2008 Acura/Honda NSX V10

Vitamin J

Car(s)
1996 Mazda Miata 1.8L, 1992 Spec Miata 1.6L
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/honda/2008-acura-honda-nsx-ar16009.html

This addresses the single largest complaint about the original NSX, which has always been its lack of power.
Just like the old one, will be a technological window for Honda "This new sports car will be the first of a new generation" concluded the director of Honda, Takeo Fukui.
With the V10 the new NSX will be the most powerful honda ever made.The carmaker is aiming for the top in producing engines.
The new Honda/Acura NSX will move upmarket, and will target Aston Martin.
2008 NSX II will offer a 4.5 Liter V10 and a 3.6 V6 , all wheel drive with prices around $100,000.

The mid-engine Honda HSC concept from the 2003 Tokyo show the way toward the next NSX.
The use of Honda?s "Super Handling AWD" system is also a possibility.
SH-AWD is capable applying a greater percentage of overall torque to the rear wheels in aggressive driving situations.
The SH-AWD technology is fantastic for high performance vehicles. The technology was first used on Acura?s RL model. It worked so well, that they have decided to apply the technology to some of their more high-performance vehicles.
Honda plans to raise its global sales by nearly 25 percent over the next three years to four million vehicles a year.Its strategy is based around offering clean, economical models, more hybrids and alternative-fuel vehicles.

The old one
Honda ended production of the NSX in 2005, 15 years after the first NSX was built. The last cars were built in September for the European market and December for North America. For most of its life, it was the most expensive Japanese car in many markets.

25622920_6234ae45bf_4w.jpg

I say BOOOOO AWD! :mad:

A V10?!
:jawdrop:

The new Honda/Acura NSX will move upmarket, and will target Aston Martin.
Uh oh, here come the brand snobs. "I drive a really expensive Honda! It can't compete, it's just a Honda!" Fuck 'em, this car looks like it will be amazing.

AWD is good, could go in the same category with the Audi R8. But the styling is still acking imo, atleast from that angle.

Last edited:
The V10 is apparently based on their Formula 1 V10.

This car better be at the top of the Top Gear Lap board, along with the F430, Z06 and M15.

or give it an awd like porsche?s ..... driftable, but when you lose control the front wheels interact ;)

This is going to be an amazing car. Finally they are putting something bigger than a V6 into it...but they missed the "V8" step of the ladder...OH WELL :p

On a completely seperate (and somewhat unrelated) note, this just reminded me of something I find funny in Top Gear... JC (and the other two, as well I suppose) always say that Honda drivers are in their sixties (or seventies, eighties...w/e you want). Maybe in Britain, but in North America they are all driven by teenagers who wanna make a 4-cylinder go as fast as possible.

i bet it'll handle pretty well. plus, with a v10 it'll haul. need to see some more detailed stats

On a completely seperate (and somewhat unrelated) note, this just reminded me of something I find funny in Top Gear... JC (and the other two, as well I suppose) always say that Honda drivers are in their sixties (or seventies, eighties...w/e you want). Maybe in Britain, but in North America they are all driven by teenagers who wanna make a 4-cylinder go as fast as possible.

They'd had a much better reputation if they hadn't the Accord in their lineup which always had the reputation as a reliable and cheap alterative to its competition in the 1980s / 1990s for the rather price sensible retired generation. Dunno exactly why they were that attracted by it, but when thinking back, ten years ago, my then 75 year old neighbour had an Accord as well.

the car seems so...modest. I guess they're going for the user friendly supercar award again, but thats a bit of an oxymoron, yea? Esp. the fact that u get an engine choice....

Its still going to be a souless barge that won't have any impact :(

I hope I'm wrong

its relative. I am one of the few that really loves the old NSX.

AWD in a mid-engined set-up could prove to be very effective, though i would prefer that they stick to MR.

A V10?!
:jawdrop:

Uh oh, here come the brand snobs. "I drive a really expensive Honda! It can't compete, it's just a Honda!" Fuck 'em, this car looks like it will be amazing.

One of the head guys of Honda was quite surprised when he came to America. Honda has a much different rep in Japan, it's not the cheap image that it is here.

too bad Ayrton Senna is not with us today, to test this new one