2007 Japanese Formula 1 Grand Prix

I think Heikki has secured his place at Renault next season!

Does anyone have the press conference, cos here we went to the "Rugby Debrief" instead of getting the podium and conference.

I'm very happy for him! I thought something was a bit wrong towards the end of the race because I remember thinking that one more retirement from the top 8 would see Sutil score a point. Heidfeld went out but it was Liuzzi who moved into 8th...

Sutil deserves that point too. He has impressed me this year. I would have liked to have seen the team put Winklehock in the car though instead of Yamamoto.

Im liking Spyker now that they have stopped their complaining and have made a decent car.

Wonder what Gerhard is going to think of STR being the only team not to score a point this year!!

^^^I also noticed that!!! Bit wierd I thought.

I have read the press conference Honda.....transcripts on various websites. Footage maybe on youtube?

Well done Spyker! You got a point!

Found this funny image on F1.com, thought I might have some fun with it.

I know it's mean, just wanted to do it for fun. Still think Vettel is a good driver, just needs experience.

Also here is that epic battle of Massa and Kubica
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHrHwxhZO1Y[/YOUTUBE]

^ This is the battle of the century lool I have no idea what was going on with this Massa and the Kamikaze attitude It was Awesome and I was jumping up and down :lol: got to love Massa..

Congrats to Hamilton he really deserve it and I was so happy for him..

My highlight of the year is Alonso's Crash.. it was so sweet..

I feel so bad for Webber after the wonderful race..

Kimi.. what I can say he was awesome.. such a fighter as usual :D..

Wow, seeing that Massa/Kubica battle....intense. I'm glad the track had all that extra bit of road on the sides.

I am loving the Fuji track, but at one point I was thinking the whole race would take behind the SC.

BLOODY HELL! That made Canada look like a tea party! Best damn season in decades!

Webber has the *worst* luck in the world! If he were blessed with two penises he'd be cursed with four cases of syphilis!

That was a possible win thrown out the window, courtesy of Vettel. When I heard the announcers say "Oh no!" I thought, "It's got to be Mark..." and sure enough...

James Allen said:
The term ?hero to zero? was never more vividly demonstrated than by Sebastian Vettel?s weekend. He was outstanding yesterday in qualifying, getting eighth on the grid in the rain, Toro Rosso?s first time in the top 10 this season.

In the race he was flying high, becoming the youngest driver ever to lead a race and looking set to be the youngest to get a podium.

Then, calamity! He hit Webber, taking both out of the race. No wonder he had a really good cry in the back of the garage. I bet Webber will make him cry some more if he catches up with him!

Vettel says that Hamilton slowed right up and he was looking at him rather than Webber. I spoke with Mark and he confirmed that Lewis suddenly slowed. He was faster than Hamilton at that point anyway and was thinking about having a run at him into turn one on the next lap.

Victory could have been beckoning for Webber, Next thing he knows, he gets whacked up the behind by Vettel. Game over.

Eau Rouge

well great race, though to be honest im at the point where i cant decide which mclaren driver i hate the most

im sorry but even though hamilton won, he was being such a **** at the start. i mean WTF he was practically brake testing alonso et al when he took over the pace from the safety car...

as usuall james allen was having the biggest hand job of his life over this calling it "great gamesmanship" and actually just talked straight over martin who was trying to say that what hamilton was doing on the restart was pretty stupid.

yeah brundle's got his head on right.... probably the only one on the entire ITV crew. James allen probably has a prosthetic black hamilton cock in his sock drawer at home

bit of a shame to see alonso drop it though, i dont like him either, but thats almost handed hamilton the championship now.

Ferrari....what on earth where they thinking, they miss ross brawn a little too much, whoever was calling the shots did a fucking crummy job. the wrong tyres by far and then deciding not to full the guys to the finish. dumb.

still Kimi showed that he has the biggest sack out there....some of what he was doing was down right insane. i bet coulthard couldnt believe his eyes when kimi blasted past him round the outside of that corner!

massa and kubica at the end was just as insane as well.

Webber, oh webber.... what on gods green muthafunkin earth does that man have to do to get a brake?

i thought there is no way webber would just drop it under the SC.... and i was right, vettel bashed him off the track! gah!

james allen pissed me off this race....even in the one hour highlight show i watched. he spouts so much utter fucking BS its unreal and the worst part is he basically talks over martin who usually has something sensible to be saying

Sutil deserves that point too. He has impressed me this year. I would have liked to have seen the team put Winklehock in the car though instead of Yamamoto.

I agree, Yamamoto shouldn't be allowed to drive a car...anywhere, he is utter shit.

On Hamilton slowly down during the safety car, possibly causing the Webber/Vettel crash. Peter Windsor asked about it in the post race interview, he did admit he slowed down, but said it was because of the rain his visor was dirty/fogged up, so he couldn't see properly. He reckons, he radioed the team and asked them to pass on a message to RBR to tell Webber to hold back a bit further because he couldn't see behind him.

Don't have the full details, I wasn't really paying attention, but that's basically the gist of it.

Also...

STR to appeal Liuzzi penalty

Scuderia Toro Rosso has notified the stewards that it intends to appeal the penalty imposed on Vitantonio Liuzzi after the Japanese Grand Prix.

Liuzzi was hit with a 25s penalty for overtaking Adrian Sutil?s Spyker under a yellow caution flag on lap 55 of the Fuji race, demoting him from eighth to ninth and handing the final championship point to Sutil.

The stakes are considerable for both teams since it is likely to affect their position in the constructors? championship and consequent television and travel money.

As a result of Sunday?s ruling by the stewards, Spyker now lies ninth in the standings with Toro Rosso yet to get off the board in 10th.

Source

On Hamilton slowly down during the safety car, possibly causing the Webber/Vettel crash. Peter Windsor asked about it in the post race interview, he did admit he slowed down, but said it was because of the rain his visor was dirty/fogged up, so he couldn't see properly. He reckons, he radioed the team and asked them to pass on a message to RBR to tell Webber to hold back a bit further because he couldn't see behind him.

Don't have the full details, I wasn't really paying attention, but that's basically the gist of it.

Yeah, I was just reading his comments then and he said the safety car was too slow and that he was having to go slowly to avoid hitting it, and that Webber was too close. Kovalainen backed up his comments as well.

I thought their was either a rule or a gentlemans agreement that the lead car stays behind the safety car until they cross S3, then was allowed to start backing cars up with 2 corners to go. Thats what I always remembered from previous years.

I think Lewis does slow the cars down too much and plays games with them, but he has mastered it well.

Could have been great strategy by Webber?? By boxing Hamilton between himself and the safety car, he was denying Hamilton the opportunity to properly warm his tyres and brakes. Brilliant!!! or maybe just coincidence.

im sorry but even though hamilton won, he was being such a **** at the start. i mean WTF he was practically brake testing alonso et al when he took over the pace from the safety car...
Basically he was trying to force Alonso into overtaking him behind a SC car. I enjoyed that.