2007 Nissan Navara Aventura

Ryan_93

Car(s)
1999 Land Rover Defender 90 CSW 300TDI
So after essentially an engine rebuild and a new duplex timing chain kit the Navara is now ready to actually use. It's quite a nice thing to drive and the insurance is relatively cheap for me. It should also come down early next year when I turn 21 too.

It has, however, been a very problematic vehicle these past few months of ownership, but it has a charm about it I just can't help but like.

Last edited:
navara aventura

sounds like something lamborghini would come up with :lol:

Nice.

We have a bunch of Navaras and Pathfinders at work, and they're very nice to drive.

Quad pipes?

...also, I don't believe it's yours.

This being his first ever post here surely needs some proof.

Nice Navara. Is it petrol or diesel?

Its a 2.5 TDI

- - - Updated - - -

navara aventura

sounds like something lamborghini would come up with :lol:

lol Aventrua is the specification designation. Until a couple of years ago the Aventura was the best Navara in terms of spec and trim level. I think the best model now though is called the Teckna or something. The majority I see on the road though are called the Outlaw which look essentially the same as the Aventura same cab configuration and such, but without leather, SAT-NAV, bluetooth phone system etc. Just a basic spec level. I also think the engine has slightly less power.

Last edited:
Quad pipes?

...also, I don't believe it's yours.

The exhausts are not real lol, just fakes. I'm not sure I like them, making it something it is not.

And why don?t you believe? I know plenty of people my age who drive Audi A6's and Jags and stuff :)

- - - Updated - - -

Let me guess: 2.5dCi, big end bearing, kaboom, hole in the block ?

The engine block itself was fine the timing chain, however, was not. It was slipping and chaffing etc. After two days of driving it sounded horrendous. We were only interested in the vehicle because we were told the timing chain had been changed back earlier this year. It had all the relevant paperwork to prove it. However, it turned out the guy we bought it off was using a string of fake names and aliases to sell vehicles and he was on a 6 month suspended sentence for clocking cars and forging vehicle paperwork. Obviously we didn't know this at the time.

Thankfully with HPI check this truck hadn't been clocked, but I'm very confident that the invoice we have for the timing chain replacement was forged.

Went to our local mechanic, who finally had a look inside it and it had never been replaced. So it had done 122k on the original timing chain kit. The engine was also way overfilled with thick awful oil, because of this we had him check most of the engine throughout to make sure other components were okay and nothing had been damaged by the overfill.

Essentially its been ragged and not looked after at all in terms of the crucial servicing and maintenance what actually counts. The bodywork is exceptionally good, thats what I don't understand about it LOL. It will also need a new Turbo in the new year its stared to whistle slightly. :(

I?m ashamed to admit but we were (CONNED BIG TIME)

Despite this now its back working and it has been okay for about 3/4 weeks and its a pleasure to drive :).

- - - Updated - - -

This being his first ever post here surely needs some proof.

I will prove it :) :D. I will post a photo and at some point later a video of myself driving it with my username on the centre console ASAP.

Last edited:
Proof

Proof

Now i've had a bit of time here are the proof shots of my username and stuff on the console :)

jqEdNgz.jpg

KRJSCLb.jpg

Last edited:
Happy New Year guys

So earlier today I took the Navara out for a spin in the countryside and to get a few shots of her. The route I chose though was maybe a mistake since it was really too narrow to stop for a long period of time, but I managed to get a few shots with my D90 and my iPhone. I am defo taking her out again to get some better shots though, maybe more nearer dusk.

I'm hoping to get a lighting rack along the back just to finish it off. After her rebuild she's been running incredible for the past few months.

with all the bad weather we've been having its nice to have something really practical like this to get about

Last edited:
Nice looking Navara. I have your American SUV cousin, the XTerra. Between the low hanging chrome exhaust and running boards, I'm guessing you do mostly pavement driving.

Also, I would very much like to plunder your diesel engine for my own purposes.

Very awesome rig, I would love to have a diesel variant of the Nissan trucks we get here in the US! 27MPG for a truck of that size would be very impressive here.

Very awesome rig, I would love to have a diesel variant of the Nissan trucks we get here in the US! 27MPG for a truck of that size would be very impressive here.

The next generation Titan will have a Cummins 5 liter V8 diesel with 300hp and at least 500lb-ft of torque.

Don't think it would get 27mpg, though.

I know some Nissan guys are wetting themselves in glee, but that is way too much engine for that truck. A smaller I6 or even and I5 would be more than enough for the Titan. Unfortunately, that V8 they are sticking in there is about the smallest pickup truck engine made by Cumings right now.