• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP

Overheat

Forum Addict
http://img428.imageshack.**/img428/7966/2007pontiacsolsticgxpfatop1280.jpg

(from GM Press Release) Pontiac ?s product resurgence zooms forward with the introduction of the 2007 Solstice GXP, the performance version of its in-demand Solstice roadster, at the Greater Los Angeles Auto Show.

?The Solstice GXP pushes the production Solstice to the next level with a 47-percent boost in horsepower, and demonstrates how GM is working on all fronts to build and sell exciting products for diverse audiences,? said Mark LaNeve, General Motors North America vice president of Vehicle Sales, Service and Marketing.

Solstice GXP features GM?s all-new Ecotec 2.0-liter turbo, the most powerful production engine in the Ecotec family.* This turbo with direct injection kicks a V-6?s worth of power out of a four-cylinder engine, an estimated 260 horsepower (194 kw) and 260 lb.-ft. (353 Nm) of torque.*

The performance roadster will feature GM?s StabiliTrak four-channel electronic stability control system. It will debut in the summer and is expected to be priced about $4,000 to $5,000 above the base Solstice.

Solstice GXP will be on display with the Solstice, which features a powerful Ecotec 2.4L engine rated at 177 horsepower (132 kw) and is matched to a close-ratio five-speed manual transmission. The driver-oriented cockpit interior features motorcycle-inspired instruments.

more text, specs and pics here: http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-2007-Pontiac-Solstice-GXP.htm

ive been gone for a while and im wondering why no one said anything.... this should be affordable and fast as all hell. i love it

It has the ugliest front ever to disgrace a road.

It needs visual differentiation if it's going to sell well. A hood scoop going into an intercooler (if it has one) would be the minimum.

i dunno, my father has had several pontiacs and lets just say i've been greatly dissappointed with performance, quality, and comfort.

I dont like the exterior of this one, but i have a feeling the inside will be pretty nice and it will perform well.

No Boss said:
i dunno, my father has had several pontiacs and lets just say i've been greatly dissappointed with performance, quality, and comfort.

I dont like the exterior of this one, but i have a feeling the inside will be pretty nice and it will perform well.
but this is a vauxhall, but pontiac made this look digusting. the saturn sky looks much better and closer to what the vauxhall looks like.

Labcoatguy said:
It needs visual differentiation if it's going to sell well. A hood scoop going into an intercooler (if it has one) would be the minimum.
It would need a TMIC then, probably not going to happen.

Labcoatguy said:
sleeper

I say to anyone who doubts the the Kappa platform, to test drive one, then come back with an answer. You will not, can not, believe its a Pontiac. The interior layout is perfect, as is the weight balance, wheelbase and the power of the engine. It is, the epitimy of a true roadster.

bartboy9891 said:
No Boss said:

but this is a vauxhall, but pontiac made this look digusting. the saturn sky looks much better and closer to what the vauxhall looks like.
Bartboy, you've mentioned the Vauxhall a few times before: it's not a Vauxhall! Period! The Solstice concept came out first, then some people decided, "hey, let's build a Vauxhall concept out of this!" It's a Pontiac first, a Vauxhall concept 4th or 5th.