2008 24h Green Hell Race

Ironic that Hermann Tilke is racing, the Nordschleife is pretty much the exact opposite of a track he'd design!

Anyone got a link to any live timing?

jesus fucking christ, Manthey with a broken cooling system right at the start, Land with a flat tire on the first lap... this is gonna be one hell of a race...

I bet J?rgen Alzen is pretty pissed about being overtaken by Coronels Viper in the classic noob-corner...

too bad for smudo :(

but the Zakspeed people are gonna be really pissed, they came in 2nd last year mainly because the car was so reliable... and now they?re having technical problems after less than half an hour :?

Eifelblitz with problems as well... jesus, the Alzen Porsche is running like Clockwork compared to the rest of the top 10....

viper running again, thank god...

I wonder if the Apollo is gonna do even a single lap without problems...

if the top teams keep this up then J?rgen Alzen may just finally win this one...

as long as he doesn't catch fire again :D

The Viper was in for the second time because of a broken electric.....

How do you guys follow it so well, is there a german commentary feed? Does any one know of an english one?

Last edited:
We can watch parts of the race live on TV on DSF (Deutsches Sport Fernsehen - german sports channel), but they're showing the Formula 1 qualification right now. They'll be back at the green hell @8:30 PM. Can't wait, the live stream is quite boring, they are not changing the cameras, and the exit of the pits isn't that interesting after 30 min of watching... yawn...

The radio le mans feed doesn't seem to work for me. I'm just having the stream on in the background whilst revising and checking the timing every now and again! The only driver I seem to recognise is Sabine anyway.

German translation questions from feed:
Gesamtwertung - I asume this means all classes?
Runden - Number of laps?
Gesamtzeit - Total time taken?
R?ckstand - Time from leader?

Quick noob endurance race question, How are they all on different times, I thought they all started at the same time? Or do they each set off at different times depending on quali? Or am I misunderstanding (very likely)?

and the aston seems to be in for a longer stop again :(

it?s such a pretty car, I really want it to end up in the top 10 somewhere...

German translation questions from feed:
Gesamtwertung - I asume this means all classes?
Runden - Number of laps?
Gesamtzeit - Total time taken?
R?ckstand - Time from leader?

Quick noob endurance race question, How are they all on different times, I thought they all started at the same time? Or do they each set off at different times depending on quali? Or am I misunderstanding (very likely)?

Your translations are absolutely correct.

As far as I know the grid is divided into three classes, depending on the amount of power the cars provide. The Viper, Aston, Apollo, 911 GT3 RSR, BMW Z4M, Lambo and stuff started first, those VW Sciroccos equivalent cars after... erm... after the first group (dunno the gap between the groups in minutes) and and the rest (i.e. those old Minis and Fiat 500) came last.

For the Evo readers: just noticed this. 222 168 Fiat 500 Bovingdon Jethro. He qualified in last place. Should make an interesting read, N24 from the back of the grid.

EDIT: For English commentary, just run the stream over the radio lemans commentary. They are about 10s ahead for me. But it is better than German.

Last edited: