• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

2007 Mitsubishi Evo X, i, D:5 and Outlander

Overheat

Forum Addict
Mitsubishi has taken the wraps off a 'concept' that previews the 2007 Lancer Evolution X. The Concept-X makes its debut at Tokyo Motorshow in October, and judging by the pictures it's a much better looking, and far more aggressive design than the current Evo. Designers point to the massive grille opening and NACA duct on the bonnet as evidence of 'the huge quantities of air it draws in.' This is a broad hint that the Evo's new engine will be a fire-breathing turbocharged unit. Concept-X also uses a clutchless 6-speed auto-manual transmission with paddle shifters mounted on the steering wheel. Also hinting at its rally-bred heritage, the Concept-X uses aluminium for the bonnet, bootlid, wings, roof and front and rear door panels to bring the weight - and centre of gravity - right down. Also showcased on Concept-X, a feature that Mistubishi calls Super All Wheel Control, which is a further development of the company's superb four-wheel drive setup.

Also making its Tokyo debut is the all-new Outlander SUV, which goes on sale here early 2007. This more purposeful looking offroader will first appear with the same VW-sourced 2.0-litre diesel used in the Grandis, along with a 6-speed transmission. A 2.4-litre MIVEC 16-valve unit will follow. The Outlander also boasts an electronically controlled four-wheel drive system. And unlike the previous model, the new car can seat up to seven people.

Also appearing for the first time in Tokyo, the 'i' city car, which slots in below the existing Colt range. The i is powered by a 3-cylinder 600cc intercooled and turbocharged engine that develops an impressive 64bhp. The most interesting thing about the engine, though, is its location - behind the front seats and toward the rear of the car. That gives the car its remarkable snub-nosed, cab-forward appearance. Mitsubishi also claims that the design also makes the i better able to accommodate 'crumple' zones, which makes for good crashworthiness.

Another fascinating Tokyo debut comes with the D:5 showcar. It previews the next Delica MPV, a car that's never been officially imported into the UK, although a number have been privately imported. Like the existing Delica, this imposing beast offers a huge, versatile interior with a rugged, all-terrain four-wheel-drive chassis. We think it looks terrific.

evo-x-f3q-a.jpg
evo-x-f3q-st.jpg

evo-x-r3q.jpg
evo-x-f-s.jpg

i-f3q.jpg
i-r3q.jpg

d5-f3q.jpg
05-outlander-r3q.jpg

OMG OMG OMG OMG :woot: :woot:

That Evo X concept looks soo much like the concept Sportback!! I'm in love!!!!!!! I think if the Evo X looks like that, my Subaru following will die. Mitsu is really on the right track now!!! That is simply stunning.

looks fucking awesome, though unusual

WOW the EvoX is so nice!!!!!!

Oh man, I'm going to stare at these pictures for awhile. Just leave me alone for awhile.

Maybe they're releasing the evo pics at the same time so no one will notice how ugly the other two cars are.

Seems to be working with the guys above :)

The evo looks fabulous though, so mean.

Kip_6666 said:
Maybe they're releasing the evo pics at the same time so no one will notice how ugly the other two cars are.

I think that boxy suv doesn't look that bad. It's just different. Very Sci-Fi.

Holy Shit, that Evo looks absolutely stunning. Threatening, but not too much.

bihus said:
Kip_6666 said:

I think that boxy suv doesn't look that bad. It's just different. Very Sci-Fi.

MGB-1-1-forside2.jpg

:)

Looks phenomenal, though that hood and possibly those headlights are probably coming to a Corsa/Nova/Civic/1986 CRX near you one of these days.

That wierd round thing is in GT4, for some reason or another... :?

I doubt the actual X will look anything like the concept unfortunately

Well that front end has appeared on 2 concepts now, I doubt it won't be the actual Evo. The only thing I'm thinking, is that the real X will have more aero aids. But that'll be it. This is the car, just about doubtless.

It all looks sweet, I just hope they do something about the interior :)

OMG!!!

THAT IS A BEAUTIFUL EVO!!!!

Just imagine that with the WRC Colors :evil: