in some respect and that provided a relatively entertaining race. The long straight might provide a good passing opportunities.

As For Alonso getting ahead of Hamilton, that's only if Hamilton has some kind of a problem. In the last few races it's either been McLaren or Ferrari 1-2 in terms of pace.

1) What are your first impressions of Fuji based on what you have seen of it so far?
3) Toyota are known for their corporate running at Japan, where will we see Ralf and Jarno on the grid?
4) Who will be the best of the rest behind BMW? RBR, Williams, Toyota, Renault or Honda?
6) What will you miss about Suzuka not hosting this race until they run alternate years?

1. That picture says it all, surely there is no more picturesque race track?? The track itself seems good. Good surface obviously and some decent corners. Are they using the second hairpin?? Or just the right angle corner?

2. He will be competitive with the Super Aguris so mid teens possibly.

3. Truilli will probably reach Q3, Ralf about 10-12th I reckon.

4. Williams (Rosberg anyway), Renault, RBR, Toyota then Honda I think

5. No I think it will close to 1 point

6. Not such a fan of Suzuka the track.....so won't really miss it.

1. That picture says it all, surely there is no more picturesque race track??

SPA!!!!!!

The track itself seems good. Good surface obviously and some decent corners. Are they using the second hairpin?? Or just the right angle corner?

circuit_fuji_speedway_japan_2007.jpg

1) I always enjoy racing on it...in Gran Turismo.
2) 12th.
3) Trulli 10th, Ralf - DNF.
4) I expect Rosberg, Webber and Kovi to battle it out again, their teammates will struggle.
5) Nope, Hamilton will win.
6) Next question...
7) How he interrupts the other commentators and just talks over the top of them. Plus his voice is annoying.

I'm glad they have the second hairpin, creates another overtaking opportunity.

Dunno...Spa is nice, as is the Nurburgring.....but man that picture is just awesome.

1) From that picture - stunning is the word
2) Ahead of Jenson Button
3) Top 6 for Trulli, Top 10 for Ralf. Expect them to pit on lap three and four respectively though.
4) Toyota, until they pit. Then Williams and Renault.
5) Maybe, maybe not.
6) Suzuka was a great challenge for the drivers, and looked good on TV.

7) His fucking annoying voice, and lack of adequate knowledge. I could never watch Speed with him there, which is why James Allen is very tolerable in comparison.

What a view!

Toyota? Forget that, we'll be seeing video of Sato at the back the whole race :rolleyes:

I think Hamilton had a good point that he is "a fast learner" and that this is new for everyone. I think he will place ahead of Alonso.

It's just a better track for watching.

^ What about Yamamoto??

1- Interesting circuit, but I really liked Suzuka, it had a certian uniqueness to it that made for a great GP
2- I hope 15th or better. It was really cool to see him upsetting much higher budget teams.
3- Crap spots, but Jarno will beat Ralf
4-Williams or Renault. RBR will blow up, and Honda is a backmaker, Super Aguri has a better chance then them.
5-A tie would be more likely.
6- 130R
7- His constant interruptions, his voice, his existence...you get the idea. Bring back Townsend Bell.

1. Looks sensational - I've got the track loaded into GP4 (with the 2007 mod) Track looks good... Sensational backdrop too!

2. Probably wont

3. Who cares? But Ralf probably wont finish

4. Probably Williams or Renault - most likely Renault

5. Will depend on if it's a Mclaren track or a Ferrari Track...

6. Definitely 130R

Sadly I'm going to be in Sydney next weekend working so hopefully by Sunday Afternoon I'll be free to watch the race (assuming it's going to be live on TV - but considering it's channel 10 it will probably be on at midnight so yeah... :mad:)

Looking forward to this race though - Should be some pretty insane speeds with that long front straight!

44800_2.jpg

Fuji fever!

Next weekend Formula 1 returns to Fuji, Japan, for the first time in 30 years, so here are a selection of Fuji-tastic facts for you.

* The circuit is near a volcano, Mount Fuji. The volcano is classified as active, with a low-risk of eruption, which you have to say is a bit of a shame as watching F1 cars dodge molten lava and falling rocks would be quite something.

* Godzilla vs Hedora (1971) saw the big lizard played by Haruo Nakajima. The Williams F1 team currently have a test driver called?Nakajima!

* The first foreigner to climb Mount Fuji was Sir Rutherford Alcock. Johnny Rutherford was a McLaren driver in Indycars and McLaren were the last F1 team to win at Fuji. Incredible.

* The last time F1 was here was 1977, the same year that saw the birth of Punk Rock and the formation of the Sex Pistols, currently celebrating their 30th anniversary. None of the Sex Pistols are Japanese.

* Sticking with the musical theme, acclaimed hip-hop act, The Fugees, named their combo after the holy mountain after Wyclef Jean saw it an episode of Pokemon.

* Finally, the race winner will receive a trophy which will be a scale model of an erupting volcano. Will look great on Ron?s desk?

La Source

Is it a McLaren of Ferrari track you think?

I think its a Ferrari track. From what I remember of GT4, its a pretty wide track, and that straight is really long.

But there are some very twisty parts...I think it's quite like indianapolis and canada...and these two are McLaren tracks...

You're all wrong, it's a Toyota track....