2007 Japanese Formula 1 Grand Prix

Best race of 2007...and this has basically given Hamilton the world championship :D
What a fight between Massa and Kubica though...

What an awesome race. Good job Hamilton, was jumping up and down when Alonso crashed.

Shame about the Webber and Vettel incident, they both were doing a fantastic job. Teletubby, not sure if he was crying, but he had his headon his arm.

The Finns racing each other was awesome, wish Raikonnen finished ahead, but oh well.

And that Massa vs. Kubica battle was epic.

Awesome Grand Prix!

Fucking Vettel!! :mad: Ruined Webber's potential GP win, not to mention his potential podium. I am fucking pissed off!! :blowup:

Happy to see Hamilton get the win, also good job by Kovi finishing second.

I was happy to see Alonso crash, still not sure what happened though.

Overall a very up and down race...poor Webber. :cry:

VETTEL YOU FUCKING IDIOT!!!

Good on Webber for speaking out, he will cop a hefty fine for that though.

If Massa needed tyres or fuel I am Mickey Mouse.

What did Webber say roughly? I watched Speed, got podium and post race interviews.

I'm lost for words... anyone else notice Vettel crying?

Yep, and so he damn well should be. I really thought Webber had a great chance at a win there and it must've been so frustrating to be taken out, under a safety car, by pretty much your own teammate. Webber said that Vettel "fucked it all up".

Awful time for an ad break by Ch10 as well. Get the hell off my screen Matthew Fox!

Great race by Hamilton though, pretty well seals the championship barring misfortune at the next couple of races. Good to see Kovalainen up there as well, and great racing by Kubica and Massa. Bit unfair how Massa was allowed to take to the run off area to gain an advantage. He couldn't have done that a few years ago...:(

Good effort by Raikkonen as well to come from last to third.

I think Lewis has it now. He just needs to back it up next season now (but in a legal car).

Give him credit - the car is legal, he's beaten his two-time and current defending world-champ team-mate, and has a great chance of taking the title - he's already proved what's he capable of.

Yeah, please HondaF1...I'm starting to stop taking you seriously, cause you just won't admit the obvious...next time round you'll be saying Schumi was just lucky...

What did Webber say roughly? I watched Speed, got podium and post race interviews.
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=40862

An irate Mark Webber branded Sebastian Vettel a ?kid? after the Toro Rosso driver punted him out of second-place in the Japanese Grand Prix while running behind the safety car.

Both Webber and Vettel had produced two of the outstanding performances of the soaked race at Fuji and were running in second and third respectively when the safety car came out following Fernando Alonso?s huge smash.

But both were out on the spot after, while warming up his tyres, Vettel lost control of his STR2 and hit the back of the sister Red Bull car.

?It?s kids isn?t it,? Webber told ITV Sport?s Louise Goodman.

?They have not got enough experience ? they do a good job and then they f*** it all up.?

Just before the safety car was deployed, Webber had been just three seconds behind race leader Lewis Hamilton and had looked set to claim his best-ever F1 result.

Yeah, please HondaF1...I'm starting to stop taking you seriously, cause you just won't admit the obvious...next time round you'll be saying Schumi was just lucky...

I give credit when credits due, but I feel he's been in the right place at the right time and next year we will see what he can do. Hats off to him though, he drove that race superbly.

Part of me wonders how different the race would have been if Ferrari started on the proper tires. I'm still kinda shocked how they made up all that ground. I'm also surprised that after Hamilton was knocked he still won. Very weird race. The last few laps were very exciting.

Firstly, I'm not sure why Ferrari are allowed to take points here, they started with an outlawed/ruled out part. The fact they could change it (whilst adding fuel to help their strategy by the way) shouldn't be relevant. I'm sure they can change an engine during a race. That doesn't mean they could start with an 8 litre twin-turbo V12 and would be asked to change it. They'd be black flagged.

Good flawless race by Hamilton. I think you're really clutching at straws HondaF1 when you, after claiming he'd mess up towards the end of the season and that Alonso would "come through" (a wall, more like), start taking pot-shots at the cars legality. He's been in the right place at the right time? Yes, at the front, setting faster laps than other people enough of the time to be in the situation he is. Not liking him is one thing (I don't), but discrediting what he does on track and his talent is hard to take seriously.

I'd like to see proper video of Alonso's crash and Vettel and Webbers coming together, we never saw what happened fully..

Ferrari are cheats. "We didnt know that we had to start on wets". It's in the regulations, Charlie Whiting emailed everyone and even the commentators knew.

Glad they got caught out.

Just read the Red Bull media release. Thought those of you who don't subscribe would enjoy this little bit:
CHRISTIAN HORNER: "In Formula One you face many emotions and today Mark was driving a fantastic race. He had food poisoning this morning, which he was battling with and he even threw up in the car during the initial pace-car period.

I don't really know what to say...

Yeah, that was gross when Christian said he vomitted in his helmet. Yuck.

Wow, that's amazing that Mark was able to do what he did with food poisoning.

Hehe, I liked what Cam McConville said in that if you see an authentic helmet as raced by Webber appear on eBay, don't buy it. :p

Damn - Webber isn't having much luck! first throwing up in your helmet and then getting hit by Vettel, My advice: Avoid black cats, ladders, smashing mirrors etc etc. Good of Vettel to say sorry tho.

Glad Lewis won I really hope he will take the championship!

Brilliant drive by Hamilton, but I can't help but feel a bit robbed of a Webber podium. I'd have loved to see him challenging Lewis too, but the unluckiest man in F1 seems to be hit again :( At least one good thing maybe came of it though, Webber might now hold the new world record for the longest distance a steering wheel has been thrown from a car :D :lol:

Did you hear the shock in Louise's voice when Webber said Fuck. She never expected such a laid back Aussie to say that :)

Glad Webbers now finally got some frustration in him and hopefully he uses it in China.

Australia is still behind you Mark!!

I really just can't believe Webber's luck, I want to cry for him. When will this guy get a break?

EDIT:
Luizzi penalized, Sutil Get Spyker's first point! YAY!
Liuzzi penalised, Sutil gets first point
30 September 2007 / Results / Photos

Tonio Liuzzi has been given a 25-second penalty added onto his final time at the Japanese Grand Prix after marshals found he had overtaken Adrian Sutil under yellow flags on lap 55 of the race.
Click here

The penalty means that Liuzzi loses his eighth place and point, and Sutil instead moves up to eighth and scores his and Spyker's first point of the season.

"For sure I think we deserved this point after all the hard work this year and we finally got it," said Sutil. "It is a great feeling, even if we didn't get it on the track. I think it was the right decision, there was no green flag after this yellow flag from turn one, so we were definitely right and that is why we got this point."

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/09/30/liuzzi-penalised-sutil-gets-first-point/

Last edited: