• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

2007 Mercedes CLE

Cruzz563

Needs a job!
Car(s)
Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust (Do want)

Nicked from autoweek.com :P said:
Following the lead of its new CLS, the E-class-derived four-door coupe, Mercedes-Benz is planning a four-door, C-class-based coupe called the CLE to shake up the next generation of its smallest range, which arrives in mid-2006.

The CLE will utilize now-trendy rear suicide doors in a slick, low-slung package. Engines will range from a supercharged 170-hp, 1.8-liter direct-injection four to a 390-hp, 5.5-liter AMG V-8. To save costs, the CLE will use the roof of the next CLK coupe.

I'm mean com'on! What's the bloody point?! :roll:

They have more models for each class than I have fingers....wow...hey, why not make a two door version? And a four door version with a bigger boot? And a...

:roll:

IMO, that's the one downfall of what is otherwise (I think) a successful car manufacturer - way too many models, people who aren't completely educated on their lineup can't get them all straight (like me).

Even BMW is close to suffering that...3,5,6,7 series, each with 3-10 variants... :thumbsdown:

Still.. they are all mercs. Would rather have this than lets say kia pumping out these kinda cars. But i do agree they are building loadsa cars.

I think it might have to do with the platforms, that its easy to just slot on stuff on excisiting items. Its not like they're bringing anything new in terms of technology.

what the fuck now! how many cars does benz make now?

Nope, they still haven't got a SLE ...

Heheh ... man ... won't it increase the running cost to keep so many models?
It's not like mercs are well made no adays.

Tacky plastic are everywhere in the E.
I'd rather they build less and better quality cars.

Kip_6666 said:
Still.. they are all mercs. Would rather have this than lets say kia pumping out these kinda cars.

No, I see what you mean but that's just wrong. If Kia chooses to ridiculize their own brand, I won't lose any sleep over it. But this is Mercedes. I've never been a huge Merc fan, but still, a couple of years ago I still thought they were doing a pretty good job. It's a huge name in the car industry, with possibly the biggest heritage of them all (wasn't the first car a Benz?). You just don't want them to go downhill like that. But if Kia did, who'd care?

One of these days, Mercedes is going to be in trouble. Unsurprisingly, Smart already is (who ever thought that the forfour was a good idea anyway?).

I don't see this car doing any harm to their name. They look nice, nice engines, hardly anything out of place from what i would expect from mercedes. Smart on the other hand was something different. Orrginial, i liked them, even the four four. But shame they aren't selling as much. But smart was some time ago.

As long as they keep up their improveing line of build quality.

I think they started changeing since they intoduced the cls.
But we'll have to wait till the proper verdict is out.

ps, that R class thing is kinda wierd, not sure what they plan with that.. Same with the B class.

Why do all the new Mercs have Nissan Fuga headlights?

Tokiofuga_1.jpg

I'm gonna really hate seing suicide doors on a merc.... :no:
RX-8 must be the only one...THE ONLY ONE.... :cry:

wow... an affordable CLS... :thumbsup: , I'll make an exception for me complaining about there being too many mercs this time :mrgreen:

mmmm...why on why I Think it's a Fake picture??? :unsure:

That looks like a Photoshop fake design - rather than a real Magazine Illustration. :thumbsdown:

Looks great but as a big Benz fan it is hard to keep up with all the models. :bangin:

A-Class
B-Class
R-Class
C-Class
E-Class
S-Class
CLS-Class
CLK-Class
SLK-Class
CL-Class
SL-Class
ML-Class
G-Class
:shock:

justin syder said:
Looks great but as a big Benz fan it is hard to keep up with all the models. :bangin:

A-Class
B-Class
R-Class
C-Class
E-Class
S-Class
CLS-Class
CLK-Class
SLK-Class
CL-Class
SL-Class
ML-Class
G-Class
:shock:

Isn't there a V-Class as well?
For that van thingo.

It's not really commercial merc (otherwise there's probably another 10 models), posh people buy it to use as big family 7 (or is it 8?) seater. Before Toyota Alpha and Nissen Elgrand came out.

Yipming said:
Before Toyota Alpha and Nissen Elgrand came out.

The toyota Alphard and Nissan Elgrand changed what people think were luxurious cars IMO... this practically replaced the mercedes S-classes in Hong Kong... so many of my moms friends who used to drive Merc. S-class and 7-series switched over to the toyota alphard as it is more comfortable and it only costs a fraction of the price