2008 Brazilian Formula 1 Grand Prix ? Title Decider

I was pulling a fast one on cellos because he was pulling a fast one on us, the fact that u had tobexplain it and that you two took it seriously is pretty depressing to be quite honest

I'm happy Massa is on pole, and that Hammy is 4th. I'm not a Ferrari Fan (rooting for BMW and Kubi, even though Kubi is out of it), but I hope Massa wins it, but Hammy has to throw it in order for Massa to do so. I dont even dislike Hammy that much, its McLaren and Ron Dennis that I despise (Dennis in particular). If it rains that will be really interesting, and if it doesnt, I at least hope that no one crashes into Hammy on purpose.

Great qualifying, I'm rooting for Hamilton. It's gonna be a VERY exciting finale for this season!

• [*]1) Who will take Pole and who will win the Race?
Pole: Massa Win: Massa

• [*]2) Which three drivers will be on the podium?
Massa, Raikkonen, Alonso

• [*]3) Who will win the Drivers Championship?
Massa, with some luck.

• [*]4) Do McLaren have a realistic chance of winning the Constructors Championship?
No.

• [*]5) What has been your highlight of the 2008 season?
Ferrari winning.

• [*]6) What has been your lowlight of the 2008 season?
Australia, Valencia, Singapore and the endless whining of McLaren fanboys screaming foul-play over Ferrari.

• [*]7) What are you most looking forward to about the 2009 season?
The new cars, obviously (in particular, KERS) and the first Abu Dhabi F1 GP.

All of what he said. :)

Weather still bad (or good depending on what you want)

Sunday weather update - Sao Paulo braced for thunderstorms

Welcome to race day for the Brazilian Grand Prix, the 18th and concluding round of the 2008 FIA Formula One World Championship.

The weather could yet have a major influence on the outcome. Despite a dry start to Sunday, thunderstorms are expected in the region during the day, when the ambient temperature high will be 24 degrees Celsius.

The race starts at 1500 hours local time, which is two hours behind GMT, and runs over 71 laps of the 4.309 kilometre track (2.677 mile), or 305.909 kilometres (190.067 miles).

argh.....argh......argh......argh......argh TENSION!!!!!! Why can't the race be over already!!! hahahahhaha

I don't want either of them to win the championship but god its so tense with this grid. The Truilli train could be a problem, hopefully Kimi jumps him at the start!! Alonso will be charging hard and I don't think he particularly cares what happens. Massa is fuelled light, perhaps not crazily light as he just grabs another gear around this circuit. Its sooooo sooooo soooooo close between everybody its going to be a mental race, and thats if it stays dry.

If it rains......2003 anyone?? This circuit is just absolutely fucking brilliant. Makes me HATE HATE HATE HATE these new stupid mega-complex things. Interlagos is a beautiful flowing race track and the fans......simply amazing. The atmosphere there must be crazy.

AARRRHHHGGGGGHGHGHGHGH I CAN'T TAKE IT!!!!

I'm dying of over-excitement. This tension is toooooo great.

The race is on at 1am, it'll probably end around 4am after the press conference and race analysis on tv, i have school at 9am (but i have to wake up at 6am - assuming i can even sleep after the race), and after school i have to report to work at the airport until 10pm; by the time i end work i will reach home at around 10.30pm thereabouts, have to bathe, do my homework for the day, and then i have to be up at 6am on Tuesday to go to school.

I'm quite fucked, but i can't really give a shit! :lol:

I won't be watching it live, I like sleep too much. Only did that for Schuey's last race in '06. But I will be up fairly early to watch it.

^ Bah, what sort of fan are you? :p

Well, 10pm here so I'm off to get some sleep before the 3:30am wake-up.

How dare you question my commitment to the cause!!! :p I have exams to study for boy hahahah

I almost want Massa to do this, if only to see the crowd reaction. Lewis has been the better driver this year and for a driver like Massa to win a WDC would be painful. However his results have been better and without the blow up in Hungary it would be a foregone conclusion so I guess he would deserve it too.

I almost want Massa to do this, if only to see the crowd reaction. Lewis has been the better driver this year and for a driver like Massa to win a WDC would be painful. However his results have been better and without the blow up in Hungary it would be a foregone conclusion so I guess he would deserve it too.

Man, if Massa actually wins this (WDC), I'll take my clothes off and run around my neighbourhood with joy! JOY I TELLS YE!

Wait, what? :|

Man, if Massa actually wins this (WDC), I'll take my clothes off and run around my neighbourhood with joy! JOY I TELLS YE!

Wait, what? :|

You're on. We'll want pictures for proof as well! :p

...I wish it was a race at 3 in the morning here, then I could just get up and watch...now I have wait 4 agaonising hours...in the day!

This is waaaay more tense then last year's Brazil race...probably cause it's two teams as well...

For those of you for whom the race is on in the wee hours of the morning, are you planning to sleep off the hours before the race or are you just going to stay awake. I don't know what to do with myself.

For those that missed it, here's the ITV music video marking 12 years of their hard work:

[YOUTUBE]PS2U305190I[/YOUTUBE]

:lol:
Note that James Allen's line was "And Though You Try You'll Never Break Me"

EDIT: James Allen hits back!

James Allen said:
I was always pretty confident that when Murray decided to retire I would get the gig, but never anything less than utterly self-critical and seeking to improve with every race and every year, which I think I?ve done.

It?s a very difficult and high-pressure job, because with 20 cars there are 20 different points of focus.

You have to read the race, using a TV picture and the timing screens, while speaking at the same time and still leave spare brain capacity for talking to the producer and thinking about what comes next.

And as it?s live and it?s all happening very quickly it?s very easy to make a mistake, which is why you always need to allow yourself a margin.

Having a brilliant communicator like Martin Brundle as a partner helps a great deal too.

I take a journalistic approach to commentary, I?m a storyteller; it?s my job to tell the story, not to be the story.

Of course there are many people at home in their armchairs who think they could do it better and one of the challenges for me was that I replaced Murray just as the internet opened up to allow everyone to have their say in chat rooms and forums.

But I know from market research and viewer feedback that the pros massively outnumber the vocal minority of cons.

I?m very proud of the work that we have done with the North One production team over the years and we have 2 BAFTAs and 12 Royal Television Society awards to prove that the TV industry, like most viewers, rate our work very highly.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2008/11/01/james-allen-hits-back/

Last edited:
...wrong thread...

Sorry, didn't notice. Is it possible to neg-rep myself?

Don't...doesn't matter...in the end we're just messing about on the interwebz anyway :p

2Nereid, how about you stop posting the same news twice? I am pretty sure F1 fans open other threads too.

Sorry, deleted the other post. Again, permission to neg-rep.:(