2008 Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix

Does anyone know yet why on earth Rubens pitted when the pit lane was closed? He was doing so well up to then

EDIT: Oh, he had no fuel, doh!

Last edited:
What a great race. Shame about Honda, but I knew they would do better than what you lot thought :p

Shame about the winner, but oh well. I think that was one of the most entertaining Aussie GP's for a while. Looks like its going to be a good season.

Ferrari look f****d now that Todt, Schumi and Brawn are no longer there. Oh well, fingers crossed for another 1990-1999 era :D

Malaysian GP thread will be here shortly.

Nakajima received penalty for crashing into Kubca's back. He will lose 10 postions in Malaysa qualifications.

That was an awesome grand prix!

Also, any viewers of ITV's coverage now got Iron Maiden's 'can I play with madness' imprinted on their mind?

Huh? How is that surprising in any way, shape or form?

Cause Piquet was close to Hamilton is GP2, so I expected him to be a challenge for Fernando, but here's nowhere near...shows how damn good Hamilton is...

That was an awesome grand prix!

Also, any viewers of ITV's coverage now got Iron Maiden's 'can I play with madness' imprinted on their mind?

:lol: Yeah!

Well you can expect everyone to live up to their full potential from race one - i think very few drivers have been raised for F1 they way Hamilton has. Mclaren has made sure that he knew what it was all about.. :)

Rosberg wasn't that good to begin with. Kovalainen had a terrible start last year in the first race. I'm feeling pretty confident that Piquet will catch up at some point =)

If you had to say why Kubica did so poor, apart from the Nakajima (who should btw be banned from F1) incident, who would you blame?

For me it's obvious that it was the BMW strategists who at that very moment, where they fueled him to the brim and send him with softer tyres for the last half of the race, acted like a pack of retarded mules... Big shame on that move. And why do they keep experimenting with the strategy on Robert? Clearly they favourise Heidfeld although Kubica was fastest almost in every of the winter tests, not mentioning qual... I don't understand that.

The race as a whole was very interesting, I've never seen only 7 cars to cross the line under the chequered flag! Poor race for both Fezzas. Hope to see them back on form in a weeks time.

If you had to say why Kubica did so poor, apart from the Nakajima (who should btw be banned from F1) incident, who would you blame?

For me it's obvious that it was the BMW strategists who at that very moment, where they fueled him to the brim and send him with softer tyres for the last half of the race, acted like a pack of retarded mules... Big shame on that move. And why do they keep experimenting with the strategy on Robert? Clearly they favourise Heidfeld although Kubica was fastest almost in every of the winter tests, not mentioning qual... I don't understand that.

My fellow Polaks, I realize you're all thrilled that a Polish driver is competing in F1, I know I am, but some of you need to take off the blindfold. Kubica is certainly a rising star, but he is not the second coming of Jesus in a BMW. The man is not infallible, he makes mistakes, please learn to accept it. There is no conspiracy, BMW doesn't secretly hate him, he's just unfortunate at times.

Sorry for the rant... :p

Hey, I agree he was unfortunate but that much unfortunate? :) Ok I was very pissed off yesterday and it shows but I just can't yet understand what actually happened in the race :p

But telletubby you have to agree with me that his strategists ruined it for him. ;)

I'm listening to "ze Germans" because I don't understand a blind word of what they're on about. But they pause for team radio, I don't get annoyed with them and the sound feed is better than our national TV.

Hamilton on pole:|... Kubica could have beaten him if he hadn't had that slide out of T11 or whatever that was.

Not necessarily, Lewis had a slide as well so he might have been even faster<_<

What a great race. Shame about Honda, but I knew they would do better than what you lot thought :p

Shame about the winner, but oh well. I think that was one of the most entertaining Aussie GP's for a while. Looks like its going to be a good season.

Ferrari look f****d now that Todt, Schumi and Brawn are no longer there. Oh well, fingers crossed for another 1990-1999 era :D

Malaysian GP thread will be here shortly.

What a blatantly bigoted view you have. There was nothing wrong with "the winner" as you so Indignantly put it. Lewis is a good character off and on the track. It seems that people like you seem to take a disliking just for the sake of it.

Lewis is supremely confident to the point of arrogance. Thats rubs some people the wrong way. Its also why he is so bloody good though.

Damn i feel so sorry for Bourdais ! so close :|

Lewis was lukky :twisted::nod:

Lewis was lukky :twisted::nod:

Or maybe he was just the best driver in the best car on the day. You don't essentially lead from lights to flag through luck. Luck is something like Button winning the Hungarian GP from 16th due to everyone crashing in the pissing down rain.

My fellow Polaks, I realize you're all thrilled that a Polish driver is competing in F1, I know I am, but some of you need to take off the blindfold. Kubica is certainly a rising star, but he is not the second coming of Jesus in a BMW. The man is not infallible, he makes mistakes, please learn to accept it. There is no conspiracy, BMW doesn't secretly hate him, he's just unfortunate at times.

Sorry for the rant... :p

Great rant Marcin. 100% agreement on that.

I'm sometimes biased too, but you know Polish Pride, not so easy to accept that Robert isn't the best driver in F1 ;) We have to be patient, he has plenty of time to win the championship.

What a blatantly bigoted view you have. There was nothing wrong with "the winner" as you so Indignantly put it. Lewis is a good character off and on the track. It seems that people like you seem to take a disliking just for the sake of it.

Mate, not everyone loves the "golden boy". Doesn't mean anyone thinks he is a bad person.

I see you havent been on this forum for very long.

My name is HondaF1, pleased to meet you :p

lol@hondaf1 :p

It was a marvellous Grand Prix this weekend and I really hope the rest of the season is as eventful. The new tracks look immense and I'm so happy to see more street circuits on the calandar - gonna be tops! :D