2008 Acura/Honda NSX V10

^^ yea its going to be Jenson Button now hehe, if he does JC is gonna quite like this car regardless

wow... A V10? Isn't a V10 engine one of the hardest configurations to perfect because of the off number of cylinders out there, hence there are so few Street cars with V10 engines?

It seems like V10s are the standard now. Carrera GT, Gallardo, Viper, M5/M6, and some others i guess...

I must be outdated then... but the Dodge Viper is still the first production engine with a V10 and that was just abit more than 10 years ago I believe.

New NSX has one very big advantage over it's rivals. It is very very exclusive! I doubt they will make it any cheaper then it's predecessor.

And like someone said few post up, if Honda sees the AWD as a best choice, so be it. Besides, that must be the same very good AWD system the new Honda Legend features.

On a completely seperate (and somewhat unrelated) note, this just reminded me of something I find funny in Top Gear... JC (and the other two, as well I suppose) always say that Honda drivers are in their sixties (or seventies, eighties...w/e you want). Maybe in Britain, but in North America they are all driven by teenagers who wanna make a 4-cylinder go as fast as possible.

I've always wondered that UK image too, in Finland Honda's are driven by just about anyone, old geezers tend to prefer Toyotas (model year depending on their purse size) or old Mercs etc...cars that have had a reputation as solid reliable cars in the 80's. Honda's on the other hand, well I've had two Accords :-D '87 and '91 models...and Civics have been rather popular with younger people too. And the current Accord competes nicely with the other mid/upper-range family cars.

Honda doesn't really have a reputation as being driven by old people, that's reserved for cars like the Toyota Crown or Cressida :p

Not happy about AWD as it won't be as much fun if you just want to get the tail out, like you should on an NSX. I loved the old NSX. It was such a cool looking thing and very rare. I hope the new one is the same.

Honda doesn't really have a reputation as being driven by old people, that's reserved for cars like the Toyota Crown or Cressida :p

I actually found out when i moved here that people don't drive Honda's here fullstop... there are just so few on the road for some reason.

I believe this info in the OP is a little out dated.

May 2006 EVO
http://img123.imageshack.**/img123/3899/image22la.jpg
August 2006 Automobile snippet
attachment.php

There is a lot of talk and rumors that the NSX successor will be FR not MR. The Evo artilce mentions two prototypes being tested; maybe a M6/AMV8V grand tourer and a mid-engine exotic will come to market. That would be my dream though it is not a practical reality.

I absolutely adore the NSX, from Ayrton Senna's imput during its development, to it being so rare; only about 18,000 shipped worldwide over its 15 year production, around only 9,000 were delivered to the US over the same period. I have driven both a NSX and 997 Porsche Carrera(not the S) and feel that NSX is arguble a better drivers car. For me the 997 beats it for over-all-usability, though not by much, but for sheer fun (and the fact Porsche's are like assholes, everyone has one) I would rather have an NSX. I just hope Honda makes a worthy replacement.

wow... A V10? Isn't a V10 engine one of the hardest configurations to perfect because of the off number of cylinders out there, hence there are so few Street cars with V10 engines?

i've read/heard similar things

IIRC it had sth to do with the balance shaft, and that it kept shaking itself to pieces or sth, and it also only works in high compression or sth

quite frankly, i didn't understand the explanation that much :blush:

there's still yuji ide...
You mean the guy who raised (or rather lowered) the bar for the most retarded F1 driver ever? Damn, this guy was even worse than Riccardo Rosset.

And OT: Looks nice! let's hope the V10 gives it the speed the old NSX's suspension could already handle but never got.

I don't see a disadvantage in the AWD layout as well - modern AWD systems are much more sophisticated than the initial ones, I'm sure Honda tested both AWD and RWD versions and based their decision on that.

And some people make it sound that the old NSX was a rather unpopular car - I cannot imagine that's the opinion of most people, I liked it as well.

everyone liked it

just no one bought it

I really liked it aswell... But truth be said, it was underpowered compared to the ferraris and porsches it was to compete against. I really liked it, cos i'm generally a sucker for the underog.

But what idiot decided to name their supercar No SeX. Isn't one of the purposes of supercars wooing the ladies into getting laid?

Admitteldy, if given the choice between the NSX and a 911, I'd prefer the Porsche.

I dunno, Porsches are so common, NSXs are nice and rare. I've said it before, but if i spend that much on a car, i'd feel gutted if i drove home and found out that 10 of my neighbors drive the same car.

I dunno, Porsches are so common, NSXs are nice and rare. I've said it before, but if i spend that much on a car, i'd feel gutted if i drove home and found out that 10 of my neighbors drive the same car.

Common, but owning a Porsche's ever been a dream for me :)

Expensive or not, the new NSX won't be a common sight on streets anyway, so if you're looking for something very individual, it's a proper choice.